InitApp for Android in XE8 Firemonkey

Hi,

I am trying to get the following code examples to work:

http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/29684  Crossplatform OpenGL XE2/XE5 CubeMan3D Demo;
http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/29682

They work fine in Windows, but fail for the Android because InitApp is not found.

I assume this is because it moved to another unit, but I cannot find it in the document, on the web, or in any units I have looked for.  Does anyone know where it is?
0
Peter
8/2/2015 4:23:52 PM
embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey 4901 articles. 2 followers. Follow

From the author of CubeMan:

Well CubeMan3D works under XE8 if you add the unit Androidapi.NativeActivity and replace "InitApp" by "PANativeActivity(System.DelphiActivity)^.instance".

If you create a blank FMX application and replace the DPR by CubeMan3D.dpr you can select any target from the IDE.

I have not yet been able to test, since my Android device stopped talking to the PC when I went to Windows 10 (another thread).
0
Peter

is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks.
is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. Have a look in your Android output directory -- Linden "Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source" > {quote:title=Linden ROTH wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > > > Have a look in ...

XE8, Firemonkey for Android, cannot load USB driver in Windows 10
Hi, I just moved to Windows 10, and the upgrade went very well. Delphi is doing well, until I tried to work on an Android app and cannot talk to my Nexus 7. I downloaded the latest driver, double clicked on the INF file , which ran and said the driver was installed. Delphi does not see the device, and I also cannot see it in whatever MyComputer just got renamed do. Has anyone else gotten it to work, and did you have any particular challanges? Am 01.08.2015 um 01:23 schrieb Peter Guth: > Hi, > > I just moved to Windows 10, and the upgrade went very well. Delphi is doi...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. ...

Android C demo program to Firemonkey Delphi (Will Pay)
I have a C demo program for the Android platform that I need to convert to Firemonkey and Delphi XE5. This demo logic is written in pure C, and reads one of 5 canned barcodes. Page39a contains those barcodes. The goal is to scan those codes and react accordingly. This conversion will serve as a learning process for me. I am willing to pay for this conversion if need be. Thanking you all in advance and I look forward to any recommendations. Andy http://www.odesk.com/ has developers for hire. Thanks Eli. I will check it out. Andy On Thu, 29 May 2014 06:18:43 -0700, Eli...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

TBitmap gets smaller on rotation in delphi xe8 firemonkey multi device proj
I have an TImage compontent with a bitmap. The image component size properties are singles and TBitmap size properties are integers. The bitmap needs to be the same size as the component and i've made a resize method that gets called everytime the screen rotates. So i've tried to trunc the component size in order to set the size and tried to round it, but every time the bitmap gets smaller. I also tried to cast the sizes of the image component to integer so it doesn't have to round the size for the bitmap. But this has no effect. *Is there a solution for this problem?* I...

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.1! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support including Android and iOS)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.1! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.1! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support including Android and iOS)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.1! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

Get the fat out from XE5 Android apps
In the modern mobile OSes (like iOS and Android) the applications are run into a sandbox for more control, security and performance reasons and there are no (easy) ways to separate/use a "runtime" library (in Delphi's case RTL + FireMonkey) to be shared by multiple apps. This problem is common to all mobile x-plat runtimes/wrappers like Adobe AIR (http://www.adobe.com/products/air.html) or Mono (http://www.mono-project.com). In Delphi's case the problem with the increasingly fat apps (statically linking RTL + FireMonkey to the application binary) comes from the non-optimi...

Problem (FireMonkey for Android)
Hi, I have a problem for an application I'm developing for Android, I added the component "WebBrowser", and I noticed that when I click a text box does not open the virtual keyboard to write, I find this pretty useless because if I browse on the "www.google.com" I should have the ability to run a search on the internet, you know help me to solve this problem? How can I bring up the keyboard when I click on a text box on the web browser? thanks I paid a fortune for the latest release with the Mobile add-on. Only to find this "fineprint" http://docwiki.embar...

Java, Android, Firemonkey
Hallo, ich hatte schon mal angefangen, möchte aber meine Frage präzisieren. In der Zwischenzeit habe ich ein Beispiel zu Firemonkey gefunden. Mit dieser Bibliothek will ich meine Android-Software erstellen. Die Firemonkey-Units sind in C:\Programme (x86)\embarcadero\RAd Studio\9.0\Source\fmx. Dort fine ich aber nur Beispile, die Windows-Applicationen erstellen - und als auswählbare Zielpattformen gibts Win32, win64 und OS X - nix mit Android.Weiß jemand wie es weitergeht?????????? ...

Web resources about - InitApp for Android in XE8 Firemonkey - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore