how to refresh/repaint/invalidate a component in firemonkey? [Edit]

Hi,

I try to update a component text property periodically ...

example:

put a TBbutton on a form,

add the following code to the OnClick event:

{code}

  var i : integer;

  begin
    for i := 1 to 1000000 do begin
      if i mod 1000 = 0 then begin
        button1.Text := inttostr(i);
        button1.Repaint;
        // have tried "Realign" too...
      end;
    end;
  end;
{code}

From my point of view, this routine should update the component
every thousand steps... I have tried .realign too... without success...

Any idea how to refresh a firemonkey component or the whole form/scene?

Tia,

Peter

Edited by: Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach on Nov 7, 2011 2:40 AM
0
Peter

> {quote:title=Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> I try to update a component text property periodically ...
>
> example:
>
> put a TBbutton on a form,
>
> add the following code to the OnClick event:
>
> {code}
>
>   var i : integer;
>
>   begin

The form will repaint if you use TForm1.Invalidate.  Try that.

Scott
>     for i := 1 to 1000000 do begin
>       if i mod 1000 = 0 then begin
>         button1.Text := inttostr(i);
>         button1.Repaint;
>         // have tried "Realign" too...
>       end;
>     end;
>   end;
> {code}
>
> From my point of view, this routine should update the component
> every thousand steps... I have tried .realign too... without success...
>
> Any idea how to refresh a firemonkey component or the whole form/scene?
>
> Tia,
>
> Peter
>
> Edited by: Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach on Nov 7, 2011 2:40 AM
0
Scott
11/7/2011 3:30:02 PM
> {quote:title=Scott Hochberg wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi,
> >
> > I try to update a component text property periodically ...
> >
> > example:
> >
> > put a TBbutton on a form,
> >
> > add the following code to the OnClick event:
> >
> > {code}
> > procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
> >
> >   var i : integer;
> >
> >   begin
>
> >     for i := 1 to 1000000 do begin
> >       if i mod 1000 = 0 then begin
> >         button1.Text := inttostr(i);
> >         button1.Repaint;
> >         // have tried "Realign" too...
> >       end;
> >     end;
> >   end;
> > {code}
> >
> > From my point of view, this routine should update the component
> > every thousand steps... I have tried .realign too... without success...
> >
> > Any idea how to refresh a firemonkey component or the whole form/scene?
> >
> > Tia,
> >
> > Peter
> >
> > Edited by: Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach on Nov 7, 2011 2:40 AM

Sorry, let me try this again - my reply got stuck in the middle of your question --

The form will repaint if you use TForm1.Invalidate.  Try that.

Scott
0
Scott
11/7/2011 3:32:50 PM
> {quote:title=Scott Hochberg wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Scott Hochberg wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach wrote:}{quote}
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I try to update a component text property periodically ...
> > >
> > > example:
> > >
> > > put a TBbutton on a form,
> > >
> > > add the following code to the OnClick event:
> > >
> > > {code}
> > > procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
> > >
> > >   var i : integer;
> > >
> > >   begin
> >
> > >     for i := 1 to 1000000 do begin
> > >       if i mod 1000 = 0 then begin
> > >         button1.Text := inttostr(i);
> > >         button1.Repaint;
> > >         // have tried "Realign" too...
> > >       end;
> > >     end;
> > >   end;
> > > {code}
> > >
> > > From my point of view, this routine should update the component
> > > every thousand steps... I have tried .realign too... without success...
> > >
> > > Any idea how to refresh a firemonkey component or the whole form/scene?
> > >
> > > Tia,
> > >
> > > Peter
> > >
> > > Edited by: Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach on Nov 7, 2011 2:40 AM
>
> Sorry, let me try this again - my reply got stuck in the middle of your question --
>
> The form will repaint if you use TForm1.Invalidate.  Try that.
>
> Scott

Hello Scott,

I've tried Form1.Invalidate too, still no effect here. Btw, I'm using  update 2, it did not work under update 1 either...

Regards,

Peter
0
Peter
11/7/2011 3:50:55 PM
Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach wrote:
> Any idea how to refresh a firemonkey component or the whole
> form/scene?

Weird. This should work. But it does not, indeed. It does work when you
use an Application.ProcessMessages, but that slows stuff down too much.
0
Dominique
11/7/2011 4:33:09 PM
Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach wrote:
> button1.Text := inttostr(i);

Compromise, but fast, is to use

button1.Text := inttostr(i);
Application.HandleMessage

No Repaint necessary.
0
Dominique
11/7/2011 4:55:15 PM
> {quote:title=Dominique Willems wrote:}{quote}
> Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach wrote:
> > button1.Text := inttostr(i);
>
> Compromise, but fast, is to use
>
> button1.Text := inttostr(i);
> Application.HandleMessage
>
> No Repaint necessary.

Super - many thanks - this is really working. I haven't noticed that Application.ProcessMessages
& co is aboard in Firemonkey now...
0
Peter
11/8/2011 5:17:28 AM
I've tried to apply the suggestions in this thread to my solve my problem, but it's not working. I have a FireMonkey TListBox that won't repaint. I've tried:
ListBox1.InvalidateRect(RectF(0,0,width,height));
ListBox1.Realign;
Application.ProcessMessages;
Application.HandleMessage;
None of the above work. Any thoughts?

> {quote:title=Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Dominique Willems wrote:}{quote}
> > Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach wrote:
> > > button1.Text := inttostr(i);
> >
> > Compromise, but fast, is to use
> >
> > button1.Text := inttostr(i);
> > Application.HandleMessage
> >
> > No Repaint necessary.
>
> Super - many thanks - this is really working. I haven't noticed that Application.ProcessMessages
> & co is aboard in Firemonkey now...
0
Daryl
1/17/2012 6:03:41 PM
> {quote:title=Daryl Erwin wrote:}{quote}
> I've tried to apply the suggestions in this thread to my solve my problem, but it's not working. I have a FireMonkey TListBox that won't repaint. I've tried:
> ListBox1.InvalidateRect(RectF(0,0,width,height));
> ListBox1.Realign;
> Application.ProcessMessages;
> Application.HandleMessage;
> None of the above work. Any thoughts?
>

> > {quote:title=Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=Dominique Willems wrote:}{quote}
> > >
> > > Compromise, but fast, is to use
> > >
> > > button1.Text := inttostr(i);
> > > Application.HandleMessage
> > >
> > > No Repaint necessary.
> >
> > Super - many thanks - this is really working. I haven't noticed that Application.ProcessMessages
> > & co is aboard in Firemonkey now...

Hello,

Well if you want to repaint the form while still in executing the callback of a button, you shall start a new Thread, because the callback actualy blocks your interface.

Stefan
0
Stefan
1/18/2012 11:56:10 AM
> {quote:title=Stefan Baciu wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Daryl Erwin wrote:}{quote}
> > I've tried to apply the suggestions in this thread to my solve my problem, but it's not working. I have a FireMonkey TListBox that won't repaint. I've tried:
> > ListBox1.InvalidateRect(RectF(0,0,width,height));
> > ListBox1.Realign;
> > Application.ProcessMessages;
> > Application.HandleMessage;
> > None of the above work. Any thoughts?
> >

> > > {quote:title=Peter Wichenthaler-Sternbach wrote:}{quote}

> > > Super - many thanks - this is really working. I haven't noticed that Application.ProcessMessages
> > > & co is aboard in Firemonkey now...
>
> Hello,
>
> Well if you want to repaint the form while still in executing the callback of a button, you shall start a new Thread, because the callback actualy blocks your interface.
>
> Stefan

I'm not sure I follow what you mean. I'll give a little more detail. I've built a simple client/server chat program. A message comes in from the client, which is displayed in TListBox. Then the server app waits until a TCheckBox is checked, then sends a response back to the client, and displays it response in its TListBox. Here's my procedure:
procedure TForm1.IdTCPServer1Execute(AContext: TIdContext);
var str: string;
begin
  str:= AContext.Connection.IOHandler.ReadLn();
  ListBox1.Items.Add(AContext.Connection.Socket.Binding.PeerIP + ':' + IntToStr(AContext.Connection.Socket.Binding.PeerPort) + ': ' + str);
  ListBox1.ItemIndex:= ListBox1.Items.Count -1;
  while not DoneCheck.IsChecked do
     Delay(500);
  AContext.Connection.IOHandler.WriteLn(ReplyEdit.Text);
  ListBox1.Items.Add('Me: ' + ReplyEdit.Text);
  ListBox1.ItemIndex:= ListBox1.Items.Count -1;
  DoneCheck.IsChecked:= False;
end;
0
Daryl
1/18/2012 4:30:42 PM
I had a similar problem. Windows 32 bit behaves a bit differently from Windows 64 (on the same 32 bit exe)
I managed to solve this using Canvas.Clear(0) method..
0
Paolo
1/18/2012 8:02:20 PM
> {quote:title=Daryl Erwin wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Stefan Baciu wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=Daryl Erwin wrote:}{quote}
> > > I've tried to apply the suggestions in this thread to my solve my problem, but it's not working. I have a FireMonkey TListBox that won't repaint. I've tried:
> > > ListBox1.InvalidateRect(RectF(0,0,width,height));
> > > ListBox1.Realign;
> > > Application.ProcessMessages;
> > > Application.HandleMessage;
> > > None of the above work. Any thoughts?

> > Hello,
> >
> > Well if you want to repaint the form while still in executing the callback of a button, you shall start a new Thread, because the callback actualy blocks your interface.
> >
> > Stefan
>
> I'm not sure I follow what you mean. I'll give a little more detail. I've built a simple client/server chat program. A message comes in from the client, which is displayed in TListBox. Then the server app waits until a TCheckBox is checked, then sends a response back to the client, and displays it response in its TListBox. Here's my procedure:
> procedure TForm1.IdTCPServer1Execute(AContext: TIdContext);
> var str: string;
> begin
>   str:= AContext.Connection.IOHandler.ReadLn();
>   ListBox1.Items.Add(AContext.Connection.Socket.Binding.PeerIP + ':' + IntToStr(AContext.Connection.Socket.Binding.PeerPort) + ': ' + str);
>   ListBox1.ItemIndex:= ListBox1.Items.Count -1;
>   while not DoneCheck.IsChecked do
>      Delay(500);
>   AContext.Connection.IOHandler.WriteLn(ReplyEdit.Text);
>   ListBox1.Items.Add('Me: ' + ReplyEdit.Text);
>   ListBox1.ItemIndex:= ListBox1.Items.Count -1;
>   DoneCheck.IsChecked:= False;
> end;

Well, try this out, for me it works,

unit Unit2;

interface

uses
  System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Classes, System.Variants,
  FMX.Types, FMX.Controls, FMX.Forms, FMX.Dialogs, IdContext, IdBaseComponent,
  IdComponent, IdCustomTCPServer, IdTCPServer, FMX.Layouts, FMX.ListBox,
  FMX.Edit;
type MyThread = class(TThread)
    protected
    procedure Execute; override;
    public
    AContext: TIdContext;
    constructor Create; overload;
    destructor Destroy; override;
  end;
type
  TForm2 = class(TForm)
    DoneCheck: TCheckBox;
    ListBox1: TListBox;
    IdTCPServer1: TIdTCPServer;
    ReplyEdit: TEdit;
    procedure IdTCPServer1Execute(AContext: TIdContext);
  private
    { Private declarations }
  public
    { Public declarations }
  end;

var
  Form2: TForm2;

implementation

{$R *.fmx}

constructor MyThread.Create;
begin
  inherited Create(true); // suspended to allow creation of stuff before run
  FreeOnTerminate := true;
end;
destructor MyThread.Destroy;
begin
  inherited;
end;

procedure MyThread.Execute;
var
  str : string;
  host : string;
  port : string;
begin
  while NOT Form2.DoneCheck.IsChecked do
    Sleep(500);
  AContext.Connection.IOHandler.WriteLn(Form2.ReplyEdit.Text);
  Form2.ListBox1.Items.Add('Me: ' + Form2.ReplyEdit.Text);
  Form2.ListBox1.ItemIndex:= Form2.ListBox1.Items.Count -1;
  Form2.DoneCheck.IsChecked:= False;
end;

procedure TForm2.IdTCPServer1Execute(AContext: TIdContext);
var str: string;
    MT : MyThread;
begin
  str:= AContext.Connection.IOHandler.ReadLn();
  ListBox1.Items.Add(AContext.Connection.Socket.Binding.PeerIP + ':' + IntToStr(AContext.Connection.Socket.Binding.PeerPort) + ': ' + str);
  ListBox1.ItemIndex:= ListBox1.Items.Count -1;
  MT := MyThread.Create;
  MT.AContext:=AContext;
  MT.Start;
end;

end.

Regards,

Stefan
0
Stefan
1/19/2012 12:02:24 PM
> {quote:title=Paolo Francesco Ingraito wrote:}{quote}
> I had a similar problem. Windows 32 bit behaves a bit differently from Windows 64 (on the same 32 bit exe)
> I managed to solve this using Canvas.Clear(0) method..

I am indeed running 32 bit. Your idea seems to help, but parts of the text go invisible sometimes. So I took your suggestion and then run through the items setting them to visible. This helps, but then I randomly get sections/all of the TListBox turning black. So this doesn't seem to be a full solution either. Here's my new code:
canvas.Clear($FFFFFF);
for i := 0 to ListBox1.items.count-1 do
  ListBox1.ItemByIndex(i).Visible:= true;
0
Daryl

Delphi / FireMonkey release components created at runtime [Edit]
Hello, XE6, Win7 Am I right I thinking that if I create a component, such as TImage, at runtime, Delphi automatically releases the memory when the program closes. I declared this: im: TImage; as a TForm variable. Put this in .FormCreate: ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown := DebugHook <> 0; This picks up things like TStrokeBrush when I don't run .Free; I then put this in: procedure TFrmScales.Button4Click(Sender: TObject); begin im := TImage.Create(self); im.Bitmap.Assign(I_note.Bitmap); // I_note is a TImage that I put there at design-time im.Pa...

Firemonkey components [Edit]
I am rather new to firemonkey and was wondering where to find information on the purposes of certain controls. I am using XE8 update 1, mostly with Android 4.x. Some of the controls look much like other controls so I don't know when to use a particular control v/s when to use another. Is there an article describing the controls and the nuances or advantages of one control of another similar control. I need to know the purpose of a tlayout control, what does it give you when below the form compared to a tpanel. What is the purpose of a toolbar. How does a tstatus work. It seems to...

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

LookupCombobox component under Firemonkey [Edit]
Hello, How can I manage this ? : I have a dataset with ID and Description fields. I need the records to be displayed in a comboBox. Description need to be displayed (in the listbox and with the selected element). ID should be associated with the available items. I'm able to display these records on a comboBox (using livebindings) but I can't find a way to get the ID value. Here is how I've set my visual binding : [BINDSOURCEDB].ID ----> [COMBOBOX].Item.LookupData [BINDSOURCEDB].Description ----> [COMBOBOX].Item.Text Here is my code (OnButonClick) i...

Firemonkey custom component [Edit]
I'm using Delphi XE8 and trying to create a cross-platform component for FireMonkey. But I'm facing some problems. Although up the properties "Width" and "Height" in the Object Inspector to compile apparently the size settings are ignored. And when I reopen the project my component is also small. (I noticed that the width and height settings are not saved to the DFM file). Note: All other native components of FireMonkey work properly, just my custom not. Whats the problem? {code} TCard = class(TControl) private { Private declarations } FC...

Build Component in Firemonkey [Edit]
Hi, How to build a component in firemonkey to display some numbers that is retrieved from a database table field. Can I get some idea or any examples available? Edited by: Rolance Kripakaran on May 14, 2012 2:52 AM > {quote:title=Rolance Kripakaran wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > How to build a component in firemonkey to display some numbers that is retrieved from a database table field. > > Can I get some idea or any examples available? > There's three tasks you'll need to master to get that done. Firstly you'll need to know about LiveBindings...

Firemonkey component funnies [Edit]
Hi All, I've been using Delphi from V3 to V8, and now see it will produce iPad apps. I've downloaded a trial of EX2 and have an odd issue: I'm a bit rusty, so may bear with me! Platform set to win32 (to debug), TIdHTTP dropped on the form. Code completion offers .get for IdHTTP1, but I get 'IdHTTP1 does not contain a member get' IdHTTP1.Get('http://www.bbc.co.uk'); What am I missing? Ta. Edited by: martin moore on Sep 29, 2011 8:33 AM > {quote:title=martin moore wrote:}{quote} > Hi All, I've been using Delphi from V3 to V8, and no...

Firemonkey Grid
Hi, On my form I have a Firemonkey Grid and I have a singular StringColumn. I am retrieving data from the internet via XML, parsing and filling a Generic Collection list. The data comes in and I clear the old collection, thus clearing the grid. I have also added the event OnGetValue and I am using that event to populate my grid from the Collection. The first time this is run it's perfect, then I search 3 more times (to retrieve seperate data) and the grid updates with the fresh values. However on the fourth search I have to manually click into the Grid in order to get it to refl...

ANN: New Firemonkey Components [Edit]
Check out what is cooking for the Beta 6 release of Apesuite... http://arcana.sivv.com/blog/2012/5/3/apesuite-beta-6-preview-and-sivv-support-site.html -- Arcana components for Delphi, Intraweb and Firemonkey http://arcana.sivv.com Edited by: Jason Southwell on May 3, 2012 3:55 PM From your website: "Your purchase includes source code and updates for a period of one year." The one year period start with the release of version 1 or it include the beta testing time? > {quote:title=Jason Southwell wrote:}{quote} > Check out what is cooking for the Beta 6 rel...

Firemonkey-Mobile: GridView component? [Edit]
Hello everybody, i'm trying to develop some sample mobile apps with FireMonkey framework. I see that in Tool Palette there is a TListView component, but not a TGridView component. I'm very surprised of this lack, due GridView should share the same logic of ListView, only the layout should be different ( Android work in that way - http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/declaring-layout.html#AdapterViews ). There are other grid components (TGridLayout, TGridPanelLayout) but them haven't the same behavior and features of ListView. So, No way to implement a GridView? Thank yo...

Error in help- creating a firemonkey component- [Edit]
1- function TDialogButtonPanel.GetStyleObject: TControl; is function TDialogButtonPanel.GetStyleObject:*TFmxObject*; 2- and in the same function Style = 'MyPanelButtonsStyle'; is Style = *'DialogButtonPanelStyle'*; The StyleName of the root (TRectangle) component in the .style file is coincidentally the same as the RCDATA name Please, review then for the future Edited by: Germán Balbi on Jul 14, 2013 12:31 PM > {quote:title=Germán Balbi wrote:}{quote} > Please, review then for the future If there's an issue with the help you&#...

VCL Firemonkey Component name conflict [Edit]
I am writing VCL and Firemonkey versions of a component and want to use the same component name on both frameworks. XE6 Update 1 I install one framework package but when I install the second package I get an error that TMyComponent is already registered with the first package however when I restart the IDE both the VCL and Fm packages are checked as installed in the list of packages. I create either a new VCL Forms application or a new Fm Desktop application and the correct version of TMyComponent can be added to it from the Tool Pallette. I then "Close all" and create a new ...

XE5 FireMonkey IOS and TWebBrowser Refresh? [Edit]
Hi! I'm using TWebBrowser to embed some php pages in my mobile app. How do i refresh those pages like WebBrowser.Refresh in VCL. Also TWebBrowser seems to crash if there is a heavy load of graphics etc. on my php pages so i have to keep the pages quite memory low... It is buggy as hell and the offset of TWebBrowser seems to be wrong... Edited by: Haakon A. Myhra on Oct 15, 2013 4:02 AM ...

Firemonkey - XE 5 - Mac OS X Firemonkey HD App
My Firemonkey applications have no icon when they run in the dock. What is odd is that when I navigate in the finder to the app bundle to /Users/my_user_id/RADPAServer/scratch-dir I see the icon there, and if I open the app bundle, it contains the .icns file, which seems valid. But the Finder itself, in my iMac running OS X 10.8.5 seems to refuse to show the icon in the dock. Running the app bundle normally (not via RADPASERVER) also results in a broken icon. Note that if I make an icon myself, using the OS X app Icon Composer, and put it in there, it seems valid, but (a) the defau...

How do you rate you experience programming for IOS in Delphi/Firemonkey [Edit]
Hello: I've been taking a IOS programming course in objective-c/swift with xcode, and while doing my homework assignments I came to the conclusion that this is a very finicky environment, where very often things don't work as expected or there is always some minor UI glitch that has to be fixed or found workarounds for. Just to give you some examples (by far not an exaustive list): a UITableView doesn't align to the top when you use a navigation controller; upon selecting a row in a UITableView some buttons in the row disappear while the row is selected; specifying layout con...

Firemonkey components
I am rather new to firemonkey and was wondering where to find information on the purposes of certain controls. I am using XE8 update 1, mostly with Android 4.x. Some of the controls look much like other controls so I don't know when to use a particular control v/s when to use another. Is there an article describing the controls and the nuances or advantages of one control of another similar control. I need to know the purpose of a tlayout control, what does it give you when below the form compared to a tpanel. What is the purpose of a toolbar. How does a tstatus work. It seems to...

Does Delphi XE5 firemonkey work on current Samsung tablets? [Edit]
I am being told that Delphi XE5 with firemonkey will not work on the current range of Samsung tablets even if they have Android 4 is that true? If so I will be very disappointed having invested thousands of pounds and a few hundred hours to adopt the technology on the promise I can now deploy to Android mobile devices. When I run even the most simple Hello World app I simply get a black screen on my brand new Samsung tablet. I am told it only works on Android devices with a ARMv7 CPU supporting NEON instruction sets. If this is the case developers need to know that I have been told today by one of the major suppliers in the UK, Vodafone that it does not have any Android tablets in its range that is compatible with Delphi XE5. Can someone confirm this or if your using a new Samsung tablet please tell me if it works! Has anyone bought a 3g/4g tablet from Vodafone this year and deployed a Delphi firemonkey app to it? Edited by: Clive Morgan on Dec 4, 2013 7:21 PM if the tablet does not have the NEON CPU support then it wont work but it will work on samsung devives that do have that (e.g a samsung phone) it is a shame that it wont work on non NEON devices because it seems that even new device are not all having NEON CPU feature > {quote:title=Clive Morgan wrote:}{quote} > I am being told that Delphi XE5 with firemonkey will not work on the current range of Samsung tablets even if they have Android 4 is that true? > > If so I will be very...

Firemonkey 2 component did not appear on IOS device after launching [Edit]
My application is only to test no code, a form with background color with button, label and image. While launching on ios simulator everything work. Launching on an ios device it launch without problem but we see only the colorful form and image an can't see any other component I have put (button, label...). While launching I got no error it launch on the device but I have some warnings which I paste at the end. --[Warning Warning] Local file "iOSDevice\Debug\Project1.rsm" not found. Skipping deployment. Success Thanks for responding Regards Edited by: re...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

Touch Gestures in Firemonkey 3D application Delphi XE3 MacOS [Edit]
Hi! I'm trying to create a MacOS Firemonkey 3D application with gestures enabled but I can't make it work. I can place a GestureManager on the form but there is no Touch property on the TForm3D object. Then I've tried to create a TLayer3D with a normal TPanel where I was able to set the Touch property but the gestures didn't work although it captured any other mouse movements. Then I've created a separate HD TForm with a GestureManager and with the Touch property set which worked as a stand alone form but whe n I've linked a touch enabled TPanel on the HD TForm to t...

Firemonkey app from Delphi XE2 -> Dropbox & iCloud [Edit]
Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2? > {quote:title=laureano bonilla wrote:}{quote} > Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS > > Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2 For iCloud, you will need support for both iOS 5.0 and 10.7 Lion. I don't believe XE2 even supports the classes added with iOS 4.x, much less 5.0, although you can parse the iOS 5.0 UIKit and Foundation headers yourself: http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_5_Parsing_...

Web resources about - how to refresh/repaint/invalidate a component in firemonkey? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore