How to get TGrid cell value [Edit]

How can I get the value of a certain cell on a TGrid component?
XE8
Carlos

Cant get new/edited values from cells when editing a datagrid ...
I'm having some trouble with editing the data in a datagrid.   When i go into edit mode and change to values, they revert to the original ones as soon as the update command is run.  My update command runs a stored proc on a sql server database and i have checked that it is working by giving it fixed strings as the parameters.  It works fine and updates the values as required.   The problem is, when i try to feed in the cell values to the stored proc, it just saves the original values that were in the cells and not the values that i updated.   Why ...

Get cell value when editing gridview?
I am trying to get the value in a cell when I click the edit button on the grid, but it is not getting the value?  There is a value in cell 6 and it it enters the below sub. Sub gvWorkOrdersGridView_RowEditing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridViewEditEventArgs) Dim test As GridView = CType(sender, GridView) Me.txtWorkOrder.Text = Me.gvWorkOrders.Rows(e.NewEditIndex).Cells(6).Text End Sub Hi, weisenbr: I guess that you want to access the cell in the editTemplate. If so you should change the RowState of the Certain GridView before your statement. ...

getting changed values from editable datagrid cell
Hi, I have an editable datagrid. The problem is that I cant get the changed text of the textbox cell of the datagrid and hence I cant update the datagrid row. It always gives me the old values that were there before the textbox cell text was edited. Heres the code private void DataGrid1_UpdateCommand(object source, System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs e) { //string key = DataGrid1.DataKeys[e.Item.ItemIndex].ToString(); string data; string checkmessage; string emailid; string siteid; string modulename; DateTime st...

Get value from gridview cell while in edit mode
Hi, I'm attempting to get a value from a cell in the selected row, but it keeps telling me "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object".  The value I'm trying to get is in a item template. <ItemTemplate> <asp:Label ID="lblRefNo" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("RefNo") %>' Width="50px"></asp:Label> </ItemTemplate> My code behind is as follows:Protected Sub gvMyJobs_RowCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewCommandEventArgs) Handles gvMyJobs.R...

Edit GridViedw and get logical value from cell
HiIn cells(4) i have a logical  field (true or false).How can i get the value, when edit the gridview? Something like  If GridView1.Rows(e.NewEditIndex).Cells(4).Text = ???? ThenEnd If  Mario Lopes GridView1.Rows(e.NewEditIndex).Cells(4).Text.Equals("true") *** If this post helps you, then Mark this post as Answer *** Hi I don't know what i'm doing wrongI always get the value "" for GridView1.Rows(e.NewEditIndex).Cells(3).Text then GridView1.Rows(e.NewEditIndex).Cells(3).Text.Equals("True") doesn' work for me. I don't kn...

Correct way to get value from edited datagrid cell
I keep getting the message "System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid."  when I try to retrieve the values from an edited datagrid for updating.String colvalue =((TextBox)e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[0]).Text;This should work right? Almost sure it should be like this....(TextBox)(e.Item.Cells[1].Controls[0]).Text);Don't have my projects open right now and heading out.....Zath...

trouble getting value of datagrid cell on dg edit
Hi All, I have a sub that binds data to a datagrid. This sub accepts a variable so I can get send the variable to the statement, the datagrid works fine. when I want to edit the datagrid i use the onedit and use this Public Sub DataGrid_Edit(ByVal Source As Object, ByVal E As DataGridCommandEventArgs) datagrid3.EditItemIndex = E.Item.ItemIndex Dim meetname As String = E.Item.Cells(2).Text detailgrid(meetname) datagrid3.ShowFooter = False End Sub I do not get the text in the cell this w...

getting a cell value value from a gridview
When trying to get the value of a gridview cell in a gridview, I am getting the error     Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index. The gridview has the first column as a buttonfield and bound fields to the right of it. When the buttonfield is clicked, the procedure below is called. What am I doing wrong? sub b(sender as object,e as System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewCommandEventArgs)    dim therow as integer=gridview1.selectedindex    dim theval=gridvie...

How to get values of DataGrid Cells in Edit Sub.? (code included)
Hi guys, I'm trying to get the values from DataGrid cells to variables in Edit Sub but Response.Write shows nothing. Can you please help me with this. Sub MyDataGrid_Edit(Sender as object, e as DataGridCommandEventArgs) if len(MyDataGrid.Attributes("SortBy"))>0 then MySQL = MySQL & " ORDER BY " & MyDataGrid.Attributes("SortBy") end if tempzone1 = e.Item.Cells(2).Text tempzone2 = e.Item.Cells(3).Text response.write(tempzone1) response.write(tempzone2) MyDataGrid.EditItemIndex =...

Delphi 5
I am new to web services.I am trying to consume data from a wcf web service which is written in C#.I have successfully consumed the response from the webservice.But When I try to Parse the response string to a DOM Node using TXmlDomParser it is throwing an error saying *Parser Error*.This is happening only when replace the strings lt and gt with < and > characters.Other wise it is parsing but I am unable to get the node values as response is having lt and gt strings instead of < and > *Here is a piece of code* +cReturn := stResponse.DataString //Response is successful from th...

How do I get the value of a cell that represents a boolean value
I have a gridview that includes a boolean value that displays as a checkbox.  I need to know whether this is true (checked) in my event handler.  Normally I'd write code like this: - Protected Sub gdvGEDQ_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles gdvGEDQ.RowDataBound If e.Row.RowType <> DataControlRowType.DataRow Then Exit Sub[snip] Dim cellHold As System.Web.UI.WebControls.TableCell = e.Row.Cells(5) ' Write code to handle CellHold checked or not, eg IF cellhold.text = "Y" Th...

Getting DBGrid cell value from moused-over cell
Platform: DXE3 Control: TDBGrid Goal: My grid has 4 columns and about a hundred rows. I want to make only certain cells clickable. I have all the fonts/underlines etc working so that the grid appears to have mostly non-clickable cells (no underline, black text), and only a few clickable cells, (hotlight colored font, with underline). I want the cursor to be crHandPoint ONLY on the clickable cells, and crDefault (arrow) on the non-clickable cells. I say "cells" and not "rows" or "columns" because not every cell in a particular colum n will be clickable,...

Getting line number to show during editing, getting values to show during debug, getting MSDN help to know that I have it installed
G'day, Sorry I feel so dumb but these issues just push me over the edge. I've recently had to re-install VS and now none of these features that I once had now don't work.  I obviously have to tweak something but what?  It doesn't seem too obvious (I hope!)Help please!Thanks,Geoff Line numbers - that can found under Tools > Options > Text Editor > (Language) > (somewhere there, there is is a check box for line numbers) When you are in the debug mode of the IDE, go into the Debug > Windows > (whatever windows you need - locals/autos are what you're l...

In Spreadsheet::WriteExcel any logic to get a referance of the cell and write a value to the cell which one referanced
I am try to write a value to the Spreadsheet and the value is writes by the referance which one we got. I am using Spreadsheet write excel. If any one know the logic please suggest me. ...

Web resources about - How to get TGrid cell value [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Edits Quarterly
“Short narratives in film and photography”, by Ian Coyle. Do yourself a favor and view it on a big display in Safari in full-screen mode.

Wikipedia:Obsessive edit-counting disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Obsessive edit-counting disorder ( OECD ) or editcountitis is a serious condition consisting of an unhealthy obsession with the number of edits ...

Articles with edits awaiting review - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As part of a Request for Comment on pending-changes protection , a third phase considered its use in the short term. In accordance with consensus ...

Some Facebook Page Admins See ‘Connect To Instagram’ Option Under ‘Edit Page’ Button
... urging page administrators to link their pages to Instagram , and some page admins are now seeing the option to do just that through the edit ...

Nick Gordon digitally edits late Bobbi Kristina Brown in controversial Christmas card
He may be facing a US$40 million lawsuit for her wrongful death, but that didn't stop Nick Gordon from sharing a controversial Christmas card ...

Kate Middleton to guest-edit the UK section of The Huffington Post
The Duchess of Cambridge will guest-edit the UK section of The Huffington Post to highlight child mental health issues, Kensington Palace says. ...

Obscura Camera 2.0 introduces Photos edit extension and improved photo browser
... its launch on iOS. Obscura 2.0 sees the addition of a couple of notable features and the introduction of a new pricing model. Photos edit extension ...

The fight over a technology that could be used to edit human genes by 2017 just took a big step forward ...
Two teams of scientists that both claim to have invented a powerful gene editing technology are now getting a formal chance to argue their cases. ...

Duchess Kate will guest-edit HuffPo UK for one day, from Kensington Palace
... to center around children’s issues? Well, Kate is going to do more work on that issue. For one day. In February. She’s going to guest-edit The ...

Gallery: The Daily Edit 12.14.15
Charlotte Observer Gallery: The Daily Edit 12.14.15 Charlotte Observer Real Madrid's Karim Benzema, second right, and Cristiano Ronaldo, second ...