How to create a firemonkey windows 32 dll for use with a Vcl-Application?

Hello

i dont find any information howto create a dll with firemonkey Forms?

has anybody some information about these?

Thanks Fritz
0
Friedrich

> i dont find any information howto create a dll with firemonkey Forms?
>
> has anybody some information about these?

What are you having trouble with exactly?
0
Chris
3/7/2012 8:49:03 PM
> {quote:title=Friedrich Westermann wrote:}{quote}
> Hello
>
> i dont find any information howto create a dll with firemonkey Forms?
>
> has anybody some information about these?
>
> Thanks Fritz

Create a FMX application and build your form - test and make sure it works as desired.

This done, start a new DLL project and add the FMX form (by the adding the unit containing the form to the DLL project), you well get a confirmation about adding a framework.  OK this and then build your DLL to display the form, it *should* work from a DLL, I have tested a VCL form in a FMX app in this way and it worked fine (you have to manage memory properly though) so I think a FMX form should work the same way.

The message loops are compatible provided the VCL application is built in a Delphi version not too far back from XE2; don't try to pass the application handles and stuff back and forth, manage the form destroy by sending a WM_Close message to it (you will need to finesse the FMX form handle to a windows handle to do this, but its easy and it does work!) just don't try to pass a class back through the DLL.

You do know that you can mix VCL and FMX forms, right?  Just build them separately in an appropriate test app (as above) and then add the form source to the application - it complains about mixing the frameworks but it does actually work as expected!
0
paul
3/7/2012 9:10:34 PM
Chris Rolliston wrote:
> What are you having trouble with exactly?

It was the initialization of gdi+

now it seems to work

Thanks Fritz
0
Friedrich
3/8/2012 3:02:08 PM
Two interesting links:

Writing a FireMonkey DLL for use with a VCL application.
http://blogs.embarcadero.com/stephenball/2011/10/10/writing-a-firemonkey-dll-for-use-with-a-vcl-application/

ID: 28615, Using a FireMonkey DLL from VCL, FireMonkey or C# Application
http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/28615
0
Paul
3/9/2012 9:44:12 AM
> Writing a FireMonkey DLL for use with a VCL application.

http://blogs.embarcadero.com/stephenball/2011/10/10/writing-a-firemonkey-dll-for-use-with-a-vcl-application/

He doesn't know what he's doing in that post, though it does include the
important point (step 5 - add Winapi.GDIPOBJ to a uses clause in the VCL
application).
0
Chris
3/9/2012 10:15:47 AM
Hello,
can you please suggest me the step by step procedure to create a VCL DLL that will be called from
Fire Monkey  application in c++ builder.

Thanks and Regards

Annapurna

Edited by: annapurna sil on Jun 20, 2012 1:49 AM
0
annapurna

How i call windows application in web application without using dll of windows application
i want to call Windows application in web Application Without using dll of Windows application in ASP.net 2.0  hi!try this: ProcessStartInfo pi = new ProcessStartInfo("app.exe"); pi.CreateNoWindow = true;  Process p = Process.Start(pi); p.WaitForExit(); if (p.ExitCode != 0){//report error } orzeh  code less, think more!...

VCL DLL used in Firemonkey
Hi I have a DLL written in VCL that captures a TBitmap. I need to use that in a Firemonkey application. However, the pointer passed is HBitmap which does not exist in FMX. How can I achieve this? I have access to both the DLL and FMX code so changing to something useable by both it is not a problem. Using Windows 7, Delphi XE5 Thanks > {quote:title=Bennie Coetzer wrote:}{quote} > Hi > I have a DLL written in VCL that captures a TBitmap. I need to use that in a Firemonkey application. However, the pointer passed is HBitmap which does not exist in FMX. How can I achiev...

Communication between a VCL application and a Firemonkey application
I need to set up a way of communication between a VCL application and a FMX application (Have tried windows message, but it seems that this won't work with FMX). Although this communication only will be valid on the windows platform, the FMX application should be able to run on OS X The FMX application is an in-house specialized help system that will be launched by the VCL application with startup and search parameters (The communication is simple - a few parameters is all that's needed). Any suggestions on how to accomplish this, and perhaps some samples? Br Petter I use Re...

Createing 32 bit Delphi dll for Windows 64 OS
Hello, I develop a java application that uses a dll which is being written in delphi. I use a 32-bit jvm on a 64-bit windows 7 OS. When my java code calls the Delphi code, I get "unsetesfied link error". I have checked the dll dependencies and saw that the dll depends on windows dlls, which are located in C:\Windows\System32. The problem is (I think) that the dlls in that folder are 64-bit, and the jvm expects to recieve 32-bit dlls for the 32-bit application. I know that the windows dlls for 32-bit are located in C:\Windows\SysWow64. Does anyone have a solution for how to...

Windows DLL with Firemonkey
I have a working Delphi XE application that uses some Windows C DLL. Is it possible to rewrite this application in Firemonkey using these DLL files and what kind of mobile platform support can I get out of this, if any? Thanks in advance. Andy Andy wrote: > Is it possible to rewrite this application in Firemonkey using these > DLL files Yes. Simply IFDEF any code that uses the DLL so it runs only on Windows, and then continue using the DLL the same way you have been. You will have to find alternative solutions to replace the DLL functionality on non-Windows pl...

creating a dll and using it in other applications
I want to design a Web calendar dll with some functionality using vb.net. How to achieve it? What are the steps involved in it and what is the command for creating it as a dll? How to use it in other applications? I am using visual studio.net 2003. Pls help me with full coding and steps. Hi, create a new project (web control library). In there you delete the default class1 file and add a new class. The new class should inherit from Calendar (import the needed namespaces). Then you're ready to override properties or to use events and in those act to what you want to achieve. Build the ...

Firemonkey
Are there instructions for creating an application icon for my osx app? Previously I used an old Delphi image editing application, but when I use it with firemonkey I got an error on compilation related to ico2ins. > {quote:title=Ernest Zore wrote:}{quote} > Are there instructions for creating an application icon for my osx app? > > Previously I used an old Delphi image editing application, but when I use it with firemonkey I got an error on compilation related to ico2ins. Icons for iOS apps are just PNG files. look at the content created by the dpr2xcode app to see the...

Have you used features from Firemonkey in VCL?
can somebody give a user story? ...

Creating and using DLL in my application
Hi, I tried ti crate and use DLL in my application. When i'm trying to use, i'm getting error: *[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '_bandymas' referenced from C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\MY DOCUMENTS\RAD STUDIO\PROJECTS\TERMINALAS\DEBUG\FORMA.OBJ* This is my simple source: *DLL* #include <vcl.h> #include <windows.h> #pragma hdrstop //--------------------------------------------------------------------------- #pragma argsused int vytas(int a, int b); extern "C" __declspec(dllexport)int bandymas(int a, int b); int WINAPI Dll...

Unable to create a Firemonkey application
Hello, I started with a FireMonkey application with ClientDataSets. The first buttons on a window was no problem. But after adding a TClientDataSet and some edit boxes the application hangs on Lion. So I decided to create a new FireMonkey application from scratch and running it after every change. A window with a few buttons was no problem, added a panel was no problem, changing to an inherited form was no problem, adding labels was no problem. Then I added 2 edit boxes. Delphi exported it to Lion and started running. This application was hanging. I deleted the edit boxes and the file...

Using OpenGL for FireMonkey in Windows
Given that OpenGL is already used for FireMonkey with the Mac & iPhone, and will be for Android, is there something (or someone) working on using OpenGL under Windows too? This would solve the Direct2D requirements issues (unavailable on XP, requires DirectX 10 hardware, etc.), and also simplify writing and maintaining shaders. Just asking to see if anyone already started investigating in that direction, or knows that's something planned for FMX. Eric I've been wondering the same thing. not a solution, but this thread is related http://dev.ixchels.net/forum/...

How to create rich business applications with Firemonkey
For the last 10 years I have created rich business applications with Delphi and Developer Express. As Embarcadero hails Firemonkey as the [next generation business application platform|http://www.embarcadero.com/products/firemonkey] I hoped to use it to create business application that went beyond what I could do with Developer Express. My business users want lots of reports, grids with export to Excel, printing capabilities, grouping, sorting, footers and charts. The more advanced ones rely on built in pivot tables like Excel. All this is relatively easy with a Developer Express VCL subs...

How To Use Windows Messages In FireMonkey Apps?
Dear all delphi and C++ Builder developers. Well... First i want to ask someone to put me out of my misery by helping me to know how to create multitouch appliactions with High Quality user interfaces. i got that idea to use Firemonkey controls with Windows 7 Touch API. You know when you first need to call "RegisterTouchWindow" and give the window handle as a parameter then i found that FMX.Forms.TForm.Handle is not "HWND" type but is a type of "unsigned int". But this problem was fixed by using a function called "FmxHandleToHWND" and i reall...

FireMonkey and the future of native Windows VCL
Hi, forgive me if this is already a topic in another thread. I attended an XE4 seminar today, world premiere apparently, that was held by Pawel Glowacki from Embarcadero. Naturally I have heard and seen all the buzz about FireMonkey but this was the first time I saw it in action and I must say I am impressed, so impressed I am slightly questioning the future of native Windows VCL. I actually asked Pawel about it and he explained that FireMonkey is in it's foundation based on the VCL framework and as such will "continue to live for undefinitely", not said with super -enthusia...

Web resources about - How to create a firemonkey windows 32 dll for use with a Vcl-Application? - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey