Globally change font sizes in firemonkey (at run time)

hello
How do I change the default settings so I can in/decrease the font size of Tlabel/ buttons etc for all buttons in the app
My understanding was to edit the global settings but with code how ? I googled forever
but I could be wrong
firemonkey is another beast from the VCL users
thank you
PW
0
Philippe

> {quote:title=Philippe Watel wrote:}{quote}
> hello
> How do I change the default settings so I can in/decrease the font size of Tlabel/ buttons etc for all buttons in the app
> My understanding was to edit the global settings but with code how ? I googled forever
> but I could be wrong
> firemonkey is another beast from the VCL users
> thank you
> PW

You can change the style at design time. To change at run time you'd need to create a second style with the required setting and switch to it when you want to change the sizes.

--
FireMonkey users guide http://bit.ly/10abRZX
MonkeyStyler FireMonkey style designer http://bit.ly/PzxKyI
> {quote:title=Mike Sutton wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Philippe Watel wrote:}{quote}
> > hello
> > How do I change the default settings so I can in/decrease the font size of Tlabel/ buttons etc for all buttons in the app
> > My understanding was to edit the global settings but with code how ? I googled forever
> > but I could be wrong
> > firemonkey is another beast from the VCL users
> > thank you
> > PW
>
> You can change the style at design time. To change at run time you'd need to create a second style with the required setting and switch to it when you want to change the sizes.

thanks
the problem I want 2 buttons so the user can in/decrease the font sizes  - I cannot have different style for each click that de/increase the font size by 2 for ex
it must be another way ?????

> --
> FireMonkey users guide http://bit.ly/10abRZX
> MonkeyStyler FireMonkey style designer http://bit.ly/PzxKyI
> Embarcadero MVP
0
Philippe
6/10/2014 4:01:15 PM
> {quote:title=Philippe Watel wrote:}{quote}
> the problem I want 2 buttons so the user can in/decrease the font sizes  - I cannot have different style for each click that de/increase the font size by 2 for ex
> it must be another way ?????

In that case you'll need to manually modify the Font.Size and StyledSettings of each and every control to update. You may be able to do this by simply walking through the tree of Children objects on your form to identify any objects of a suitable class.

And I hope you have a way to handle layout/display issues caused by the change.

--
FireMonkey users guide http://bit.ly/10abRZX
Embarcadero MVP
0
Mike

fiGlobally change font sizes in firemonkey (at run time) [Edit]
hello How do I change the default settings so I can in/decrease the font size of Tlabel/ buttons etc for all buttons in the app My understanding was to edit the global settings but with code how ? I googled forever but I could be wrong firemonkey is another beast from the VCL users thank you PW Edited by: Philippe Watel on Jun 7, 2014 3:11 PM Philippe Watel wrote: > googled forever but I could be wrong If you google a bit more, you may even find the firemonkey group. This is for non-technical questions. ...

How to change FireMonkey Grid Font Size
*Hi;* I am gokhan from turkey.Because I newly using Rad studio platform , i completely have not adapted. In fact I have studied Delphi Platform (VCL) for 7 years , so I familiar to VCL platform. I working on a project which is simple. I really tried that *change Font Size , Style (etc) of grid , combobox* , but have not coped with it. Well Is there solution without Style Manager?? *Thanks.* Hello, here u find something about change Font, style... http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12454765/how-to-change-font-size-at-stringgrid-in-fm2 Greetings Matthias > {quote:title=g...

Changing font size of FireMonkey TStringGrid
I have a tStringGrid displayed on sample IOS app using XE4 but cannot find anyway to change the font size which is tiny by default and just about unreadable. Anyone know how this font size, type etc can be set? The tStringGrid control is really unusable unless it can be changed. Thanks > {quote:title=Matthew Shallvey wrote:}{quote} > I have a tStringGrid displayed on sample IOS app using XE4 but cannot find anyway to change the font size which is tiny by default and just about unreadable. Join the queue. My preferred method would be to create a custom style for TTextCell, ...

Is there a way to globally change the font/font size in a project
I'd like to change the default font and/or font size for a project. Is there a way to do it? 8 pt fonts are just too small for lots of people. What forum would be best to pursue this point? Thanks Bob Hi Robert Robert Byers wrote: > I'd like to change the default font and/or font size for a project. Is there > a way to do it? 8 pt fonts are just too small for lots of people. What forum > would be best to pursue this point? The short answer is no, but if you have set the font on your forms or left them to default and NOT set the font on individual con...

Changing Font Sizes Globally
Some web sites have a feature whereby you can click a button on the page, and set all the font sizes larger or small withing the web parts. See www.DotNetNuke.com for an example of this feature (for the record, DNN does not use web parts, but the feature is there). Our web site uses web parts, and we want to implement this feature. There is some discussion over how to accomplish this. I had suggested that we have either have multiple theme files (theme_normal, theme_large) or different CSS classes within the theme (Title_Normal, Title_Large). Some people have suggested iterating through t...

changing font at run time
hello, I need to change the font type and size of reports depending on the user input. I need some suggestions....Now i am trying as follows. i am using datawindowobject.modify("objectname.font.height=xx") this is working.. to get all available objects in a datawindow ... Using describe(datawindow.objects) i got all objects in a string.. Is there any way to get the number of objects and get the name one by one ..(so that i can put in a loop and change it) any other suggestions also welcome thanks bal A function we had since 3.0. Just import it. (...

How to change the font in menus at run time?
Hi, How to change the popup or MDI menu item's font at run time in PB, So that the multilanguage feature can be achieved. TIA AFAIK, it can't be done solely within your app. There's a registry setting for it, but it uses a long binary value to specify the font and size. And changing that value will affect EVERY menu on your system. Plus, you have to find a way to get Windows to refresh the display before the change will take effect. If you really want to go through all of that, let me know and I'll find the registry key for you. "Ewak" <...

How to change the font in menus at run time?
Hi, How to change the popup or MDI menu item's font at run time in PB, So that the multilanguage feature can be achieved. TIA Sorry for wrong posting ...

How to change the size of the drop down at run time
Hi  I've placed several drop down lists in the Item Template of Grid View. I've been able to populate info into those drop down, however i had to restrict the size due to many controls in a single grid view. I need to do the following: 1) when the mouse is placed over an item in the drop down, the text has to be displayed as a Tool tip 2) otherwise i want to know how to increase the size of the drop down on the basis of the longest item in the lists. Thanks in advance.  Regards Nishant I don't think there's any elegant way to do this. The first thi...

FireMonkey
For years I’ve used a few lines of code to maintain a history list at the bottom of the File menu of the last few files opened. I’m converting a Delphi program to FireMonkey and I’m discovering that the File menu’s InsertObject method causes a “List index out of bounds” error. This is the line: mnuFile.InsertObject(Idx1,Item); Idx1 is 5 and there are 7 items in the File menu, so it wouldn’t seem the Idx1 variable is out of bounds. If I change the Idx1 value to 1 I don’t get the error, but neither does the newly created menu item show up on the File menu. Experimenting, I tried u...

can you change imagebutton size during run time?
i"m trying to change the imagebutton size according to the image size, using this code dim standing as unit dim laying as unit standing.pixel (80) laying.pixel (20) if imagestate = "stand" then imagebutton1.height = standing else imagebutton1.height = laying end if and i"m geting a very starge resaults (like very big images, or not in the place and so) it is doesn't happened when i change the size in desigh mode! Try changing the code for the units to:Dim standing As New Unit("80px") Dim laying As New Unit("20px&quo...

How to change the tool tip font at run time?
Hi, I want to change the tooltip's font at run time based on the user login and display the tooltip text from the tag property. ie., When a user logged in, the tool tip text will be read from .ini file (Seperate .ini file will be maintained for each language.) based on the user's language and set the tool tip text in the tag property which is displayed as tool tip text. I used the API Calls to display the tool tip. But how to change the tooltip font at run time. TIA The font is stored in the registry as some magical binary value. You'll have to use API c...

Problem with DataWindow Size Change at Run-Time
I've noticed that the size of DataWindows is larger at run-time than at design time. At design time, I align several DataWindows together nicely in a form, but when I run my application with the form, all DataWindows grow in size and they don't fit in the form anymore. Any ideas? I'm using Optima++ 1.5. Ying Xie ...

Web resources about - Globally change font sizes in firemonkey (at run time) - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore