Firemonkey - XE 5 - Mac OS X Firemonkey HD App - No icon in the dock. [Edit]

My Firemonkey applications have no icon when they run in the dock.  What is odd is that when I navigate in the finder to the app bundle to /Users/my_user_id/RADPAServer/scratch-dir  I see the icon there, and if I open the app bundle, it contains
the .icns file, which seems valid. But the Finder itself, in my iMac running OS X 10.8.5 seems to refuse to show the icon in the dock.

Running the app bundle normally (not via RADPASERVER) also results in a broken icon.

Note that if I make an icon myself, using the OS X app Icon Composer, and put it in there, it seems valid, but

(a) the default icon never shows up in the app, and

(b) even when I change the default icon in the IDE, it doesn't change in the resulting app bundle.  I can load my own .icns icon but it doesn't get stored into the bundle.

Anyone else see completely broken Icon behaviour in OS X Firemonkey HD with XE5?

screenshot:  http://imgur.com/79pThTy

Warren

Edited by: Warren Postma on Oct 9, 2013 7:12 PM
0
Warren

you are correct

this was working OK in XE4

I had not really noticed the problem...

is there a QC for this?
0
Brian
10/10/2013 6:07:04 AM
actually to add to this

the application run from the folder created and deployed via paserver does not show the icon...

but having the exe file copied into the previous application bundle , works OK
0
Brian
10/10/2013 8:39:20 AM
> Anyone else see completely broken Icon behaviour in OS X Firemonkey HD with XE5?

Yes.
0
Chris
10/10/2013 8:57:33 AM
>Anyone else see completely broken Icon behaviour in OS X Firemonkey HD with XE5?

You mean with the default Delphi icns? Now that you mention it, yes.

Opening that default icns file on the Mac with Preview shows corrupted icons in it.

But if you make your own icns file, with Img2icns for instance, the icon file works ok for the Project icns.

Edit: as a workaround, the default delphi icns file is "delphi_PROJECTICNS.icns" in the  installation /bin/ folder. If you can fix it and replace it then the default icns will work.

Edited by: Douglas Rudd on Oct 11, 2013 1:29 PM
0
Douglas