Firemonkey livebindings with IOS

Can I use live bindings with an IOS application?

  I tried but when I compile it on Xcode I got "Fatal: Can't find unit Fmx ".

  Livebings components are greyed out when I start a new IOS application.
0
Jose

> Can I use live bindings with an IOS application?

No, because they rely on the D2010+ extended RTTI that FPC doesn't support.
0
Chris
6/4/2012 2:55:51 PM
> {quote:title=Chris Rolliston wrote:}{quote}
> > Can I use live bindings with an IOS application?
>
> No, because they rely on the D2010+ extended RTTI that FPC doesn't support.

Thank you.
0
Jose
6/4/2012 4:44:07 PM
> No, because they rely on the D2010+ extended RTTI that FPC doesn't
> support.

I am still just playing with FM. Is this the same for Mac desktops too?

What do you use database connectivity in iOS?

Thks
Godfrey
0
Godfrey

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Delphi XE4 - Firemonkey
I have an application that runs fine on windows, however when running on iOS simulator the onKeyUp event for a TEdit control is not being fired? Please advise if this event should get fired when running on iOS? This problem occurs onKeyUp events created directly on the control and by assigning the event programatically. Running XE4 update 1 iPhoneOS6.1.sdk Minimac: OS X 10.9 XCode 5 iOS Simulator Version 7.0 - iPad Retina / iOS 7.0.3(11B508) ...

Delphi, Firemonkey, IOS, and TCP howto?
I was really excited about the new ability to compile IOS apps written in Delphi, but I'm starting to find some major limitations, unless I'm really overlooking something. I want to write an iphone/pad app that needs to retrieve data from a socket connection, or from a webpage (http, webservice, anything). It seems that all of the Firemonkey internet and indy components are not supported within xcode. Am I overlooking something here, or is this a feature that will not be implemented, or is it planned to be implemented? If this kind of communication is not supported, this is a hu...

How do you rate you experience programming for IOS in Delphi/Firemonkey [Edit]
Hello: I've been taking a IOS programming course in objective-c/swift with xcode, and while doing my homework assignments I came to the conclusion that this is a very finicky environment, where very often things don't work as expected or there is always some minor UI glitch that has to be fixed or found workarounds for. Just to give you some examples (by far not an exaustive list): a UITableView doesn't align to the top when you use a navigation controller; upon selecting a row in a UITableView some buttons in the row disappear while the row is selected; specifying layout con...

Implementing a sip client on delphi xe4 firemonkey for iOS
:-) I need to develop a voice and video SIPclient for iOS using XE4 Firemonkey. What the best way to do this? It´s SIP supported by Firemonkey? Are there any APIs? Regards Gustavo wrote: > I need to develop a voice and video SIPclient for iOS using > XE4 Firemonkey. What the best way to do this? Good luck. SIP is not a trivial protocol to implement manually. You are best off finding a pre-made SIP library to do the work for you. > It´s SIP supported by Firemonkey? I seriously doubt it. > Are there any APIs? SIP is an application-layer proto...

Delphi iOS 7 firemonkey xe5 VideoZoomFactor unimplemented
Hi, I want to use the new IOS 7 AVCaptureDevice feature VideoZoomFactor in Delphi XE5 but the feature hasn't been implemented. Is there a good way to use features that haven't yet been added to base objects in delphi? Are those header files, like IOSapi.AVFoundation.pas machine generated? I modified the files FX.Media.IOS, iOSap.AVFoundation and FMX.Media to add the missing feature i wanted and recompiled. That worked for this feature, but I would like to find a better way. is there a timetable to releasing the iOS 7 features in firemonkey? I was kind of surprised to find i...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. ...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.1! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support including Android and iOS)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.1! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.1! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support including Android and iOS)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.1! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

RAD Studio XE2 a new era for Delphi and C++Builder Developers: 64-bit, Mac OS/X, LiveBinding, Cloud API, FireMonkey
More details emerged about XE2 & FireMonkey http://www.dzone.com/links/rad_studio_xe2_a_new_era_for_delphi_and_cbuilder.html This release represents a new era for Delphi and C++Builder developers, there are lot of new stuffs on this release and we will show all of them during the RAD Studio XE Tour, in the mean time I would like to highlight some of them: - New Delphi for 64-bit Windows and full VCL/RTL support - dbExpress ODBC driver - Full monitoring and controlling of DataSnap connections - LiveBinding, the new mechanism for binding any type of data - Cloud API support...

Web resources about - Firemonkey livebindings with IOS - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Software Development & New Media Technologies
Devia - Software Development & New Media Technologies Software Development & New Media Technologies news about contact News Delphi XE5 - First ...

FireMonkey Q&A
Questions and answers from a FireMonkey webinar

Te Waka o Delphi · Poll Archives
Keeping Delphi afloat in Aotearoa