Firemonkey - How to handle Connection Reset By Peer?

Hi,

I've made a Firemonkey application in RAD Studio XE5, it's a Client-Server
application (Datasnap).
In Delphi it's possible to handle 'Connection reset by peer', using a
TApplicationEvents for VCL.
Is there a way to do the same for Firemonkey?

TIA,
An
0
vzw

vzw wrote:

> In Delphi it's possible to handle 'Connection reset by peer',
> using a TApplicationEvents for VCL.

That is the socket error message, not a window message.  Onless you are referring
to the OnException event, which is only triggered for uncaught exceptions.

> Is there a way to do the same for Firemonkey?

Not that I am aware of.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Firemonkey Datasnap client connection reset by peer or socket error
I am using RAD Studio XE5 and C++ Builder. I have a Firemonkey application that is running on a poor network. It looses connection with the server at random, and I need to detect when that is happening. I would like to be able to trap the errors for Socket errors and the try to reconnect if I can. The issue is that there was a TApplicationEvents for VCL that could do that. I see nothing like that for Firmonkey. How can I trap or detect a disconnect for the client application in Firmonkey. Thanks, ...

Handling Indy10 exceptions
Hi there everyone, I am using Indy10 TCP Server/Client and I'm thinking of a way to handle an exception of type socket error #10054 - connection reset by peer. This sort of error can happen accidentally for example if the client computer experiences a sudden power failure or the client program is "killed" in the Task Manager. Server side, I have a listview that shows all connected clients. So whenever a socket error #10054 happens, the server MUST remove the client from the listview and return the client's database connection to a connection pool. That is what I've ...

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

Delphi XE HTTP: error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer" [Edit]
Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other properties to set up apart from LifeCycle? Hi Irina, > Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. > > Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other proper...

Is Firemonkeys connected to EMBT?
I was compiling a list of 3D game tutorials for Delphi and ran across the site below named Firemonkeys. I did not see any mention of Embarcadero. Is this company using Delphi and Firemonkey? Are the connected to EMBT? Firemonkeys http://www.firemonkeys.com.au/ EA Games and Firemonkey Bringing Real Racing 3 to Android, Fasten your Seat Belts http://www.droid-life.com/2012/08/03/ea-games-and-firemonkey-bringing-real-racing-3-to-android-fasten-your-seat-belts/ No. "The Firemonkeys are an EA owned video game developer. In 2011 the Firemint and IronMonkey teams joined f...

Connection reset by peer
<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html> I keep getting "Connect reset by peer" messages from Jaguar upon method return.&nbsp; I'm accessing component methods via JAWS and HTTP that return HTML strings.&nbsp; I write debugging messages to the srv.log that report on the progress of the method.&nbsp; The method seems to be exiting as is should.&nbsp; I write a log message just before the return.&nbsp; Any ideas what might be causing these errors?&nbsp; The messages just started to appear...&nbsp;...

Connection reset by peer
Jaguar 4.2.2 (build 42211) XP Hi ! I=b4ve a connection cache over Oracle 9i native driver. The database Oracle is in Unix. When I try to do a ping I recieve this message error "java.net.sockectexception: connection reset by peer" and the Jaguar server finish with this message in the error.log "A Fatal NT Exception [EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION(0xc0000005)] was received while executing the method 'pingByUser' of the component 'Jaguar/CMPing'." But if I change the native driver by ODBC it=b4s work perfectly. =bf some idea ? ...

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Connection reset by peer....
I frequently get a "connection reset by peer" message when connected to the grc groups. It seems to happen after some idle time. Is there some type of time limit that only allows us to be connected for a certain length of time? -- OverSoul Imagination is more important than Knowledge. --Albert Einstein-- OverSoul ... > I frequently get a "connection reset by peer" message when > connected to the grc groups. It seems to happen after some > idle time. Is there some type of time limit that only allows > us to be c...

Connection reset by peer,
Hi I have a Delphi XE2 Datasnap webbroker ISAPI (IIS 7.5) I get Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer constantly just after living the client idle for a couple of minutes. This is not a firewall problem. It's the Datasnap server that closes the connection. What could cuase this problem? regards Mikael ...

Connection reset by peer
Hello, I changed from an ADSL provider to a Fiber provider. Now I get everytime the exception "Connection reset by peer" when closing the idFTP1 connection: idFTP1.Disconnect (Indy 10) I also tried idFTP1.DisconnectNotifyPeer and idFTP1.Quit, but the exception is still raised. How can I solve this problem ? Thanks, Hubert Anemaat > {quote:title=Hubert Anemaat wrote:}{quote} > Hello, > > I changed from an ADSL provider to a Fiber provider. Now I get everytime the exception "Connection reset by peer" when closing the *idFTP1* connection Is it...

Connect reset by peer
I'm doing a migration from SQL Server 10, Open Client 10.0.1 to Server 11.0.3, Open Client 10.0.4 on Solaris 2.4. I've got a C application using CT-Lib functions which was running alright before, but it is quite frequently killed with a message "System error (131) connection reset by peer" after migration. I know that it is a unix system error but I suspect that it was caused by Sybase. Is there any configuration (server config, memory, etc) that possibly cause this error? Any idea would be welcome. ...

Web resources about - Firemonkey - How to handle Connection Reset By Peer? - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore