Firemonkey Exe size [Edit]

I stand corrected. Only Debug version is large, release is around 3 - 3.5 MB.

Edited by: Slobodan Dmitrovic on Sep 2, 2011 7:30 PM
0
Slobodan

Slobodan Dmitrovic wrote:

> Embarrassingly  large. Great concept however.  Why not just dig into
> raw OpenGL and DirectX? I seriously doubt someone will purchase a
> 15mb exe app.

Is that the release or debug version?
0
Jeremy
9/3/2011 2:24:36 AM
> {quote:title=Jeremy North wrote:}{quote}
> Slobodan Dmitrovic wrote:
>
> > Embarrassingly  large. Great concept however.  Why not just dig into
> > raw OpenGL and DirectX? I seriously doubt someone will purchase a
> > 15mb exe app.
>
> Is that the release or debug version?
I stand corrected. Debug only.
0
Slobodan

Firemonkey - XE 5 - Mac OS X Firemonkey HD App
My Firemonkey applications have no icon when they run in the dock. What is odd is that when I navigate in the finder to the app bundle to /Users/my_user_id/RADPAServer/scratch-dir I see the icon there, and if I open the app bundle, it contains the .icns file, which seems valid. But the Finder itself, in my iMac running OS X 10.8.5 seems to refuse to show the icon in the dock. Running the app bundle normally (not via RADPASERVER) also results in a broken icon. Note that if I make an icon myself, using the OS X app Icon Composer, and put it in there, it seems valid, but (a) the defau...

Delphi / FireMonkey release components created at runtime [Edit]
Hello, XE6, Win7 Am I right I thinking that if I create a component, such as TImage, at runtime, Delphi automatically releases the memory when the program closes. I declared this: im: TImage; as a TForm variable. Put this in .FormCreate: ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown := DebugHook <> 0; This picks up things like TStrokeBrush when I don't run .Free; I then put this in: procedure TFrmScales.Button4Click(Sender: TObject); begin im := TImage.Create(self); im.Bitmap.Assign(I_note.Bitmap); // I_note is a TImage that I put there at design-time im.Pa...

How do you rate you experience programming for IOS in Delphi/Firemonkey [Edit]
Hello: I've been taking a IOS programming course in objective-c/swift with xcode, and while doing my homework assignments I came to the conclusion that this is a very finicky environment, where very often things don't work as expected or there is always some minor UI glitch that has to be fixed or found workarounds for. Just to give you some examples (by far not an exaustive list): a UITableView doesn't align to the top when you use a navigation controller; upon selecting a row in a UITableView some buttons in the row disappear while the row is selected; specifying layout con...

fiGlobally change font sizes in firemonkey (at run time) [Edit]
hello How do I change the default settings so I can in/decrease the font size of Tlabel/ buttons etc for all buttons in the app My understanding was to edit the global settings but with code how ? I googled forever but I could be wrong firemonkey is another beast from the VCL users thank you PW Edited by: Philippe Watel on Jun 7, 2014 3:11 PM Philippe Watel wrote: > googled forever but I could be wrong If you google a bit more, you may even find the firemonkey group. This is for non-technical questions. ...

Does Delphi XE5 firemonkey work on current Samsung tablets? [Edit]
I am being told that Delphi XE5 with firemonkey will not work on the current range of Samsung tablets even if they have Android 4 is that true? If so I will be very disappointed having invested thousands of pounds and a few hundred hours to adopt the technology on the promise I can now deploy to Android mobile devices. When I run even the most simple Hello World app I simply get a black screen on my brand new Samsung tablet. I am told it only works on Android devices with a ARMv7 CPU supporting NEON instruction sets. If this is the case developers need to know that I have been told today ...

Touch Gestures in Firemonkey 3D application Delphi XE3 MacOS [Edit]
Hi! I'm trying to create a MacOS Firemonkey 3D application with gestures enabled but I can't make it work. I can place a GestureManager on the form but there is no Touch property on the TForm3D object. Then I've tried to create a TLayer3D with a normal TPanel where I was able to set the Touch property but the gestures didn't work although it captured any other mouse movements. Then I've created a separate HD TForm with a GestureManager and with the Touch property set which worked as a stand alone form but whe n I've linked a touch enabled TPanel on the HD TForm to t...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

How to show custom cursor on transparent firemonkey form Delphi XE3 [Edit]
HI. In my application I need to show a semi-transparent form with specific cursor. A simple example: procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin Fill.Kind := TBrushKind.bkSolid; Fill.Color := $50000000; Top := 0; Left := 0; Width := 600; Height := 600; Transparency := true; Cursor := crSQLWait; end; but cursor is changed only when I start mouse moving. I don't know how to fix it:( Edited by: Sam Rob on Apr 8, 2013 1:31 AM decision: I add to onActivate: Cursor := crSQLWait; Application.ProcessMessages; ...

Firemonkey app from Delphi XE2 -> Dropbox & iCloud [Edit]
Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2? > {quote:title=laureano bonilla wrote:}{quote} > Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS > > Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2 For iCloud, you will need support for both iOS 5.0 and 10.7 Lion. I don't believe XE2 even supports the classes added with iOS 4.x, much less 5.0, although you can parse the iOS 5.0 UIKit and Foundation headers yourself: http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_5_Parsing_...

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

New video of camera surveillance app made with Delphi XE5 and FireMonkey [Edit]
Hello guys I know that most of you have already seen the video from our mobile camera surveillance system, but today I uploaded a new video showing the final version, which has a much better interface than the previous version, along with some nice features that you all will like to see. I would recommend the PTZ and Virtual Matrix sections which shows some nice GUI controls made with Firemonkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lQGA8-sO9w The app is also available for download for Android, instructions are available on the video description > {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha w...

ANN: FireDataGrid 1.0 beta 3 for Delphi XE6 (Firemonkey) has been released! [Edit]
Dear colleagues, we are pleased to announce that version FireDataGrid 1.0 beta 3 for Delphi XE6 (Firemonkey) has been released. Version is quite stable and can be considered as a release candidate. This demo version adds two examples. MultiSelectDemo - demonstrates the ability to work in several selection modes (single row, multiple rows, single cell many cells, selection with rubber band and etc.). CustomEditorDemo - demonstrates the ability to embed custom cell editor to the grid view. In the example are being reviewed two options of the editors, based on embedded TControl and direct int...

Web resources about - Firemonkey Exe size [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore