Firemonkey components on VCL Form

Hello Everyone,

I am new to Firemonkey Framework and I have been playing with it for a few days, and I have a question.

Is it possible to use Firemonkey components in VCL forms or vice versa ?

Thank you.
0
Shahriar

Shahriar wrote:

> Is it possible to use Firemonkey components in VCL forms or vice versa?

Mixing VCL and FireMonkey together in the same app is not officially supported,
but it is technically doable with a little effort.  There have been several
blogs posted online that explain how to do it, search around.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Embed VCL Form on Firemonkey Form
Hello: Firemonkey allows me to solve the scaling issue that my customers have been demanding but presents the following challenges: 1) missing richedit, 2) inadequate anti-aliasing in TImage and 3) missing Webbrowser. All my customers are strictly Windows users so cross platform is not a concern. And because I have no choice, I am not concerned that mixing VCL and Firemonkey is not recommended or supported. I intend to use VCL components to provide the missing capabilities and have identified two reasonable approaches. 1) I could create an application that displays VCL forms where...

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Delphi firemonkey form and keyboard Previous/Next
If I have a web a webform (html) with many fields the Iphone and Ipad keyboard show Previous/Next field. Is there a way to get this functionality with Delphi and a FM form ? B ...

No visualisation of components after drag in drop on the Firemonkey Form
Hi, I try Firemonkey....and ... Working on windows delphi xe2 update 4, I drag and drop Standard button, chekbox etc.. on the Firemonkey Form (white). I can see on the left (structure) the Form tree with all the new components, but I cannot see component in the Form. The Form have color white. I change the color on property but nothing appears on the Form.... Have you some ideas how can I manage to show components in the Form ? Regards, Marc To undestand what happens ... If you try with Firemonkey HD project, you can see components on the Form. On Firemonkey 3D project,...

VCL Firemonkey Component name conflict [Edit]
I am writing VCL and Firemonkey versions of a component and want to use the same component name on both frameworks. XE6 Update 1 I install one framework package but when I install the second package I get an error that TMyComponent is already registered with the first package however when I restart the IDE both the VCL and Fm packages are checked as installed in the list of packages. I create either a new VCL Forms application or a new Fm Desktop application and the correct version of TMyComponent can be added to it from the Tool Pallette. I then "Close all" and create a new ...

Moving project from VCL Forms to Firemonkey application
Hello, How can I move fast from a VCL Forms app project to a Firemonkey app project ? Is there a conversion tool available ? I tried to copy the components from a VCL form to a Firemonkey form, but the copy action was stopped at the first component with the message that Hint does not exist. I hoped that the missing properties would have been ignored. Thanks, Hubert Hi, Look for "MonkeyGroomer" or "Midaconverter". Note that most of the 3th party components will not work in Firemonkey only if you have used pure VCL components in your application. Gre...

Delphi / FireMonkey release components created at runtime [Edit]
Hello, XE6, Win7 Am I right I thinking that if I create a component, such as TImage, at runtime, Delphi automatically releases the memory when the program closes. I declared this: im: TImage; as a TForm variable. Put this in .FormCreate: ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown := DebugHook <> 0; This picks up things like TStrokeBrush when I don't run .Free; I then put this in: procedure TFrmScales.Button4Click(Sender: TObject); begin im := TImage.Create(self); im.Bitmap.Assign(I_note.Bitmap); // I_note is a TImage that I put there at design-time im.Pa...

Delphi XE2 FireMonkey Form flashes/ blinks
Hi, I am new in XE2 FMX, I just purchased Delphi XE2. When I run Form with button/ switch etc in FireMonkey during "OnMouse Enter" the Form is blinking from default grey to black. I tried to change the styles but it didn't help. Only when I make in Form transparency=true it is not blinking during running mouse over the button. In VCL all is fine. Can anyone point me what am I doing wrong in FMX ? regards, Magda > {quote:title=Magdalena Banasiak wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I am new in XE2 FMX, > > I just purchased Delphi XE2. > ...

Any code examples of VCL vs. FireMonkey for same basic form?
I keep reading where they're different, but all I've seen is some trivial apps running. I'm really curious to know what the difference is in terms of coding between the two frameworks. Are there any examples posted anywhere yet that illustrate programming differences? David Schwartz wrote: > I keep reading where they're different, but all I've seen is some > trivial apps running. > > I'm really curious to know what the difference is in terms of coding > between the two frameworks. > > Are there any examples posted anywhere yet tha...

Firemonkey components
I am rather new to firemonkey and was wondering where to find information on the purposes of certain controls. I am using XE8 update 1, mostly with Android 4.x. Some of the controls look much like other controls so I don't know when to use a particular control v/s when to use another. Is there an article describing the controls and the nuances or advantages of one control of another similar control. I need to know the purpose of a tlayout control, what does it give you when below the form compared to a tpanel. What is the purpose of a toolbar. How does a tstatus work. It seems to...

Error opening existing firemonkey form in new Delphi XE7
I tried to open in Delphi XE7 Trial Version an existing mobile firemonkey form created in Delphi XE6 and get the following error message: "Error creating form: Cannot create Direct3D device for 'TCustomCanvasD2D'.." What's means? The form open with no errors in Delphi XE6. Thank in advance, Gustavo ...

Delphi XE4 incredibly slow to render form when debugging a FireMonkey app
I have just started using Delphi XE4 having previously been using XE3. I am having a problem when running any FireMonkey application, even something as simple as a form with a label. Once the compiler has finished it takes around 20 seconds before the form is displayed. If I run the application from the EXE the delay is gone. I've tried compiling without debugging info and the problem persists. Can anyone recommend a course of action to find a solution to this? Kind regards Tristan ...