Firemonkey app from Delphi XE2 -> Dropbox & iCloud [Edit]

Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS

Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2?
0
laureano

> {quote:title=laureano bonilla wrote:}{quote}
> Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS
>
> Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2

For iCloud, you will need support for both iOS 5.0 and 10.7 Lion. I don't believe XE2 even supports the classes added with iOS 4.x, much less 5.0, although you can parse the iOS 5.0 UIKit and Foundation headers yourself:

http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_5_Parsing_Status.html

Apple's docs start here:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#releasenotes/General/WhatsNewIniPhoneOS/Articles/iOS5.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP30915195-SW1

Key-value storage in the cloud is straightforward - for example, you can store app preferences in the cloud as well as local. That way regardless of where the user starts your app (iPhone, iPad, Mac), the state of the app when it was used last (anywhere) is restored. If the user is not connected to the Internet, then you use the locally stored preferences instead.

Document storage in the cloud is more complicated. Typically you might start with something like an NSDocument subclass (OS X) or UIDocument subclass (iOS) since objects of these classes know how to synchronize their content with the cloud. In general you would not use a database with iCloud since that would result in the entire database being synced every time a change to it is detected. Instead you could use Core Data so that only change transactions are synced.

Dropbox is also a possibility. You can work both with files as well as the Dropbox API. This article covers how to move files around in iOS via Dropbox. There's a link at the end to the Dropbox API documentation.

http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/ObjP_Part5.html

Dropbox also cautions against syncing databases, since this would be triggered with any change.

Thanks.

-Phil
0
Phil
2/3/2012 10:30:58 PM
Thanks, I'll be working on this and let you know how it works.
0
laureano

XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store
My app is finally in the App Store. My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here. Xavier Dufaure de Citres ----- _*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_ XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC. You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands. In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independen...

Delphi XE2 & FireMonkey 2011 results and 2012 plans
Delphi XE2 & FireMonkey 2011 results and 2012 plans http://blogs.embarcadero.com/vsevolodleonov/2011/12/31/new2012/ (rus) http://bit.ly/yiwsLr (en) -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ "Ciprian Popa" <no-spam@no-spam.com> wrote in message > > http://blogs.embarcadero.com/vsevolodleonov/2011/12/31/new2012/ (rus) > http://bit.ly/yiwsLr (en) > I wouldn't quite call that english. :) >> I wouldn't quite call that english. :) >Have such a plan would be about a book like Bob Svorta, but in the...

New video of camera surveillance app made with Delphi XE5 and FireMonkey [Edit]
Hello guys I know that most of you have already seen the video from our mobile camera surveillance system, but today I uploaded a new video showing the final version, which has a much better interface than the previous version, along with some nice features that you all will like to see. I would recommend the PTZ and Virtual Matrix sections which shows some nice GUI controls made with Firemonkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lQGA8-sO9w The app is also available for download for Android, instructions are available on the video description > {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha w...

Delphi XE2, OSX and FireMonkey?
1. Does anyone know if developing with FireMonkey will be the only way to develop for OSX with XE2? 2. Does anyone know if you will need to compile on a Mac for OSX, or will XE2 cross compile? I know this will all come out during the world tour, but I'm just trying to get some idea so I can start planning. 1. Yes, I think for now it will be the only way. But you can probably build a native UI for OSX by directly using the API, like you can also develop Win32 applications without using the VCL. 2. XE2 will only be available for Windows, but it will compile for other platforms. &l...

Pop-up on Mobile apps (FireMonkey / Delphi )
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a FireMonkey mobile app with Delphi (XE6) and since i'm really new to this i'm in need of a little bit of help. For my App i'd like to build in a subscription screen that would work like a pop-up, showing modal on the same form than the login. I've been looking around a bit on the internet but couldn't find any usefull advice. I found a video ("FireMonkey: Showing Modal form with animation and Shadow effect" from Yaroslav Brovin) thad proved me that it was possible, but was unable to find how. I'm sure it'...

ANN: Delphi XE2 FireMonkey BOOK
September 5, 2012 Coogara Consulting is pleased to announce that our new book is available: "FireMonkey Development for iOS and OS X with Delphi XE2" by Graeme Chandler. It is available printed (comb binding) or in PDF and MOBI (Kindle compatible) formats. Only from: http://shop.coogara.com Regards Graeme Chandler Coogara Consulting http://www.coogara.com.au http://shop.coogara.com http://www.strikingwood.com.au Graeme Chandler wrote: > Coogara Consulting is pleased to announce that our new book is > available: > > "FireMonkey Dev...

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

How to build enterprise-grade Delphi app
Hi It would be nice to build enterprise-grade appl with Delphi, but are the options or third party software (like in J2EE) to do this? e.g. 1) there is J2EE middleware for hosting components - developer is not required to handle all the issues that are connected with session handling and different contexts in which the components can be stored (like application, session, request context, etc.). I understand that some of this can be done in DataSnap or in Web Services (can be even PHP, Java or .NET) and Delphi client - but in both cases there are some drawbacks: - for DataSnap - much shou...

A little bit about FireMonkey and Delphi XE2 @andreanolanusse
A little bit about FireMonkey and Delphi XE2 http://www.andreanolanusse.com/en/a-little-bit-about-firemonkey-and-delphi-xe2/ -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ...

Delphi XE6 & Firemonkey unusable on my laptop
Hi all, I just bought XE6, solely with FireMonkey and tablet development in mind. However, it's practically unusable on my laptop & I wondered if anyone had encountered (& fixed) the solution. It affects compiled apps _and_ the XE6 IDE & design surface too. It's rather hard to explain, but it seems to be a screen refresh issue. I put together some screen cap gifs to show the problem & also some screen grabs to show machine config: http://imgur.com/a/qhVBG I have not had this problem in any other app, and indeed VCL development is fine (although not what ...

Delphi XE2 & Desktop Parallels [Edit]
Does Delphi XE2 work with Desktop Parallels? I went to the XE2 presentation and I forgot to ask. The speaker said it was extensively tested with VMWare Fusion. Thanks > {quote:title=costa basil wrote:}{quote} > Does Delphi XE2 work with Desktop Parallels? I went to the XE2 presentation and I forgot to ask. The speaker said it was extensively tested with VMWare Fusion. > > Thanks I'm using the Trial Version of XE2 in a Parallels Virtual machine and haven't encountered any Problems. Even the debugging of an OSX Application from within the VM works without problem...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

ANN: WPTools 6.20 for Delphi 5 to Delphi XE2 & C++Builder
WPTools V6.20 is available now. If you work with Delphi or C++Builder our WPTools Version 6 is the perfect text wordprocessing component for You. It is a native VCL Component with all the editing features which are common to powerful wordprocessing applications and wordprocessing controls. With the PRO and Premium License you get 100% object pascal source. WPTools can be used as a powerful word processor and to create programmatically controlled text. It has a very versatile mail-merge feature which can be enhanced with the "WPReporter addon" to also work with bands. So it ...

Web resources about - Firemonkey app from Delphi XE2 -> Dropbox & iCloud [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore