FireDAC mobile app error as sqlite as delphi XE7 [Edit] #2

i im trying of connect my app as FireDAC but i have some errors.

I follow all steps of Mobile_Tutotils_en_pdf file for delphi XE7. First i add one FireDAConnection compoent, after i in FireDAConnection Edit i set DriverID as Sqlite, in Database parameter i set this existing sqlite database "shoplist.s3db , and i set lockingmode to normal as this manual tell.

I After i follow steps 1,2,3,4 and in the step 5 of the page 265 when i try of to set Connected property to true, i get this error:

1. [FireDac][Comp][Clnt]-340. Driver ID is not defined. Set TFDConnection.DriverName or Add DriverID  to your Connection definition. How can i to fix this error?

2. I read i need to use FireDac because DBExpress will be discontinued in the next release, is this in delphi xe8?

3. Why is best FIREDAC vs DBExpress? In porcentage of speed how many is more rapid Firedac? and which others improvements have FIredac?

NOTE: i set the same database shoplist.s3db as DBExpress in dataexplorer, and i can to use it without problems,

Regards,

Edited by: oscar mejia on Apr 6, 2015 9:18 PM
0
oscar

> {quote:title=oscar mejia wrote:}{quote}
> i im trying of connect my app as FireDAC but i have some errors.
>
> I follow all steps of Mobile_Tutotils_en_pdf file for delphi XE7. First i add one FireDAConnection compoent, after i in FireDAConnection Edit i set DriverID as Sqlite, in Database parameter i set this existing sqlite database "shoplist.s3db , and i set lockingmode to normal as this manual tell.
>
> I After i follow steps 1,2,3,4 and in the step 5 of the page 265 when i try of to set Connected property to true, i get this error:
>
> 1. [FireDac][Comp][Clnt]-340. Driver ID is not defined. Set TFDConnection.DriverName or Add DriverID  to your Connection definition. How can i to fix this error?
>
> 2. I read i need to use FireDac because DBExpress will be discontinued in the next release, is this in delphi xe8?
>
> 3. Why is best FIREDAC vs DBExpress? In porcentage of speed how many is more rapid Firedac? and which others improvements have FIredac?
>

> NOTE: i set the same database shoplist.s3db as DBExpress in dataexplorer, and i can to use it without problems,
>

> Regards,
>
> Edited by: oscar mejia on Apr 6, 2015 9:18 PM
0
oscar
4/7/2015 4:46:24 AM
I don't set connection's DriverID, but DriverName to 'SQLite' in the Object Inspector.
After DriverName is set, I can set other options by right click the connection & choose 'Connection Editor' in the context menu.

George

> {quote:title=oscar mejia wrote:}{quote}
> i im trying of connect my app as FireDAC but i have some errors.
>
> I follow all steps of Mobile_Tutotils_en_pdf file for delphi XE7. First i add one FireDAConnection compoent, after i in FireDAConnection Edit i set DriverID as Sqlite, in Database parameter i set this existing sqlite database "shoplist.s3db , and i set lockingmode to normal as this manual tell.
>
> I After i follow steps 1,2,3,4 and in the step 5 of the page 265 when i try of to set Connected property to true, i get this error:
>
> 1. [FireDac][Comp][Clnt]-340. Driver ID is not defined. Set TFDConnection.DriverName or Add DriverID  to your Connection definition. How can i to fix this error?
>
> 2. I read i need to use FireDac because DBExpress will be discontinued in the next release, is this in delphi xe8?
>
> 3. Why is best FIREDAC vs DBExpress? In porcentage of speed how many is more rapid Firedac? and which others improvements have FIredac?
>

> NOTE: i set the same database shoplist.s3db as DBExpress in dataexplorer, and i can to use it without problems,
>

> Regards,
>
> Edited by: oscar mejia on Apr 6, 2015 9:18 PM
0
George

FireDAC mobile app error as sqlite as delphi XE7 [Edit]
i im trying of connect my app as FireDAC but i have some errors. I follor all steps of Mobile_Tutotils_en_pdf file for delphi XE7. First i add one FireDAConnection compoent, after i in FireDAConnection Edito i set DriverID as Sqlite, in Database parameter i set this existing sqlite database "shoplist.s3db i create this database and table as other tool, and i can to add this to DBExpres in data exploer and i can to use it in one mobile delphi project", and i set lockingmode to normal as this manual tell. After as tell in page 269 of this manual when i click over test button, i ...

FireDAC mobile app error as sqlite as delphi XE7
i im trying of connect my app as FireDAC but i have some errors. I follor all steps of Mobile_Tutotils_en_pdf file for delphi XE7. First i add one FireDAConnection compoent, after i in FireDAConnection Edito i set DriverID as Sqlite, in Database parameter i set this existing sqlite database "shoplist.s3db i create this database and table as other tool, and i can to add this to DBExpres in data exploer and i can to use it in one mobile delphi project", and i set lockingmode to normal as this manual tell. After as tell in page 269 of this manual when i click over test button, i ...

FireDAC / Delphi XE7 / Firebird 2.5 + Dialect 3: Key fields turn upper case [Edit] #2
Hi, When working wih a SQL dialect 3 database and field names in upper/lower case, I used to reference those fields in double quotes on my old Delphi 2010 with IBX, which worked well enough. After migrating to XE7 with the latest FireDAC, I set IndexFieldNames to "Mmm" including the double quotes. "Mmm" is also my only primary key field. When opening the table, FireDAC executes an SQL statement that ends with {code}ORDER BY A."Mmm" ASC, A.MMM ASC{code} which of course delivers an exception because there is no field MMM. I hope it is ok if I post some singl...

Delphi XE7 : Product or License Validation Error [Edit] #2
Hello, I'am very angry. I was coding on my Delphi XE7 Enterprise registered since 1 month on a Vmware workstation 11 on Windows 7 when IDE suddenly it's exist/close (without save my source) and open a page "Product or License Validation Error " : http://www.embarcadero.com/product-validation-error So I have lost all my modification in my source !!! When I restart Delphi XE7 all it's ok : Registration always ok. Now I would like to know if it is possible to work on a legal/registered Delphi XE7 or time to migrate to Visual Studio ? Now Embarcadero/Delphi i...

Delphi XE7 : Product or License Validation Error [Edit] #2
Hello, I'am very angry. I was coding on my Delphi XE7 Enterprise registered since 1 month on a Vmware workstation 11 on Windows 7 when suddenly it's exist (without save my source) and open a page "Product or License Validation Error " : http://www.embarcadero.com/product-validation-error So I have lost all my modification in my source !!! When I restart Delphi XE7 all it's ok : Registration always ok. Now I would like to know if it is possible to work on a legal/registered Delphi XE7 or time to migrate to Visual Studio ? Now Embarcadero/Delphi it is 2 new...

Delphi XE7 : Product or License Validation Error [Edit] #2
Hello, I'am very angry. I was coding on my Delphi XE7 Enterprise registered since 1 month on a Vmware workstation 11 on Windows 7 when suddenly it's exist (without save my source) and open a page "Product or License Validation Error " : http://www.embarcadero.com/product-validation-error So I have lost all my modification in my source !!! When I restart Delphi XE7 all it's ok : Registration always ok. Now I would like to know if it is possible to work on a legal/registered Delphi XE7 or time to migrate to Visual Studio ? Now Embarcadero/Delphi it is 2 new...

Delphi XE7 : Product or License Validation Error [Edit] #2
Hello, I'am very angry. I was coding on my Delphi XE7 Enterprise registered since 1 month on a Vmware workstation 11 on Windows 7 when IDE suddenly existed/closed (without save my source) and open a page "Product or License Validation Error " : http://www.embarcadero.com/product-validation-error So I have lost all my modification in my source !!! When I restart Delphi XE7 all it's ok : Registration always ok. Now I would like to know if it is possible to work on a legal/registered Delphi XE7 or time to migrate to Visual Studio ? Now Embarcadero/Delphi it is 2...

Caution error in FireDac 8.0.1 to Delphi Xe2 and earlier [Edit] #2
Please note that FireDac 8.0.1 have a bug, Embarcadero refuses to correct an error. In December 2014 I bought FireDac to Delphi XE2, 8.0.1 a few days later it turned out that the program has a bug StrsEmpty2Null not support parameter which makes the component is not useful for me. Although embecedro 8.0.5 patch is available and I bought a legal component, has not made me any corrections. Help addicted from buying Delphi Xe 7.0 Information received from worker embecedro Poland?. Does this attitude is fair. Can someone please help me make a package 8.0.5 or help to improve the error. E...

FireDAC / Delphi XE7 / Firebird 2.5 + Dialect 3: Key fields turn upper case [Edit]
Hi, When working wih a SQL dialect 3 database and field names in upper/lower case, I used to reference those fields in double quotes on my old Delphi 2010 with IBX, which worked well enough. After migrating to XE7 with the latest FireDAC, I set IndexFieldNames to "Mmm" including the double quotes. When opening the table, FireDAC executes an SQL statement that ends with {code}ORDER BY A."Mmm" ASC, A.MMM ASC{code} which of course delivers an exception because there is no field MMM. I hope it is ok if I post some single lines of code here to explain the issue - no copyri...

FireDAC / Delphi XE7 / Firebird 2.5 + Dialect 3: Key fields turn upper case [Edit]
Hi, When working wih a SQL dialect 3 database and field names in upper/lower case, I used to reference those fields in double quotes on my old Delphi 2010 with IBX, which worked well enough. After migrating to XE7 with the latest FireDAC, I set IndexFieldNames to "Mmm" including the double quotes. "Mmm" is also my only primary key field. When opening the table, FireDAC executes an SQL statement that ends with {code}ORDER BY A."Mmm" ASC, A.MMM ASC{code} which of course delivers an exception because there is no field MMM. I hope it is ok if I post some singl...

XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store
My app is finally in the App Store. My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here. Xavier Dufaure de Citres ----- _*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_ XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC. You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands. In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independen...

What advantages have to build one delphi xe7 app vs hybrid app as html5 bu? [Edit]
I need to know which mobile advanced hardware characteristics differences has delphi xe7 vs html5 builder for example. I need this characteristics: TEXT EDITING Text in different directions Changing Color On a picture Copy and paste Change Font delete uppercase lowercase Save phrases Select a saved phrase Bank of personal texts PHOTOS OR IMAGES Pulling photos or images already created cut paste Change in size turn Bank of personal images Drawings predefined Figures Lines or free strokes Change color and thickness Fillings Copy and paste delete Personal bank ...

Delphi Apps in Mobile platforms [Edit]
Delphi XE2 is bundled with iOS support which gives us enough confidence about the future of Delphi. I want to discuss about how they are going to be implemented. I am quite sure Delphi for Android is going to be based on fire-monkey GUI, but what about the byte-code , It will be based on Dalvic or native ARM code. Its quite sure Delphi for Metro (windows 8 )will be released in XE3 . [see the comment by Thom Gerdes|https://plus.google.com/101466385048851863100/posts/26z7Pk9Hipo] What about giving life for Delphi for .net again for mobile platform.(which will reduce the work on...

Pop-up on Mobile apps (FireMonkey / Delphi )
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a FireMonkey mobile app with Delphi (XE6) and since i'm really new to this i'm in need of a little bit of help. For my App i'd like to build in a subscription screen that would work like a pop-up, showing modal on the same form than the login. I've been looking around a bit on the internet but couldn't find any usefull advice. I found a video ("FireMonkey: Showing Modal form with animation and Shadow effect" from Yaroslav Brovin) thad proved me that it was possible, but was unable to find how. I'm sure it'...

Web resources about - FireDAC mobile app error as sqlite as delphi XE7 [Edit] #2 - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

DSP Engineer - Jobs - CFO World - Finance & Technology
CFOworld.com.au covers accounting, risk management, taxation, technology and financial news from ASX-listed companies.

Embarcadero Launches RAD Studio XE7
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables

Embarcadero Webinars

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 (Delphi, C++Builder): is seven the magic number?
Embarcadero has released version 7 of its XE programming suite. The main products included are Delphi and C++ Builder, RAD development tools ...

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 - Dr Dobb's
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables