Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?

Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one?
0
lior

Markus wrote:

> Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to  another one (just forgot the
> name)

The new runtime is called ART.

> and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any
> images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly
> anymore and a few small other issues.

But that was not a problem with the NDK itself.  Just that there was a new
runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work
under Dalvik but not under ART.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Am 04.02.2015 um 20:39 schrieb Remy Lebeau (TeamB):
> Markus wrote:
>
>> Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to  another one (just forgot the
>> name)
>
> The new runtime is called ART.
>
>> and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any
>> images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly
>> anymore and a few small other issues.
>
> But that was not a problem with the NDK itself.  Just that there was a new
> runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work
> under Dalvik but not under ART.

Hello,

since the original question was "Does an android app created with Delphi
XE5, XE6 run on Android 5without modifications?" and the simple answer
is: no, unless you bypass FMX completely, or do not use a splash screen
and any TImages with bitmaps loaded already at desigtime.

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
2/4/2015 1:01:01 AM
the new built is splash screen support in XE7 works on the newer android firmware, so thats good
but if you used a bitmap on a form you showed in XE5/6 then yes you will need to change that to load from file instead (file included in package), sort of thing
0
Brian
2/4/2015 1:01:01 AM
lior wrote:

> Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK
> one?

Typically, yes.  The NDK is generally forward-compatible with newer Android
versions, as long as the underlying hardware supports the CPU instruction
set being targetted.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Am 04.02.2015 um 11:36 schrieb lior ilan:
> Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one?

Hello,

no it won't.
Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to  another one (just forgot the
name) and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any
images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly anymore and
a few small other issues. But that was the main one crashing the app.

For XE7 Update 1 there's a beta update for Android 5.0 available. EMBT
said it will receive an update if neccessary but it won't get included
in the main installer. XE8 will have that update applied from the  start
I guess.

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus

Can I assume the new Nexus 5 will run Delphi Android apps ?
Like a fool I dropped and broke my Galaxy S4, now need to replace it. The Nexus 5 that just came out looks great, and affordable. What I can't tell from any reviews is if it has a ARM and NEON support. Can anyone tell me or point me to a link that answers that ? If I order it I think I need to do it quickly, as the 16G is already sold out. Thanks <John Mitchell> wrote in message news:629970@forums.embarcadero.com... > Like a fool I dropped and broke my Galaxy S4, now need to replace it. The Nexus 5 that just came out looks great, and affordable. What I can't tell f...

Does Delphi XE5 on Android work with the Android emulator? [Edit]
I find that even a hello-world app exactly like the one that David I outlines (add a button, one line of code, set button text) will not run on the Android Emulator configured out of the box. First, after installing the Rad Studio XE5 trial, I followed David I's steps exactly, and the emulator would not even start. Then I clicked Android SDK manager, updated it, and clicked run-without-debugging. It asked me if I wanted to start the emulator this time so I did. Now the Firemonkey app will not start up the emulator, and while it does appear to start debugging, the emulator scree...

Help Delphi xe5 develop Android App
Hello i have problem for develop android app and use emulator the xe5 failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]. how to fix the problem ...

Android Lollipop (5) XE6 apps not running
XE6 latest Android L Hi My previously working test app crashes out during startup on the latest 5.0.1 android. I have read the other posts re loading graphics at runtime but my app doesn't have any? I have a form and a button and a label. About as simple as you can get. Any one got XE6 to create an app for Lollipop? TIA P. an app with no images used compiled with XE7 does work on Android 5 :) > > It happens to me the same. I have apps created with XE5 and do not work on android 5.0.1. > {quote:title=Brian Hamilton wrote:}{quote} > an app with no i...

How to fully close a Delphi-XE5 Android App?
This has been asked before but not fully answered. I want to exit an app for two reasons. 1. on startup if problems with the data files and (I'd also like to know to handle this case on IOS too!) 2. from a back-button press Other answere here and elsewhere got answers of using: SharedActivity.Finish; or MainActivity.Finish; Both appear to close the window but neither exit the application as in debug mode the program does not end in Delphi and the application is still running on the device itself. The apps seem to eventually go away when in that state, but if you tr...

Android Lollipop (5) XE6
Hi, is there a fix for XE6 and Lollipop yet? Basic hello world applications are not running on Lollipop with XE6. Regards, Wesley Wesley Harrison wrote: > Hi, > > is there a fix for XE6 and Lollipop yet? Basic hello world applications are not running on Lollipop with XE6. > > Regards, > Wesley There won't be. CE6 does not support Lollipop and it is highly unusual for them to go back to older versions and add new OS support to them. XE7 supports lollipop. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank Y...

Get the fat out from XE5 Android apps
In the modern mobile OSes (like iOS and Android) the applications are run into a sandbox for more control, security and performance reasons and there are no (easy) ways to separate/use a "runtime" library (in Delphi's case RTL + FireMonkey) to be shared by multiple apps. This problem is common to all mobile x-plat runtimes/wrappers like Adobe AIR (http://www.adobe.com/products/air.html) or Mono (http://www.mono-project.com). In Delphi's case the problem with the increasingly fat apps (statically linking RTL + FireMonkey to the application binary) comes from the non-optimi...

Google Analytics in Android Apps (Delphi XE 5)
Hello, Anybody has integrated Google Analytics API in your Android apps? I cannot find samples or ready FMX components so would be great to get any hints in this direction. JVESoft has a component for XE5 that does it. The component is designed for IOS but it could be converted to Android pretty easy I think. http://www.fmxexpress.com/use-google-analytics-in-your-delphi-firemonkey-ios-apps/ The other option is to use the native Android SDK client this way: http://www.fmxexpress.com/implement-custom-android-sdk-callback-events-with-delphi-xe5-firemonkey-on-android/ ...

is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks.
is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. Have a look in your Android output directory -- Linden "Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source" > {quote:title=Linden ROTH wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > > > Have a look in ...

Delphi XE5 instant trial: Android emulator does not run [Edit]
Installed XE5 instant trial - no problem. The "Android Tools" menu is missing, although It is supposed to be installed by default according to the installation notes. Note: the Instant Trial does not offer any installation options. So I started the SDK manager from the File Browser in the IDE, all the files are there. Installed an Android system image - no problem. Created an emulator - no problem. Tried to start the emulator: PANIC - can not start +devicename+ . Tried all standard devices - same problem. A problem with the "virtualized" paths inside Ap...

Delphi XE5 serious abnormal Debug / Operation Android App
After about 2 weeks of work on a project of an App Android / iOS already published on the App Store and Google Play I found the following errors: 1 - If I compile the project target device debugging the app works perfectly if it is in the foreground all goes well for hours while if I leave in the background debugging ends after a few hours and the compiler returns to stop mode but the app is still running on device. 2 - If I compile the project target device debugging the app works perfectly close the compiler I disconnect the device and I'm going to do anything else with the device...

Delphi XE5 update 2 stops all Android Apps Compiling
Hello Downloaded and installed XE5 Update 2 after un-installing RAD Studio XE5 now none of my Android apps will compile, all of which were compiling before. Get Linkage error message such as:- [DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001) Tried doing build and deleting .o .dcu and .apk files Checked Android SDK installed and the NDK This is a bad situation and any help most appreciated. Clive Morgan wrote: > [DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001) If you create a new application for Android, do you have the same issue? -- Dave Nottage ...

Running a Delphi XE7 Android app on an Intel device using Houdini
To run the FireMonkey app Intel (Atom) version Android terminal - RAD Studio XE7 http://community.embarcadero.com/blogs/entry/intel-atom-android-firemonkey-rad-studio-xe7-1-en -- Remy Lebeau (Indy Team) ...

Web resources about - Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications? - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Behavior Modification (journal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Behavior Modification is abstracted and indexed in Scopus and the Social Sciences Citation Index . According to the Journal Citation Reports ...

Facebook Tests Modifications Of Plugin For Sharing Links
Facebook appears to be testing subtle variations of its plugin for websites to let readers share links on the social network. The test versions ...

Nexus 6 Dual SIM Adapter Modification - YouTube
(see update on T-Mo LTE band 12/Verizon LTE band 13 below!!!) Hi, I put this Dual-SIM adapter demo together for Nexus 6 users...it's pretty easy ...

Female genitalia: mutilation and modification
Female genitalia: mutilation and modification

Eyeball tattoos and body modification: Luna Cobra on his extreme tattoos
WHAT’S the next trend when tattoos are too mainstream?

Curves part of a smooth modification
Architects have managed to marry modern with art deco in this renovation.

CBC News Indepth: Genetic Modification
CBC.ca - Canada's Online Information Source

Plane in Nevada crash had 'radical' modifications
The World War II-era plane that plummeted into an air-race crowd like a missile in Nevada Friday afternoon bore little resemblance to its original ...

Chief Designer discusses J-15 shipborne aircraft's performance modifications
Chief Designer discusses J-15 shipborne aircraft's performance modifications People's Daily Online On November 6th, the 5th media day of AVIC, ...

Body Modification Goes Techno: Biohacker Sews Computer Chip Into His Arm
The ultimate in wearable technology. Tim Cannon a German-based biohacker sews a computer chip into his arm.