Delphi XE7: Error using TFDFBNBackup

Hi there!

I would like to use *TFDFBNBackup* but I don't get it to work. I always get the following error message:

+"Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login."+

This is really surprising because when I try to setup a *TFDConnection* and a *TFDTable* with the same credentials it works perfectly. I double checked that I don't have a typo or something. Is there anything else I have to do in order to get *TFDFBNBackup* working?

Here is my code:

{code}
  try
    FDPhysFBDriverLink1.VendorLib := 'C:\Firebird\fbclient.dll';
    with FDFBNBackup1 do
    begin
      DriverLink       := FDPhysFBDriverLink1;
      UserName         := 'SYSDBA';
      Password         := lPassword;
      Database         := 'D:\Databases\DB1.FDB';
      Host             := 'localhost';
      Protocol         := ipTCPIP;
      BackupFile       := 'backup.fbk';
      Level            := 0;
    end;
    FDFBNBackup1.Backup;
  except on E: Exception do
    MessageDlg(E.Message, mtError, [mbOK], 0);

  end;
{code}

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Dirk.
0
Dirk

Error opening existing firemonkey form in new Delphi XE7
I tried to open in Delphi XE7 Trial Version an existing mobile firemonkey form created in Delphi XE6 and get the following error message: "Error creating form: Cannot create Direct3D device for 'TCustomCanvasD2D'.." What's means? The form open with no errors in Delphi XE6. Thank in advance, Gustavo ...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Error on Delphi 6 but not on Delphi Xe for Ftp
I am Experimenting with get a file from our webside server via Ftp. I have 2 Machines 1 a laptop runing XP Delphi 6 Indy 10.5.8.0 An a machine runing Window 7 Delphi XE2 with Indy 10.5.8.0. I am using the Same Code on Both. procedure TFrmMain.ProcessItemDalySpecial; var PathDest : String; FileName : String; begin with FrmTb2 do begin if ReadIniBoolean(IniCfg,'FTP','UseFtpDaly') then begin Ftp.Host := ReadIniStr(IniCfg,'FTP','HostDaly'); Ftp.Port := ReadIniInt(IniCfg,'FTP'...

To use or not to use Delphi

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

using lib .so in Delphi XE7
I needed a help, if possible ??? It is this: I have a routine written and compiled in C ++ that make data sync a bank with any SQL lite on Windows, one console TCP IP data exchange between environments. Routine name: libfastsync.so (This routine is the client of my console) Question: How do I incorporate this routine into the Delphi XE7 and use it in my application,,,, u have a sample outside call? I know it's possible,,, so,,, do not know how beginner stuff !! Would have an example of this call? Since already thank you Thank you for Remmy tip, but most have some doubts ...

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

ArcGIS runtime errors after upgrading from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE3
We have an application written in Delphi Pascal that accesses the ArcGIS 9.3 API through the COM interface. We recently upgraded from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE3 and ever since we upgraded we have been getting runtime errors in the ArcGIS libraries that we were not getting before. Specifically the error is always "invalid floating point operation". The first one that was occurring was happening in the method "sg.SgCoordRefSetZ". I was able to eliminate this error by adding a call to FGeoSpatialReference.SetZDomain(-10000, 100000.0) even though there is nowhere that we&#...

MOVED: Use Delphi XE TLB importer in Delphi 2007?
....to the ActiveX group: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=47170 -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an appli...

Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host
Hi I've been using delphi a long time And I always had the possibility of debbuging Packages using another Delphi process as host. This is very useful to test the design-time side of packages. Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host Application or Attach to process Any ideas? Thanks Plp Pedro wrote: > Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host > Application or Attach to process What exactly are you having trouble with? Error messages, unexpected behavior, etc. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Hi Remy ...

Trying to call a .DLL from Delphi XE (used to work with Delphi 6 :-) )
Hi everyone, I have a problem where perhaps some one could help point me in the right direction. In Delphi 6 I used a stand alone package to train a neural netowrk,. The trained neural network was stored as a .DEF file. The standalone software provided a .DLL and Delphi code to call the network and get the prediced values from your sw. (The .DLL was created in 2002 and apparently is 32 bit.) I have'nt used it for years but am now coming back to it.... I now use Delphi XE on Windows 7 (32 bit) The old .exe's I had compiled from that time work fine. However in Delphi XE ...

Web resources about - Delphi XE7: Error using TFDFBNBackup - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey