Delphi XE6 Android deployment problem

Hi!

Trying out the 30 day trial of Delphi XE6, deploying an app. written in XE5, where deploying is successful, but deploying the same app. without any changes with XE6, half of the files are missing from the installation on the Android device. If I rename the .apk to .zip and look inside, the missing files are in the .zip.

In 'deployment' page there are some .so files added which the app. is loading dynamically. Some of the files do get copied in the app.'s folder but some of them are not. I could not find any difference between the copied files' deployment options and the ones that are left out.

How to overcome this issue?

Also tried (with one file), in the deployment page, to delete the item and then add again, but it didn't help.

Thank you!
0
Utf

Maybe this:

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE6/en/What%27s_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE6#Run_Commands_Provide_New_-cleaninstall_Parameter_for_Mobile_Platforms

Put -cleaninstall in the Run|Parameters field.

I ran into a problem like this when deploying to IOS. And the fix ended up being that Iphone Configuration Utility was not entirely replacing the old data with the new. Re-installing the IPA with Itunes fixed the problem.

That doesn't really help you on Android but I've added and removed files a lot from the Deployment section to get them to show up. Maybe completely remove the existing APK off the Android device first?
0
Eli
6/28/2014 3:53:04 AM
I was not hoping that the clean install will help, because I completely uninstalled the previous version while trying things. And there was some hope that it will help, but unfortunately it didn't.

Also tried to copy the .apk to Android's SD card, and install from there manually which didn't work either.

But I tried one thing that worked out.
In XE5 the .so files were sepcified to put to remote path 'library\lib\armeabi', although the files were 'v7a' version. Don't ask why it worked in the 'library\lib\armeabi' folder, while working with XE5, if I specified 'library\lib\armeabi-v7a' the app. would not work.
So there is some difference how XE6 installs the files or something, specifying now 'library\lib\armeabi-v7a' as the remote path works fine now. Every file is in the right folder.
But why does XE6 put SOME of the files right, and why SOME not with 'library\lib\armeabi', I have no idea. Theoretically all files are v7a files.

So thank you, it's working now.
0
Utf

is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks.
is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. Have a look in your Android output directory -- Linden "Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source" > {quote:title=Linden ROTH wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > > > Have a look in ...

Deploying Delphi custom component to Android and IOS problem
Hi I have created a mobile application for android and ios with Delphi XE5. I needed a custom component, so I created a package and I wrote my component. I wrote a windows application for testing my custom compnent and every thing is OK so far. I add an instance of my component on the Firemonkey mobile form and it shows it correctly. But when I try to run app on IOS Simulator or Android emulator it crashes, I think the problem is caused by not deploying my package along with my app, but I don't know how shou ld I include this package in my mobile app deployment. Any idea? No answer, It...

Problem with Delphi 6 to Delphi 7 upgrade
I have just purchased Delphi XE because I have an immediate need of D7 which came for free with XE. I downloaded and installed D7 and I think I applied the Update 1 that I had also downloaded. After much messing around with old components, I have finally attempted to compile my D6 project with D7. I get the following error:- [Fatal Error] apm.dpr(225): Unit ExtDlgs was compiled with a different version of ExtCtrls.TPanel I have checked the library paths all point to D7 versions of everything and now am at a loss to know what to do next. Also checked the sequence to make sure that al...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

converting delphi 2007 code to delphi XE2 -- emptyparam problem
Hi, I am trying to convert my applicantion code from delphi 2007 to delphi XE2 and i got stuck in this error "[DCC Error] ADODB_TLB.pas(4888): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical". This happens when we use emptyparam as an argument in a function that wants an olevariant. Example: function TAcadDatabase.CopyObjects(Objects: OleVariant): OleVariant; begin Result := DefaultInterface.CopyObjects(Objects, EmptyParam, EmptyParam); //this is where we get the ERROR end; The coyobjects function as this signature: " function CopyObjects(Object...

problem delphi 2010 apps with a delphi 5 pro Pchar
Hallo I build on till now alle tools and programas with delphi 5 pro now i have delphi 2010 want don't want rewite alle my DLL Tools Like The tool i made for making PDF In case of This DLL i can't becose the vcl i use in delphi 5 will not work in delphi 2010 *This call in apps* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall external 'GUPPDF2.dll'; {code} *In delphi 5 DLL* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall; {code} if call the function i get a "Access violation" i think that the settings parameter empty is...

Java convertion for Android to Delphi XE6
Re Posted this post again as no reply received. Need to convert following java code to delphi: // Configure BeaconManager. beaconManager = new BeaconManager(this); beaconManager.setRangingListener(new BeaconManager.RangingListener() { @Override public void onBeaconsDiscovered(Region region, final List<Beacon> beacons) { // Note that results are not delivered on UI thread. runOnUiThread(new Runnable() { @Override public void run() { // Note that beacons reported here are already sorted by estimated // distance between device and beacon. getActionBar().setSubtitle("Foun...

Delphi X5 Android App Deployment
Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ? > {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote} > Sérgio Francisco wrote: > > Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i ...

MacinCloud deploy error Delphi XE6
I signed up with MacinCloud to create iPhone apps from my Windows/Delphi XE6 IDE. I followed JT's instructions to connect to the PAServer on MacinCloud. My iPhone code compiles and deploys but fails to kick off the IOS simulator. The message I get is "Unable to launch process on '208.52.189.12' using the parameters from the 'MacinCloud' profile. The following error was returned: 'Session ended'". I am connected to the latest PAServer for Delphi XE6 update 1. Anyone experience this issue and found a way to get past the error? Did you put in a pass...

Problem upgrading web service client from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE
In trying to upgrade our web service client to Delphi XE we have now get a web service error of Invalid Format. When we examine the SOAP request we see the following differences from Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE In Delphi 7 we get <SomeStuff xmlns="" xsi:nil="true" /> In Delphi XE we get <SomeStuff xsi:nil="true" /> We have narrowed the failure down to these differences in the client request. Is there anyway to get Delphi XE to generate a SOAP request with the xmlns attribute set to blank as it used to be? Hello, > In trying to u...

Upgrade from Delphi 5 and Delphi XE: Variant and SysUtils unit problems.
Hi. I am a newbie to Delhi XE. I have just taken on the task of converting my stuff from Delphi 5 [sic] to Delphi XE. The first errors I got was "Variants unit out of data or corrupted" and "symbol deprecated" in SysUtils I hope I can fix the problem by simply pointing to the "up-to-date" units. I am also wondering wether I will not have to switch to Unicode, since the errors seem to be string related (not that I know what changing to Unicode entails). Any help? Marcus > {quote:title=Marcus de Bruin wrote:}{quote} > Hi. > > I...

Problems
Hi; We have a software developed in the Delphi 2009 and we do NOT use the runtime themes. So, the option: Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED. When I'm on the Delphi 2009, it's all right. The problem is when I use the Delphi 2010. The same configuration (Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED). The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the current Windows theme. I don't like this, I want the runtime themes off while I'm programming and editing my forms. How can I solve it? Thanks to...

Web resources about - Delphi XE6 Android deployment problem - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Quality function deployment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... developed QFD in Japan in 1966, when the author combined his work in quality assurance and quality control points with function deployment used ...

Second Facebook Building In Luleå, Sweden, To Test New Rapid Deployment Data Center Concept
... at Facebook’s data center in Luleå, Sweden , will be the first of the social network’s data centers to be built using its new rapid deployment ...

Massive Growth in SMTP STARTTLS Deployment
When we posted in May about the state of STARTTLS deployment, we had no idea that we would see such significant changes to email encryption across ...

Deployment Manager (@redgateDeploy) on Twitter

Children welcome Georgia National Guardsmen home from deployment to Afghanistan - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
In this photo taken on March 9, 2010 photo, Blake Cochran, left, 7, Brooke Cochran, center, 6, and Bailee Cochran, 3, welcome home Georgia's ...

Rosetta: close orbits to lander deployment (annotated) - YouTube
Animation showing Rosetta’s orbit in the lead up to, during and after lander separation. The animation begins on 1 October 2014, when Rosetta ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

South China Sea: US agrees to spy plane deployment in Singapore
The United States has agreed with Singapore on a first deployment of the US P8 Poseidon spy plane in Singapore this month, in a fresh response ...

Iraq deployment decision in days: Bishop
The national security committee and federal cabinet will meet this week to decide on Australia's deployment to Iraq.

Full fibre NBN deployment costs artificially inflated: NBN Co critic
The cost of rolling out a fibre-to-the-premises NBN may not be as high as that posited by the Coalition government, according to University of ...