Delphi XE5 Firemonkey iOS7 Style (where is it?)

It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style"

Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is iOS6 style components. I can compile on iOS7 and it will bring up the keyboard in iOS 7 but none of the drag and drop components from firemonkey are iOS7 style.

Am I missing something obvious?
0
David

> {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote}
> It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style"
>
> Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is iOS6 style components. I can compile on iOS7 and it will bring up the keyboard in iOS 7 but none of the drag and drop components from firemonkey are iOS7 style.
>
> Am I missing something obvious?

What you see in the IDE is one thing.
Have you run your app on iOS7 and you see old style?

Best Regards,
Cristian Peta
0
Cristian
9/14/2013 7:51:41 PM
> {quote:title=Cristian Peta wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote}
> > It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style"
> >
> > Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is iOS6 style components. I can compile on iOS7 and it will bring up the keyboard in iOS 7 but none of the drag and drop components from firemonkey are iOS7 style.
> >
> > Am I missing something obvious?
>
> What you see in the IDE is one thing.
> Have you run your app on iOS7 and you see old style?
>
> Best Regards,
> Cristian Peta

Correct. If I drop a button, slider, switch etc on the IDE they look iOS6 style on both the IDE and my iPhone 5 (iOS7 GM) with iOS SDK 7.0 GM. As noted, the keyboard will come up in iOS7 style but the components remain iOS6 style.
0
David
9/14/2013 8:08:38 PM
> {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote}
> Correct. If I drop a button, slider, switch etc on the IDE they look iOS6 style on both the IDE and my iPhone 5 (iOS7 GM) with iOS SDK 7.0 GM. As noted, the keyboard will come up in iOS7 style but the components remain iOS6 style.

I think there will be an hotfix or an update shortly. And not only because styles.

Best Regards,
Cristian Peta
0
Cristian
9/14/2013 8:22:11 PM
> {quote:title=Cristian Peta wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote}
> > Correct. If I drop a button, slider, switch etc on the IDE they look iOS6 style on both the IDE and my iPhone 5 (iOS7 GM) with iOS SDK 7.0 GM. As noted, the keyboard will come up in iOS7 style but the components remain iOS6 style.
>
> I think there will be an hotfix or an update shortly. And not only because styles.
>
> Best Regards,
> Cristian Peta

Really? So advertised features of this magnitude don't actually work?, joy! (wallet slides back safely into jacket).

I would expect little bugs in new releases but this is a big oversight :/
0
David
9/14/2013 8:55:49 PM
> I would expect little bugs in new releases but this is a big oversight :/

iOS7 has not officially been launched though (nearly)
as soon as it does I suspect there will be an update to XE5 to support it
0
Brian
9/15/2013 12:46:39 AM
> {quote:title=Brian Hamilton wrote:}{quote}
> > I would expect little bugs in new releases but this is a big oversight :/
>
> iOS7 has not officially been launched though (nearly)
> as soon as it does I suspect there will be an update to XE5 to support it

That's not what the website is advertising. It clearly states "iOS 7 SDK support *and style*". If as of writing it does not then that is false advertising. If it doesn't, and appears that it does not, then it should be changed to coming soon.

At the moment it just compiles under iOS 7 GM but retains iOS6 style on all drag and drop components. That is not "iOS 7 SDK support *and style*".

I will keep an eye out for any patch / hotfix and hope it arrives before the 30 trial is up. I certainly won't be buying XE5 without verifying the advertised features are in and functional.
0
David
9/15/2013 12:59:00 AM
> {quote:title=Brian Hamilton wrote:}{quote}
> yes I see what you mean
> http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/create-android-apps
>
> it does say iOS7 styles
>
> just hang tight...it will be supported..why wouldnt it?
> ...will just mean a SDK of iOS7 update patch will be needed...then you will have the iOS7 styles avaible via the style look up if you have selected the newly installed iOS7 SDK in the SDK manager in the options setup for your project

Well it's an advertised feature which at this moment does not exist in the product. Am I the only one that thinks it's a bit of a con to advertise a feature that doesn't exist?

I've no doubt it will eventually come but it should definitely not be stated as a feature when it isn't even in the product (at the time of writing).

It's a disgrace and I demand a full refund! - Oh wait, I'm just using the 30 day trial (thankfully).
0
David
9/15/2013 2:19:39 AM
yes I see what you mean
http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/create-android-apps

it does say iOS7 styles

just hang tight...it will be supported..why wouldnt it?
....will just mean a SDK of iOS7 update patch will be needed...then you will have the iOS7 styles avaible via the style look up if you have selected the newly installed iOS7 SDK in the SDK manager in the options setup for your project

I suspect the marketing team assumed iOS7 would be released by the time XE5 was released...
but the SDK was not official...and so cant ship the SDK until its finalised...i.e there could have been changes at the last minute

Edited by: Brian Hamilton on Sep 14, 2013 7:21 PM
0
Brian
9/15/2013 2:26:14 AM
> {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Brian Hamilton wrote:}{quote}
> > yes I see what you mean
> > http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/create-android-apps
> >
> > it does say iOS7 styles
> >
> > just hang tight...it will be supported..why wouldnt it?
> > ...will just mean a SDK of iOS7 update patch will be needed...then you will have the iOS7 styles avaible via the style look up if you have selected the newly installed iOS7 SDK in the SDK manager in the options setup for your project
>

> Well it's an advertised feature which at this moment does not exist in the product. Am I the only one that thinks it's a bit of a con to advertise a feature that doesn't exist?
>
> I've no doubt it will eventually come but it should definitely not be stated as a feature when it isn't even in the product (at the time of writing).
>
> It's a disgrace and I demand a full refund! - Oh wait, I'm just using the 30 day trial (thankfully).

I see what you're saying. It definitely is a strange way of saying 'iOS 7 Style, but not quite yet'. I figure that it might be that Apple have certain restrictions in place regarding styling apps for iOS 7 prior to release. Officially, it's not out yet, even though there's 2 devices announced that have it preinstalled, it's not officially available until the 18th(?) of this month. I'd give it until then and see what Embt. have to say.

Right now, it is classified as false advertising provided it's not been quantified with an asterisk and a statement stating it's not yet available. It should be corrected. It could be that it's on their SVN sources and they forgot to package it with the release, or that we're meant to go and grab it ourselves.
0
Scott
9/15/2013 2:31:07 AM
I suspect the marketing team assumed iOS7 would be released by the time XE5 was released...
but the SDK was not official...and so cant ship the SDK until its finalised...i.e there could have been changes at the last minute
0
Brian
9/15/2013 2:34:32 AM
> {quote:title=Brian Hamilton wrote:}{quote}
> I suspect the marketing team assumed iOS7 would be released by the time XE5 was released...
> but the SDK was not official...and so cant ship the SDK until its finalised...i.e there could have been changes at the last minute

Unfourtunately XE5 is one week premature release.
I am sure there will be an update or hotfix when iOS7 is publicly available.

Best Regards,
Cristian Peta
0
Cristian
9/15/2013 4:49:50 AM
> {quote:title=Cristian Peta wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Brian Hamilton wrote:}{quote}
> > I suspect the marketing team assumed iOS7 would be released by the time XE5 was released...
> > but the SDK was not official...and so cant ship the SDK until its finalised...i.e there could have been changes at the last minute
>
> Unfourtunately XE5 is one week premature release.
> I am sure there will be an update or hotfix when iOS7 is publicly available.
>
> Best Regards,
> Cristian Peta

ios7 requires new sizes for the deployment images - the apploader 2.9 already complains if they are missing
0
Gernot
9/16/2013 9:10:45 AM
I suspect you are correct.  The SDK is due out tomorrow.  We may see new styles as early as tomorrow.  Like you, I doubt Embarcadero is trying to mislead anyone - I think XE5 was released a week ahead of schedule. During the Webinar, they said the styles would be released after iOS 7 is released.

For the poster making the accusations, you can try building and compiling using the D.P.L. components - they are native and should render correctly based on the version of iOS installed.  If you need FM styles, I suspect they will be released ASAP as a update or seperate download for registered users.

> {quote:title=Brian Hamilton wrote:}{quote}
> I suspect the marketing team assumed iOS7 would be released by the time XE5 was released...
> but the SDK was not official...and so cant ship the SDK until its finalised...i.e there could have been changes at the last minute
0
Charles
9/18/2013 1:14:38 AM
> {quote:title=Charles Stack wrote:}{quote}
> I suspect you are correct.  The SDK is due out tomorrow.  We may see new styles as early as tomorrow.  Like you, I doubt Embarcadero is trying to mislead anyone - I think XE5 was released a week ahead of schedule. During the Webinar, they said the styles would be released after iOS 7 is released.
>
> For the poster making the accusations, you can try building and compiling using the D.P.L. components - they are native and should render correctly based on the version of iOS installed.  If you need FM styles, I suspect they will be released ASAP as a update or seperate download for registered users.
>

> > {quote:title=Brian Hamilton wrote:}{quote}
> > I suspect the marketing team assumed iOS7 would be released by the time XE5 was released...
> > but the SDK was not official...and so cant ship the SDK until its finalised...i.e there could have been changes at the last minute

I was quite surprised that advertised features are missing, is all. Perhaps it's the field I work in but I for one could certainly not ship a product advertising something that's not in it. It must be only me who finds it a little unprofessional.

But no doubt over the next few days it'll all be sorted with a hotfix / patch :)
0
David
9/18/2013 1:49:07 AM
> {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Charles Stack wrote:}{quote}
> > I suspect you are correct.  The SDK is due out tomorrow.  We may see new styles as early as tomorrow.  Like you, I doubt Embarcadero is trying to mislead anyone - I think XE5 was released a week ahead of schedule. During the Webinar, they said the styles would be released after iOS 7 is released.
> >
> > For the poster making the accusations, you can try building and compiling using the D.P.L. components - they are native and should render correctly based on the version of iOS installed.  If you need FM styles, I suspect they will be released ASAP as a update or seperate download for registered users.
> >

> > > {quote:title=Brian Hamilton wrote:}{quote}
> > > I suspect the marketing team assumed iOS7 would be released by the time XE5 was released...
> > > but the SDK was not official...and so cant ship the SDK until its finalised...i.e there could have been changes at the last minute
>
> I was quite surprised that advertised features are missing, is all. Perhaps it's the field I work in but I for one could certainly not ship a product advertising something that's not in it. It must be only me who finds it a little unprofessional.
>
> But no doubt over the next few days it'll all be sorted with a hotfix / patch :)

I need help On delphi xe5. I found how to change many properties of styles saved in Embarcadero Dir (C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Embarcadero \ RAD Studio \ 12.0 \ Redist \ styles \ Fmx) but I found myself in trouble for this simple operation:

1) How can I change the font color on a TButton on iOS7 (iPad) default style?
2) How can I modify and export to the default style iOS7 (iPad)?
3) Where is the file iOS7 default style?
Thanks for any feedback.
0
Giuseppe
2/26/2014 9:41:53 AM
> {quote:title=Giuseppe Amato wrote:}{quote}
> I need help On delphi xe5. I found how to change many properties of styles saved in Embarcadero Dir (C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Embarcadero \ RAD Studio \ 12.0 \ Redist \ styles \ Fmx) but I found myself in trouble for this simple operation:
>
> 1) How can I change the font color on a TButton on iOS7 (iPad) default style?
> 2) How can I modify and export to the default style iOS7 (iPad)?
> 3) Where is the file iOS7 default style?
> Thanks for any feedback.

Mike is answering this in your other thread ... didn't help to re open this one as this is actually about the inclusion of iOS 7 in the INITIAL release of XE5 before iOS 7 shipped
--
Linden
"Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source"

Web resources about - Delphi XE5 Firemonkey iOS7 Style (where is it?) - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore