Delphi XE2 FireMonkey Form flashes/ blinks - how to solve ?

Hi,

I am new in XE2 FMX,

I just purchased Delphi XE2.

When I run Form with button/ switch etc in FireMonkey during "OnMouse Enter" the Form is blinking from default grey to black.

I tried to change the styles but it didn't help.

Only when I make in Form transparency=true it is not blinking during running mouse over the button.

In VCL all is fine.

Can anyone point me what am I doing wrong in FMX ?

regards,
Magda
0
Magdalena

> {quote:title=Magdalena Banasiak wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> I am new in XE2 FMX,
>
> I just purchased Delphi XE2.
>
> When I run Form with button/ switch etc in FireMonkey during "OnMouse Enter" the Form is blinking from default grey to black.
>
> I tried to change the styles but it didn't help.
>
> Only when I make in Form transparency=true it is not blinking during running mouse over the button.
>
> In VCL all is fine.

It might help to know what is in your OnMouse event that could be doing this?
A sample of the code might reveal all.

Cheers
0
Alan
3/17/2012 6:43:31 PM
Hello again,

In following URL I embedded short video with my problem.

http://tv-live.pl/moviee.html

If I move the mouse on Button and again on Form there is the blinking effect.

OnMouse event doesn't matter, even just simple 'do nothing' button is not working - Form is flashing.

Perhaps it is something with my pc ?

regards,
Magdalena
0
Magdalena
3/18/2012 1:38:33 PM
> {quote:title=Magdalena Banasiak wrote:}{quote}
> Hello again,
>
> In following URL I embedded short video with my problem.
>
> http://tv-live.pl/moviee.html
>
> If I move the mouse on Button and again on Form there is the blinking effect.
>

> OnMouse event doesn't matter, even just simple 'do nothing' button is not working - Form is flashing.
>
> Perhaps it is something with my pc ?

Ok so no code whatsoever. I've never seen a compile that slow for just a button and a form, something is indeed corrupt in tobruk. Try running the same without debug and see what happens?
0
Alan
3/18/2012 6:07:03 PM
> {quote:title=Magdalena Banasiak wrote:}{quote}
> Hello again,
>
> In following URL I embedded short video with my problem.
>
> http://tv-live.pl/moviee.html
>
> If I move the mouse on Button and again on Form there is the blinking effect.
>

> OnMouse event doesn't matter, even just simple 'do nothing' button is not working - Form is flashing.
>
> Perhaps it is something with my pc ?
>
> regards,
> Magdalena

Ok, I would suggest two things - do you have enough RAM (try the compiled form on a clean test PC if possible) because that compile was WAY too slow for that.

Secondly - you could try a clean Delphi install, tear down the one you have, fully clean up your system and try a re-install with the latest Update 4.  I guess it is possible that you have some kind of corruption to the default styles.

As a final thought, you could try disabling animations/focus effects (disablefocuseffect is a property for most controls, alternatively there is a global option   fmx.types.GlobalDisableFocusEffect set that top true in the project DPR) to see if that helps.
0
paul
I saw similar effect in customer PC when running in Direct2d mode. When
running in gdiplus mode, all was fine.

It that case, updating graphics card driver solved the problem.

Regards,
Jordi

"Magdalena Banasiak" ha escrit al missatge:454218@forums.embarcadero.com...

Hi,

I am new in XE2 FMX,

I just purchased Delphi XE2.

When I run Form with button/ switch etc in FireMonkey during "OnMouse Enter"
the Form is blinking from default grey to black.

I tried to change the styles but it didn't help.

Only when I make in Form transparency=true it is not blinking during running
mouse over the button.

In VCL all is fine.

Can anyone point me what am I doing wrong in FMX ?

regards,
Magda
0
Jordi
3/19/2012 10:29:37 AM
Thank you all for the replies.

Finally when I changed from default graphic card (GForce) into Intel one my problem is gone (I have 2 graphics cards).

At the moment I don't really know why it is not working on NVidia, however it doesn't matter for me as on Intel it is working properly ;-)

Now I am able to start my XE2 journey!

cheers,
Magdalena
0
Magdalena
3/19/2012 2:47:23 PM
It is totally firemonkey bug, a have the same blinking on my notebook with two graphics cards: intel and nvidia.
When nvidia is active in fm'd2d mode it is blinks, when intel it is ok, but intel is very slow. And of corse i installed all new drivers for both cards!
The same double cards configurations have many end users........... Em take a look at that problem please!

Edited by: Sergionn Rad on Mar 19, 2012 7:13 PM
0
Sergionn

Delphi XE2, OSX and FireMonkey?
1. Does anyone know if developing with FireMonkey will be the only way to develop for OSX with XE2? 2. Does anyone know if you will need to compile on a Mac for OSX, or will XE2 cross compile? I know this will all come out during the world tour, but I'm just trying to get some idea so I can start planning. 1. Yes, I think for now it will be the only way. But you can probably build a native UI for OSX by directly using the API, like you can also develop Win32 applications without using the VCL. 2. XE2 will only be available for Windows, but it will compile for other platforms. &l...

ANN: Delphi XE2 FireMonkey BOOK
September 5, 2012 Coogara Consulting is pleased to announce that our new book is available: "FireMonkey Development for iOS and OS X with Delphi XE2" by Graeme Chandler. It is available printed (comb binding) or in PDF and MOBI (Kindle compatible) formats. Only from: http://shop.coogara.com Regards Graeme Chandler Coogara Consulting http://www.coogara.com.au http://shop.coogara.com http://www.strikingwood.com.au Graeme Chandler wrote: > Coogara Consulting is pleased to announce that our new book is > available: > > "FireMonkey Dev...

Delphi firemonkey form and keyboard Previous/Next
If I have a web a webform (html) with many fields the Iphone and Ipad keyboard show Previous/Next field. Is there a way to get this functionality with Delphi and a FM form ? B ...

A little bit about FireMonkey and Delphi XE2 @andreanolanusse
A little bit about FireMonkey and Delphi XE2 http://www.andreanolanusse.com/en/a-little-bit-about-firemonkey-and-delphi-xe2/ -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Error opening existing firemonkey form in new Delphi XE7
I tried to open in Delphi XE7 Trial Version an existing mobile firemonkey form created in Delphi XE6 and get the following error message: "Error creating form: Cannot create Direct3D device for 'TCustomCanvasD2D'.." What's means? The form open with no errors in Delphi XE6. Thank in advance, Gustavo ...

Delphi XE2 & FireMonkey 2011 results and 2012 plans
Delphi XE2 & FireMonkey 2011 results and 2012 plans http://blogs.embarcadero.com/vsevolodleonov/2011/12/31/new2012/ (rus) http://bit.ly/yiwsLr (en) -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ "Ciprian Popa" <no-spam@no-spam.com> wrote in message > > http://blogs.embarcadero.com/vsevolodleonov/2011/12/31/new2012/ (rus) > http://bit.ly/yiwsLr (en) > I wouldn't quite call that english. :) >> I wouldn't quite call that english. :) >Have such a plan would be about a book like Bob Svorta, but in the...

VCL/FireMonkey styles missing on Win7/64 Delphi Pro XE2
Hi, I just moved to a new Win7/64 laptop and installed XE2 and just noticed that the VCL/Firemonkey styles aren't available in the IDE. I see the VSF files in the \redist folder but there's nothing except the bpl/dcl folders under the \Rad Studio folder in documents. I tried looking at the installer again but I didn't see an option to modify the installation to include the styles. I tried posting this to Install but haven't gotten any responses yet. I was hoping to start a new project using styles this weekend. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Tha...

Delphi XE4 incredibly slow to render form when debugging a FireMonkey app
I have just started using Delphi XE4 having previously been using XE3. I am having a problem when running any FireMonkey application, even something as simple as a form with a label. Once the compiler has finished it takes around 20 seconds before the form is displayed. If I run the application from the EXE the delay is gone. I've tried compiling without debugging info and the problem persists. Can anyone recommend a course of action to find a solution to this? Kind regards Tristan ...

Firemonkey app from Delphi XE2 -> Dropbox & iCloud [Edit]
Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2? > {quote:title=laureano bonilla wrote:}{quote} > Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS > > Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2 For iCloud, you will need support for both iOS 5.0 and 10.7 Lion. I don't believe XE2 even supports the classes added with iOS 4.x, much less 5.0, although you can parse the iOS 5.0 UIKit and Foundation headers yourself: http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_5_Parsing_...

XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store
My app is finally in the App Store. My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here. Xavier Dufaure de Citres ----- _*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_ XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC. You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands. In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independen...

How to show custom cursor on transparent firemonkey form Delphi XE3 [Edit]
HI. In my application I need to show a semi-transparent form with specific cursor. A simple example: procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin Fill.Kind := TBrushKind.bkSolid; Fill.Color := $50000000; Top := 0; Left := 0; Width := 600; Height := 600; Transparency := true; Cursor := crSQLWait; end; but cursor is changed only when I start mouse moving. I don't know how to fix it:( Edited by: Sam Rob on Apr 8, 2013 1:31 AM decision: I add to onActivate: Cursor := crSQLWait; Application.ProcessMessages; ...

Web resources about - Delphi XE2 FireMonkey Form flashes/ blinks - how to solve ? - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore