Delphi for Android

If this is not the right forum, please direct me to the right one.
I want to write a simple application for android. Is it possible?
I have bought Delphi XE2 and downloaded Andoid sdk.
Is there any site to guide me step by step for this job?
Can I do the same task with Free Pascal, or even better with Lazarus?
Regarding FPC or Lazarus, I need it for highschool teaching purposes.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Dimitris
0
Dimitris

Dimitris Koutsourelis wrote:

> If this is not the right forum, please direct me to the right one.
> I want to write a simple application for android. Is it possible?
> I have bought Delphi XE2 and downloaded Andoid sdk.
> Is there any site to guide me step by step for this job?
> Can I do the same task with Free Pascal, or even better with Lazarus?
> Regarding FPC or Lazarus, I need it for highschool teaching purposes.
> Thanks a lot in advance,
> Dimitris

Currently, Delphi only compiles to x86-32 or x86-64. Most Android
devices have an ARM or similar processor, so I doubt it will work. Note
that iOS compatibility (through FireMonkey) also requires a Mac, Xcode
and FreePascal.

So currently, I'd say: no, you can't.

I don't know FPC well enough to say if it can do this.

--
Rudy Velthuis

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
0
Rudy
2/28/2012 12:17:02 PM
Hello,

Delphi main task is Win32/64 developement.
There is no support yet to create Android app's.
There is a new environment included with Delphi XE2,
"Fire Monkey", where you can create iOS and OSX app's.
Support for ARM compiler, Linux and Android support is on the roadmap.

Greets.
0
Robert
2/28/2012 12:23:35 PM
> {quote:title=Dimitris Koutsourelis wrote:}{quote}
> If this is not the right forum, please direct me to the right one.
> I want to write a simple application for android. Is it possible?
> I have bought Delphi XE2 and downloaded Andoid sdk.
> Is there any site to guide me step by step for this job?
> Can I do the same task with Free Pascal, or even better with Lazarus?
> Regarding FPC or Lazarus, I need it for highschool teaching purposes.
> Thanks a lot in advance,
> Dimitris

For Android you can use Delphi for PHP
0
Philip
2/28/2012 4:15:31 PM
Dimitris wrote:

> I want to write a simple application for android. Is it possible?

Not with Delphi, no.  FreePascal does supports Android, though:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_JVM

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Philip Offergeld wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Dimitris Koutsourelis wrote:}{quote}
> > If this is not the right forum, please direct me to the right one.
> > I want to write a simple application for android. Is it possible?
> > I have bought Delphi XE2 and downloaded Andoid sdk.
> > Is there any site to guide me step by step for this job?
> > Can I do the same task with Free Pascal, or even better with Lazarus?
> > Regarding FPC or Lazarus, I need it for highschool teaching purposes.
> > Thanks a lot in advance,
> > Dimitris
>
> For Android you can use Delphi for PHP

Which is not Pascal language, but PHP language. Another, probably
best available option for Pascal users is RemObjects Oxygene for Java
http://www.remobjects.com/oxygene/

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija
> Dimitris wrote:
>
> > I want to write a simple application for android. Is it possible?
>
> Not with Delphi, no.  FreePascal does supports Android, though:
>
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_JVM

Then just convert the FMX units for FPC and it should work.
0
Jason
2/28/2012 8:28:21 PM
Στις 28/2/2012 10:28 μμ, ο/η Jason Southwell έγραψε:
>> {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
>> Dimitris wrote:
>>
>>> I want to write a simple application for android. Is it possible?
>>
>> Not with Delphi, no.  FreePascal does supports Android, though:
>>
>> http://wiki.freepascal.org/FPC_JVM
>
> Then just convert the FMX units for FPC and it should work.

I would like to thank all people tried to help me.
I am going to try FPC, and if it fails, I'll try eclipse and java that I
guess is the main stream way to write android apps.
Thanks again.
Dimitris
0
Dimitris
3/5/2012 7:58:27 PM
Was RemObjects "Oxygene for Java" mentioned? I'd rather write in Object Pascal and have that converted to Java bytecode than write in Java (yuck). Any of your code that doesn't rely on a Java API of some sort can be reused for a .NET project with Delphi Prism too. May come in handy for a Windows Phone app, or iOS if you were to use MonoTouch.

http://www.remobjects.com/oxygene/java.aspx

-Ron
0
Ron

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks.
is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. Have a look in your Android output directory -- Linden "Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source" > {quote:title=Linden ROTH wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > > > Have a look in ...

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Web resources about - Delphi for Android - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Android Apps - Appolicious ™ App Directory
... You'll Love in association with Trending: games photography photo editing keyboards Join Sign In with Yahoo! Already a member? Log in Android ...

Android phone name generator
Just click on the logo. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of January 2014, Android 4.x Jelly Bean is the most widely used Android version, ...

Inside PR 427: Get ready for podcasting on Android
... or connect with Gini Dietrich , Joseph Thornley , and Martin Waxman on Twitter. The post Inside PR 427: Get ready for podcasting on Android ...

Statistics: Android users were all about phablets this holiday season
... with me. At least that is what the latest Flurry report seems to corroborate. According to the Yahoo-owned insights blog, 54% of all Android ...

Xiaomi Mi4c: Awesome Android smartphone that doesn't break the bank
... its price is similar to that of more affordable mid-rangers. The software is pretty nice as well. Unlike some other interpretations of Android, ...

Android design chief says iPhone software can feel ‘heavy and burdensome’
... the competition. With the benefit of hindsight, Jobs' prediction was remarkably prescient. Indeed, it only took a few years for competing Android ...

Google comes up with a new Android plan as its epic legal battle with Oracle continues
... that indicates Google is either preparing for a worst-case scenario or simply trying to outwit Oracle. Google will remove the parts of Android ...

Why do androids sometimes give us the heebie jeebies?
There are ethical and moral concerns to creating robots that are too human-like, say some experts.

Android’s design guru says iPhone interface is ‘heavy and burdensome’
The arrival of the original iPhone may have fundamentally changed Google’s plans for its Android smartphone platform, but according to Google’s ...