Creating Database Files using Firedac (Delphi XE7)

I have been able to get Firedac to display and edit the following file types in a simple app using FDConnection, FDTable, FDPhysSQLiteDriverLink (and others according to file type) : sdb, gdb, mdb and xls (with ODBC link and drivers). I have been able to create a SQLLite File (.sdb) from scratch and add tables using roughly:

  FDTable1.Connection = FDConnection1; (set in form)
  FDConnection1.Params.Clear;
  FDConnection1.Params.Add('DriverID=SQLite');
  FDConnection1.Params.Add('Database='+DATABASE_FILE);
  FDConnection1.ResourceOptions.DefaultParamType := ptOutput;
  FDConnection1.Connected := True;
  FDTable1.TableName := Trim(Edit6.Text);
  FDTable1.CreateTable(True,[tpTable]);
  FDTable1.SaveToFile(DATABASE_FILE);

Although I get an error on CreateTable : Cannot create file "DATABASE_FILE" the process cannot access the file since it is used by another process, The SQLite File gets created, data can be entered, and the file can be later read and edited.
My question - Is this possible to create MS Access (mdb) , Interbase (gdb), MySQL, etc. files using XE7 Firedac as I can with SQLite files and DataSnap files (without Firedac) ?
I tried similar to the above code for MS Access DriverID=MSAcc) and Interbase (DriverID=IB), but could not create a valid file. The message is : error while trying to open file, the system cannot find the file specified. This must be happening on FDConnection.Connected since the file has not yet been created. My code is questionable. How can I correct this?
Thanks for any help.
0
Bob

This can be done if proper drivers are installed. Needed CreateDatabase=yes in parameters list to create gdb file.
0
Bob

No File is Being Created when Using TIBOutputRawFile in Delphi XE6
I have the following procedure: procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); var RawOutput: TIBOutputRawFile; FileName: string; begin RawOutput:= TIBOutputRawFile.Create; try with IBSQL1 do begin close; sql.text:= 'select * from employee'; RawOutput.FileName := 'TRANS.ibx'; BatchOutput(RawOutput); end; finally RawOutput.Free end; end; In Delphi XE6, even though this procedure is run without any exceptions, no file is being created. It created the file...

Can Delphi XE7 (Pascal) be used to create a STATIC lib for iOS?
I tried creating a package for iOS Device and compiled it but can't find any ".a" files created anywhere. Is this something that only can be done in C++, or is there a way to do this in Pascal? If so, then how is this done...that is, what do I need to do to generate a ".a" static lib for iOS with Delphi (pascal) XE7? Thanks. Jeff Jeff wrote: > I tried creating a package for iOS Device and compiled it but can't > find any ".a" files created anywhere. Is this something that only > can be done in C++, or is there a way to do th...

Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 using QODBC Driver
I have a Windows 32 Application using Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 version using the QODBC driver from Inuit. However, I can connect using Delphi XE6 version with FireDac ODBC driver component. When I try to connect get this error message: Read of Address in module KERNELBASE.dll Access Violation at address . I have try several things even compiling under 32bit and 64bit same error, but compiled in Delphi XE6 it works fine! Has anyone else seen this? Thanks Garnet Hello If you like, you can send test database file to Dmitry dot Arefiev at embarcadero dot co...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

How to use a .dmp file for a system which crashes using a delphi app
Hi, I put this post here because I am not sure of the best location. I have been given a memory dump (.dmp) file by a client who thinks that a Delphi 7 application is causing their system to blue screen from time to time. Does anyone know how I can use this .dmp file to locate the problem in the delphi app? The build the client is using has debug symbols turned on. I have downloaded Microsoft Debugging Tools for windows and have dupmchk.exe (and kd.exe) but I would really appreciate some help with how these or any other useful tools should be used? Many thanks Ben > I have down...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

To use or not to use Delphi

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

create PDF file from delphi
Hello, Is it posible to export data from delphi as a pdf file from qreport for example or from any other object such as string grid. is there any commponents that do so ? thank you yuda yuda, On Thu, 06 May 2010 09:47:02 +0100, yuda levi wrote: > Is it posible to export data from delphi as a pdf file from qreport for > example or from any other object such as string grid. > is there any commponents that do so ? pdfFactory (www.fineprint.com) together with the info in the "Dev Kit" works for us. Since it is implemented as a printer (rather than a...

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

using lib .so in Delphi XE7
I needed a help, if possible ??? It is this: I have a routine written and compiled in C ++ that make data sync a bank with any SQL lite on Windows, one console TCP IP data exchange between environments. Routine name: libfastsync.so (This routine is the client of my console) Question: How do I incorporate this routine into the Delphi XE7 and use it in my application,,,, u have a sample outside call? I know it's possible,,, so,,, do not know how beginner stuff !! Would have an example of this call? Since already thank you Thank you for Remmy tip, but most have some doubts ...

I can't creating database when i using Creat database.
I get a fail meg. like SQL error (-143)- column '@database_version' not found. Yes i think the problem can be at i have installed an ebf.......... but is it ? regards christian I had the same problem. I accidentally had 6.02 and 5.xx on my machine. My system path was finding the 5.xx libraries first, but I was running Create Database from 6.02 Sybase Central. Once I deleted the 5.xx directory and cleaned up my path the problem went away. Hope that helps. Christian Jonasson <christian.jonasson@brightid.se> wrote in message news:Necypc6S$GA.98@forums.sybase....

MOVED: Use Delphi XE TLB importer in Delphi 2007?
....to the ActiveX group: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=47170 -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Web resources about - Creating Database Files using Firedac (Delphi XE7) - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Londonistan: How Britain is Creating a Terror State Within - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The book encompasses a critique of multiculturalism , alleged weak policing, cultural relativism , and what Phillips calls a 'victim culture'. ...

Facebook’s Matt Kelly Describes Process Of Creating Plugin For WordPress
The plugin for WordPress launched by Facebook in June has been downloaded more than 180,000 times, and Engineer, Developer Relations Matt Kelly ...

Creating Online Ads that Drive Brand Awareness
New research shows how the creative elements of online ads impact brand awareness.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook Creating Fourth-Party Privacy Rules for Facebook Connect Widget & Plugin Developers
In a recently-written post on the Facebook Developers Wiki, Facebook had added new rules for information sharing between websites that have implemented ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Great Startup Culture
... with any Bay Area startup these days (ping pong, beer on tap, catered lunches and Macbook Airs) – though these things are, of course, Creating ...

WIRED Creating the Nebula for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get WIRED Creating the Nebula on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Nets of freedom creating mesh networks 03.07.2013 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Strelka Institute photo's photos on Flickr. Strelka Institute photo has uploaded 14526 photos to Flickr.

Creating the incorrigible Cartman - YouTube
"South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone were big fans of "All in the Family," a 1970s CBS sitcom. Perhaps this is why their most incorrigible ...