Could not Load SSL Library

I am using Indy component TidPOP3 with TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL to receive email using XE7. Previously I received email using this code using XE6 32 bit running on Windows and Macintosh. I did get the runtime error - Cannot load SSL Library when compiled and run as 64 bit code in XE6, but everything  worked fine using 32 bit run. Now using XE7 I get this runtime error for both 32 bit and 64 bit code when run using Windows. EMail is received using this code using Android with no runtime error. What add
itional dll do I need to distribute or how do I get around this runtime?
Thank you for any suggestions.
0
Bob

Bob wrote:

> I did get the runtime error - Cannot load SSL Library when compiled
> and run as 64 bit code in XE6, but everything worked fine using 32
> bit run.

Are you using 64bit versions of the OpenSSL DLLs?

> Now using XE7 I get this runtime error for both 32 bit and 64 bit code
> when run using Windows.

My guess would be that you are not using an up-to-date version of OpenSSL,
and Indy is looking for exported functions that do not exist in your version.

What does Indy's WhichFailedToLoad() function report?

> What additional dll do I need to distribute

None, just the standard libeay32 and ssleay32 DLLs.

> how do I get around this runtime?

There is not enough information to diagnose the problem.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> Bob wrote:
>
> > I did get the runtime error - Cannot load SSL Library when compiled
> > and run as 64 bit code in XE6, but everything worked fine using 32
> > bit run.
>
> Are you using 64bit versions of the OpenSSL DLLs?
     I am using the TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL component on the Indy IO Handlers These components are all supported 32,64,OSX,iOS, and Android. I do not specify versions or 32 vs 64 bit anywhere, that is covered when selecting the Target Platform.

> > Now using XE7 I get this runtime error for both 32 bit and 64 bit code
> > when run using Windows.
>
> My guess would be that you are not using an up-to-date version of OpenSSL,
> and Indy is looking for exported functions that do not exist in your version.
>  All my libraries and paths point to version 15 . I am using the components that come with Indy on XE7

> What does Indy's WhichFailedToLoad() function report?
  I am not familiar how to use this.

> > What additional dll do I need to distribute
>
> None, just the standard libeay32 and ssleay32 DLLs.
>
> > how do I get around this runtime?
>
> There is not enough information to diagnose the problem.
   When using TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL with POP3, I get the error: Could not load ssl library
 The TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL component plugs into TidPOP3 or TiDSMTP components that come with XE7 This worked under XE6 32 bit.

> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Bob

SSL library does not load
Dear all; would someone spot a problem with the following: {code:cpp} if( !::LoadLibrary("ssleay32.dll") ) return; ShowMessage( WhichFailedToLoad() ); {code} an msg saying "Failed to load ssleay32.dll." pops up which results in TIdSMTP.Connect() throw 11001. many thanks in advance. Boba. I went to forums3.atozed.com and found the following: "The newsgrouyp database got currupted due to the hardware failure but we are working to recover it and hopefully the forums will be online again this week. Atozed Software (March/04/2012)...

Cannot Load SSL Library
Howdy All!! I am installing my IW web server (standalone) on a customer server running Windows 2008 R2 Foundation. I have NEVER had a problem getting the web service to run. On this machine I am getting a "Could not load the SSL library". The files I have in the directory are as follows: Volume in drive C has no label. Volume Serial Number is 6852-3FF2 Directory of C:\thewebticketer 06/13/2014 01:49 PM <DIR> . 06/13/2014 01:49 PM <DIR> .. 03/24/2012 06:27 AM 2,134 Cert.pem 03/24/2012 06:27 AM ...

How to load SSL library on iphone?
Im consuming a SOAP service and get this error on the call to web service: First chance exception at $00018B50. Exception class EIdOSSLCouldNotLoadSSLLibrary with message 'Could not load SSL library.'. Process TestiOS (31188) german wrote: > First chance exception at $00018B50. Exception class > EIdOSSLCouldNotLoadSSLLibrary with message 'Could not > load SSL library.'. Process TestiOS (31188) EIdOSSLCouldNotLoadSSLLibrary is an Indy exception. Indy's OpenSSL support is implemented slightly different on iOS than on other platforms, due to Apple re...

Name: Paul Email: paulatmantaworlddotcom Product: Minefield Summary: Loading...loading...loading... Comments: The Minefield Start Page is OK but every other tab I open is loading...loading...loading... I started with http://www.is4profit.com and noticed it seemed to have fully loaded but the "loading" icon in the tab is constantly running. I tried a more mainstream site and entered http://www.bbc.com and that too is suffering the same loading issue... Even my own website which I know when it has loaded http://www.mantaworld.com is having the same problem I...

"Could not load SSL library" problem
I send emails using Delphi7 Indy9_0_50 through smtp.gmail.com using SSL, but sometimes, at the some first tries after the connections inside FSMTP.Send(FIdMsgSend); triggered an exception with the text: "Could not load SSL library." But the message is successfully sent and received by recipient. Known whether this problem? Please help to solve it. I will provide all the necessary information. Thank you for your time. Hi Oleg, I got this to work on Delphi 7 using Indy 9 components. I used SSL 0.96m from the OpenSSL project. The 0.98 versions won't work with Indy 9,...

Could not load SSL library
Hi, Can anyone please help..... We currently have an intraweb application that we can run successfully on the development machine; however when we try to publish to a web server and try to use SSL we get this message " Could not load SSL library " what am i missing..!. I am unable to find any documentation on how to successfully deploy and SA application on a windows server using SSL. Please help? Regards Ned Hello Do you have libeay32.dll in the same folder as your application? Best Regards Plp Em 27/01/2014 18:31, Ned Bishay escreveu: > Hi, > ...

EIdOSSLCouldNotLoadSSLLibrary wit message 'Could not load SSL library
Hello, I am inheriting native C++ application and new to C++. The application involves connecting to remote service. When I am running my app, i am encountering the following error: *Project XXXX.exe raised exception class EIdOSSLCouldNotLoadSSLLibrary wit message 'Could not load SSL library'.* I searched through the forums and they mentioned about Indy SLL. So I checked the project options and saw that Indy 10 packages are selected/included. I am not sure how to deal with this problem - so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! In order to use SSL, you need the...

Indy "Cannot load SSL library" issues -- again
Perhaps I'm in DLL hell. I've got a two-fold problem. I have one development environment with Delphi7 on an XP box. I have another, to which we're migrating, with D2010 under Win7. In that environment, I've been trying to track down my load failure. We got libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll in the same ..\bin folder as the using application. In the Indy code in IdSSLOpenSSLHeaders, the Load function succeeds in finding and loading the DLLs, then proceeds into a series of about 186 LoadFunction() or LoadFunctio nClib() calls to find & load individual functions. Of these, 24 are ...

Error "Could not load SSL library" on idHttp.Post
I have an application used to update client license data on our website via https calls. I am using the TidHttp component in a class for handling the transfers. When I run this on my computer all is well and the whole transaction proceeds as intended, but when an employee tested it on his PC he got an exception with message "Could not load SSL library" on a Post command. In the constructor I have this: {code} constructor TAppWebHandler.Create(BaseUrl: string); begin FIdFTP := TIdFTP.Create(NIL); FHttp := TIdHTTP.Create(NIL); FIoHandl := TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL...

Posting xml-file to third party webservice; Could not load SSL library
I want to post a xml-file to a third party webservice. This is my code: {code} procedure TXmlSendDlg.BtnSendClick(Sender); var MyParams, AStream :TStringstream; XmlStrl, Output : TstringList; IdHttp1: TIdHttp; begin XmlStrl := Tstringlist.Create; Output := Tstringlist.Create; XmlStrl.LoadFromFile(XmlSendDlg.XmlFileIn); MyParams := TStringstream.Create(XmlStrl.text); AStream := TStringstream.Create(Output.text); IdHttp1:=TIdHttp.Create(nil); try IdHTTP1.IOHandler := IdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL1; IdHTTP1.HandleRedir...

Couldn't load SSL libraries the first time, A retry is OK
Hello! I'm using the latest indy snapshot (installed yesterday) and newest SSL libraries. When trying to send a mail using idSMTP, the first time the component connects, I get an exception: "Could't load the SSL libraries'. Funny thing is, a retry works always. Debugging I found that the problem is in IsSSLOpenSSLHeader, function Loaad: boolean, line @OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms := LoadFunctionCLib('OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms'); Why does it fail the first time and not the second is still a mystery to me, but before I go on investigating I would like to as...

SSL Library Problem - Indy
Ok firstly I know how to install SSL Library. I earlier used previously shipped version of Indy win CBuilder 2009 and had installed OpenSSL. Everything worked fine, except as everybody knows that it doesn't go well with attachment sending as it doesn't send filenames. So first I tried Arvid's solution of Editing the *IdMessageClient.pas* and editing it & compiling it. It compiled fine but gave Critical error *Could not open IDMESSAGECLIENT.OBJ* but i got my *IdMessageClient.dcl* so I replaced it in lib & lib\debug directories. & the .pas file in source folder. But n...

Delphi.NET loading Delphi.Win32 Driver
Hi, What I'm trying to do is marshal an array of cardinal (or integer) back into managed memory from a win32 dll. I know how to pass managed memory into a win32 dll {code} var aa : array of Integer; Buffer : IntPtr; begin SetLength(aa,2); aa[0] := 1; aa[1] := 80; if not Supports(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Win32_Library\SDK_Driver.Win32.io', TypeOf(IMyFunctions), MyFunctions) then Exit; //loads the driver into memory. MyFunctions contains the method names found in the SDK_Driver. Buffer := Marshal.AllocHGlobal(2 * {Marshal.SystemDefaultC...

Load Error: Load Library Failed for PKVM15u.dll
Using Pocket PC 2002 Emulator and PPB 1.5 Build 360. In the Code Examples I took BarCodeTest app and deployed it to PPC 2002 Emulator. When it loads up I get this error: "Load Error: Load Library Failed for PKVM15u.dll" How do I fix this? Did you install the PPB runtime on the emulator? vk wrote: > > Using Pocket PC 2002 Emulator and PPB 1.5 Build 360. > > In the Code Examples I took BarCodeTest app and deployed it > to PPC 2002 Emulator. When it loads up I get this error: > "Load Error: Load Library Failed for PKVM15u.dll" > >...

Web resources about - Could not Load SSL Library - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library's collection can include books , periodicals , newspapers , manuscripts , films , maps , prints , documents , microform , CDs , cassettes ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

National Library publishes New Year Surprise by Christopher Cheng and Di Wu
Di Wu channelled his childhood experiences of celebrating Chinese New Year in the cold climate of northern China to illustrate his latest book. ...

Feature Request: iCloud Photo Library needs a purge downloads button à la Google Photos
I’ve been all in on iCloud Photo Library since Apple replaced iPhoto with the new Photos app on the Mac last year and I haven’t looked back since. ...

Carry your entire ePub library in your pocket with Hyphen
... eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks Goodreads Book Recommendations and Reviews for great Books and eBooks Carry your entire ePub library ...

SOM creates circular library in Chicago’s Chinatown
SOM incorporated principles from Feng Shui, the ancient Chinese design philosophy, while conceiving the new Chinatown Branch Library in Chicago ...

NY Public Library releases 180,000 free public domain pictures
The New York Public Library has made 180,000 old-timey, out-of-copyright pictures available as high-res downloads through its Digital Collections ...

The New York Public Library Just Uploaded Over 187,000 Free Images For All To Use
While it’s easy to forget just how many things are actually in the public domain, the New York Public Library is very much into making sure that ...

LEED Gold-seeking Chicago Chinatown library embodies ancient Feng Shui
Read the rest of LEED Gold-seeking Chicago Chinatown library embodies ancient Feng Shui