Closing App on Android

I have a button with the Close method.  When I press it on Andriod, it does not close the app.  I see it stop on the Close statement repeatedly, but when I continue with Run it does not close.
0
Douglas

Try Application.Terminate;

> {quote:title=Douglas Downs wrote:}{quote}
> I have a button with the Close method.  When I press it on Andriod, it does not close the app.  I see it stop on the Close statement repeatedly, but when I continue with Run it does not close.
0
Manuel
9/29/2013 7:48:24 PM
> Try Application.Terminate;

that does not work

an unhandled user called back button on mainform will cose the app
0
Brian
9/29/2013 8:17:08 PM
You can use System.Halt() with an exit code or don't set Key := 0 in the keyboard event
0
Brett
9/29/2013 9:07:21 PM
> You can use System.Halt()

that only halts the app though...its still there in memory
you could I guess use that and a form.hide together
0
Brian

How to fully close a Delphi-XE5 Android App?
This has been asked before but not fully answered. I want to exit an app for two reasons. 1. on startup if problems with the data files and (I'd also like to know to handle this case on IOS too!) 2. from a back-button press Other answere here and elsewhere got answers of using: SharedActivity.Finish; or MainActivity.Finish; Both appear to close the window but neither exit the application as in debug mode the program does not end in Delphi and the application is still running on the device itself. The apps seem to eventually go away when in that state, but if you tr...

[SOLVED] Delphi XE5
Hello, I have a very simple program that works perfectly. But if I add a TIdTcpClient component on my form, with no change in the properties or event, just add it, then application crash when exiting with the hardware return button. What is wrong ? thank you Franck {code} unit FormTestModbusXE; interface uses System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Classes, System.Variants, FMX.Types, FMX.Controls, FMX.Forms, FMX.Graphics, FMX.Dialogs, FMX.TabControl, FMX.StdCtrls, FMX.Edit, FMX.Layouts, FMX.ListBox, IdBaseComponent, IdComponent, IdTCPConnection, Id...

XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store
My app is finally in the App Store. My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here. Xavier Dufaure de Citres ----- _*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_ XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC. You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands. In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independen...

Get the fat out from XE5 Android apps
In the modern mobile OSes (like iOS and Android) the applications are run into a sandbox for more control, security and performance reasons and there are no (easy) ways to separate/use a "runtime" library (in Delphi's case RTL + FireMonkey) to be shared by multiple apps. This problem is common to all mobile x-plat runtimes/wrappers like Adobe AIR (http://www.adobe.com/products/air.html) or Mono (http://www.mono-project.com). In Delphi's case the problem with the increasingly fat apps (statically linking RTL + FireMonkey to the application binary) comes from the non-optimi...

Android App does not close...
I am experimenting with Android App development in XE5 and I noted a strange thing that confuses me a lot. In Windows programs whenever you close the main form the application exits. But when I put Close; in the OnClick event of a button the application does not react at all when that button is tapped, why is it like that? And how can I close the app properly? I do not want it to stay running in the background, which will happen if I switch to the home page for instance. -- Bo Berglund Developer in Sweden ...

How to close Android App ??
XE5 Firemonkey Android app... I can not close the App by method of [Application.Terminate;] or [Form1.Close; ] ...and so on How to close Android App ?? > {quote:title=Sang Hyun Oh wrote:}{quote} > XE5 Firemonkey Android app... > > I can not close the App by method of [Application.Terminate;] or [Form1.Close; ] ...and so on > > How to close Android App ?? Confirm. I cannot close Android Delphi's App on Android too. It's look like very strange but I think it is a behaviour of Android's tasks architechture, it determines by itself what applicat...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

Delphi app not closing properly
I am the developer of a widely distributed application written in Delphi 5. Recently there have been some reports from users that when closing the app, it remains in the taskbar and can only be terminated using Task Manager. I have occasionally seen this myself and have also seen an instance where it wasn't in the taskbar but the process was still running, but I haven't found any specific action that causes it. This has only been happening for the last few months so I assume it has something to do with a recent code change, but I don't know exactly what causes this and have no id...

Pop-up on Mobile apps (FireMonkey / Delphi )
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a FireMonkey mobile app with Delphi (XE6) and since i'm really new to this i'm in need of a little bit of help. For my App i'd like to build in a subscription screen that would work like a pop-up, showing modal on the same form than the login. I've been looking around a bit on the internet but couldn't find any usefull advice. I found a video ("FireMonkey: Showing Modal form with animation and Shadow effect" from Yaroslav Brovin) thad proved me that it was possible, but was unable to find how. I'm sure it'...

Delphi app not always closing properly
I am the developer of a widely distributed application written in Delphi 5. Recently there have been some reports from users that when closing the app, it remains in the taskbar and can only be terminated using Task Manager. I have occasionally seen this myself and have also seen an instance where it wasn't in the taskbar but the process was still running, but I haven't found any specific action that causes it. This has only been happening for the last few months so I assume it has something to do with a recent code change, but I don't know exactly what causes this and have ...

Delphi X5 Android App Deployment
Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ? > {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote} > Sérgio Francisco wrote: > > Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i ...

Android App Support in Delphi ETA?
Hi -- I have read that the latest release of Delphi supports building iOS applications and that support for Linux and Android were "coming soon" and I wondered if anyone had an ETA of the ability to create Android apps? I would like to leverage my knowledge of Pascal as opposed to learning PHP to create Android apps. Thanks Rich Richard Morey wrote: > I have read that the latest release of Delphi supports building iOS > applications and that support for Linux and Android were "coming > soon" and I wondered if anyone had an ETA of the ability to crea...

Suitable Android phone for Delphi App
I work with small farmers in Africa and Asia, designing data-systems used by the companies which buy their products (coffee, vanilla, nuts etc.) Farm-inspection is a key role. Inspectors visit with lots of paper-forms and questionnaires which are filled in. Some of my users have already migrated to Windows tablets for data collection. But Windows tablets are rare and costly. I have written a couple of Android Apps. Not too big, but they will do useful "small jobs" for the inspectors. However few inspectors yet own smart phones. My client-businesses will have to buy them. ...

App closing or window closing
Is there some function that can be called or a property available at the application level to determine if the application is closing versus a window closing? I have several windows that receive broadcasts when a window closes. When the application is telling the windows to close I would like them to disregard the broadcast. Or a window is told to close by the application versus user it does not broadcast Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this Marci ...

Web resources about - Closing App on Android - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

2012 Summer Olympics closing ceremony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
51°32′19″N 0°01′00″W  /  51.53861°N 0.0166667°W  / 51.53861; -0.0166667 Coordinates : 51°32′19″N 0°01′00″W  /  51.53861°N 0.0166667°W  ...

Facebook Addresses Fake Accounts, Teen Users, WhatsApp And Oculus VR Closings In Form 10-Q
Facebook addressed duplicate and fake accounts , teen usage, and potential closing dates for its acquisitions of WhatsApp and Oculus VR in its ...

We Are All 'Closing Time': Why Semisonic's 1998 Hit Still Resonates
At some point, it was decided that in order for a song to be great, it has to “stand the test of time.” This has since become a ...

Deadline for Closing of Facebook’s WhatsApp Acquisition Pushed Back by One Year
... to certain adjustments such that the cash paid will comprise at least 25 percent of the aggregate transaction consideration. After closing, ...

CNBC's Closing Bell (@CNBCClosingBell) on Twitter

Closing time: The 7 Immutable Laws of Sales Negotiation
A group for sales and strategic account negotiation experts stop the carousel Announcement from Closing time: The 7 Immutable Laws of Sales Negotiation ...

Pope Francis holds relics of St. Peter, as he celebrates closing 'Year of Faith' Mass - YouTube
The Year of Faith came to a close with a Papal Mass in St. Peter\'s Square. Thousands came out to the Vatican to celebrate and the Pope highlighted ...

NYC's Ziegfeld movie palace closing; new theater Metrograph opening on Lower East Side
The Ziegfeld Theater, the last of NYC's massive, old-school "movie palaces," is going dark, closing for good in the next few weeks. It will then ...

Walmart closing hundreds of stores - Business Insider Deutschland
About 16,000 Walmart employees will be affected by the closings.