Can't see my Android device on the target

Hello

I'm working with Delphi XE5 and XE8 trial ver. on Win XP7 and a Galaxy 3
phone connected.
I install the USB Driver and enable USB debugging following the instruction
on the docWiki.
I still can't see my device on the target list.

If I use the standard tools to connect via USB like Kies3 or Smart Switch, I
have no problem.

Thanks Sorin
0
Sorin
8/18/2015 6:18:44 AM
embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey 4901 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Your description indicates the USB driver for debugging is not installed
properly. It comes from your vendor. What you should first do is find
the location of adb.exe. You do this via Tools | Options, Environment
Options, SDK Manager. Select the SDK tab for Android. Now that you know
where adb.exe is located, from a command prompt run:

adb devices

Almost certainly, your device will not be listed. Get this to work, and
Delphi will recognize your device. Note that Delphi XE5 will officially
support the version of Android available at that time. If you want
official support for later versions of Android, then you need to update.

Sorin Hershcu wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm working with Delphi XE5 and XE8 trial ver. on Win XP7 and a Galaxy 3
> phone connected.
> I install the USB Driver and enable USB debugging following the instruction
> on the docWiki.
> I still can't see my device on the target list.
>
> If I use the standard tools to connect via USB like Kies3 or Smart Switch, I
> have no problem.
>
> Thanks Sorin

0
quinn
8/18/2015 2:32:57 PM

Sorin Hershcu wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm working with Delphi XE5 and XE8 trial ver. on Win XP7 and a Galaxy 3
> phone connected.
> I install the USB Driver and enable USB debugging following the instruction
> on the docWiki.
> I still can't see my device on the target list.
>
> If I use the standard tools to connect via USB like Kies3 or Smart Switch, I
> have no problem.
>
> Thanks Sorin

0
quinn