Beep noise - How to in FireMonkey

Windows and Macintosh each have their signature "bad beep" noises. How do I play them in Firemonkey?
0
Michael
9/17/2014 7:15:22 PM
embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey 4901 articles. 4 followers. Follow

6 Replies
1373 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

> {quote:title=Michael Leahy wrote:}{quote}
> Windows and Macintosh each have their signature "bad beep" noises. How do I play them in Firemonkey?

It seems the Beep() call does the trick.

I'll ask about shorter faster beeps in another question.
0
Michael
9/17/2014 8:57:39 PM
> {quote:title=Michael Leahy wrote:}{quote}
> Windows and Macintosh each have their signature "bad beep" noises. How do I play them in Firemonkey?

Hi the Beep() is working when I select win 32 as target but when I select win 64 it tells me that I must add WINAPI to use this function, I need a beep function to use in win 32 win 64 and Mac OS X , I created a firemonkey application for this reason to use on multi platforms

Please assist
0
Johan
1/14/2015 9:26:05 AM
> {quote:title=Michael Leahy wrote:}{quote}
> Windows and Macintosh each have their signature "bad beep" noises. How do I play them in Firemonkey?

I use TMediaplayer to play sounds. It works on win32 and 64 and OSX and Android and iOS

Best Regards from Berlin
Edgar
0
Edgar
1/14/2015 12:26:46 PM
> {quote:title=Edgar Leifeld wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Michael Leahy wrote:}{quote}
> > Windows and Macintosh each have their signature "bad beep" noises. How do I play them in Firemonkey?
> 
> I use TMediaplayer to play sounds. It works on win32 and 64 and OSX and Android and iOS
> 
> Best Regards from Berlin
> Edgar
Thanx 
What file type do you use that is working the best with all the platforms? because I need to add that file to all the other application files.

then I can search for the fiel that make a standard beep, to use for any incorrect action in the application

Regards
0
Johan
1/14/2015 2:20:19 PM
> {quote:title=Johan Harmse wrote:}{quote}
> Thanx 
> What file type do you use that is working the best with all the platforms? because I need to add that file to all the other application files.
> 
> then I can search for the fiel that make a standard beep, to use for any incorrect action in the application
> 
> Regards
I use MP3 files, loaded them somewhere from the web

Best Regards from Berlin
Edgar
0
Edgar
1/14/2015 3:00:39 PM
> Hi the Beep() is working when I select win 32 as target but when I select win 64 it tells me that 
>I must add WINAPI to use this function, I need a beep function to use in win 32 win 64 and Mac 
> OS X , I created a firemonkey application for this reason to use on multi platforms

The compiler hint (not actually the compiler error your 'must' implies) is due to a silly decision to mark Beep inline - it doesn't mean the procedure isn't cross-plaform compatible. To see this, switch the target platform to OS X and re-compile; this time you will get a compiler hint saying to add a Posix unit to your uses clause.
0
Chris
1/17/2015 4:38:04 PM
Reply: