Android USB debugging windows 10 [Edit]

Hi
I see there is someone else reported this (thread was locked)
Its not working for me either after a windows 10 update (from windows 8.1)
does not even show in device manager...no searching for drivers..no dong..nada

seems like a missing driver with windows 10?
thanks
Brian

update
i did not have the usb plug in firmly enough on phone
now error about device descripter request failed in device manger

will keep trying

Edited by: Brian Hamilton Hamilton on Aug 17, 2015 7:13 PM
0
Brian

This procedure is a mess.

If you have a Nexus 7 (and probably others), you have to change it to act like a photo device.  Then I think you can see it in Windows, and eventually in Delphi. (Even though it had been working fine in Windows 8 before that upgrade).

You have to download some additional Android files, try various things, and eventually it works (there are about 3-5 tools that show up broken until you do that).  Keep digging in the help, since eventually I found things that made it work (including changing the Nexus 7 to be a photo device).

I am going through another reinstallation of XE at the moment, and I will try to keep track of what I have to do (my previous problems involved two different versions).
0
Peter
8/18/2015 11:04:39 PM
This procedure is a mess.

If you have a Nexus 7 (and probably others), you have to change it to act like a photo device.  Then I think you can see it in Windows, and eventually in Delphi. (Even though it had been working fine in Windows 8 before that upgrade).

You have to download some additional Android files, try various things, and eventually it works (there are about 3-5 tools that show up broken until you do that).  Keep digging in the help, since eventually I found things that made it work (including changing the Nexus 7 to be a photo device).

I am going through another reinstallation of XE at the moment, and I will try to keep track of what I have to do (my previous problems involved two different versions).

===
The other thread, probably the one I started, degenerated into discussion of how great the message boards are.  <g>

Edited by: Peter Guth on Aug 18, 2015 4:04 PM
0
Peter
8/18/2015 11:05:51 PM
Hi
I have a samsung S4
Even the Kies program (Samsung program) crashes when you run it

I might try googling for similar problems
0
Brian