Android apps OK XE5, but xe8 coming error

When i edit my apps XE5 always is OK, but XE8 coming error:
"Form 'Form1' contains an unnamed component (of type ListBoxItem). This prevents you from using multiview features."
Why???
0
Jukka

Jukka Nordstr?m wrote:

> When i edit my apps XE5 always is OK, but XE8 coming error:
> "Form 'Form1' contains an unnamed component (of type ListBoxItem).
> This prevents you from using multiview features." Why???

Most probably you've accidently deleted the name of the component. Try
to search the dfm file for lines:

{code}
object TListBoxItem
{code}
0
Lajos
8/12/2015 2:47:45 PM
Jukka wrote:

> When i edit my apps XE5 always is OK, but XE8 coming error:
>
> "Form 'Form1' contains an unnamed component (of type ListBoxItem).
> This prevents you from using multiview features."
>
> Why???

Because you have a component on your Form that does not have a Name assigned
to it.  You need to find it and give it a Name.  This is described in the
documentation:

Release Notes for XE8
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/Release_Notes_for_XE8

{quote}
Names Must Be Assigned to All Components Before Creating a New View in the
Form Designer

If you open an older FireMonkey app in XE8, you might encounter the following
error message:

 Cannot inherit from form 'FormName".  It contains a component with a blank
name property.

The new Views Inheritance system requires that you assign a name to all components
before you can create a new View in the Form Designer.
{quote}

XE5 did not have the Multi-Device Views feature.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0