Android apps OK XE5, but xe8 coming error

When i edit my apps XE5 always is OK, but XE8 coming error:
"Form 'Form1' contains an unnamed component (of type ListBoxItem). This prevents you from using multiview features."
Why???
0
Jukka
8/12/2015 7:17:52 AM
embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey 4901 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Jukka Nordstr?m wrote:

> When i edit my apps XE5 always is OK, but XE8 coming error:
> "Form 'Form1' contains an unnamed component (of type ListBoxItem).
> This prevents you from using multiview features." Why???

Most probably you've accidently deleted the name of the component. Try
to search the dfm file for lines:

{code}
object TListBoxItem
{code}
0
Lajos
8/12/2015 2:47:45 PM
Jukka wrote:

> When i edit my apps XE5 always is OK, but XE8 coming error:
>
> "Form 'Form1' contains an unnamed component (of type ListBoxItem).
> This prevents you from using multiview features."
>
> Why???

Because you have a component on your Form that does not have a Name assigned
to it.  You need to find it and give it a Name.  This is described in the
documentation:

Release Notes for XE8
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/Release_Notes_for_XE8

{quote}
Names Must Be Assigned to All Components Before Creating a New View in the
Form Designer

If you open an older FireMonkey app in XE8, you might encounter the following
error message:

 Cannot inherit from form 'FormName".  It contains a component with a blank
name property.

The new Views Inheritance system requires that you assign a name to all components
before you can create a new View in the Form Designer.
{quote}

XE5 did not have the Multi-Device Views feature.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Get the fat out from XE5 Android apps
In the modern mobile OSes (like iOS and Android) the applications are run into a sandbox for more control, security and performance reasons and there are no (easy) ways to separate/use a "runtime" library (in Delphi's case RTL + FireMonkey) to be shared by multiple apps. This problem is common to all mobile x-plat runtimes/wrappers like Adobe AIR (http://www.adobe.com/products/air.html) or Mono (http://www.mono-project.com). In Delphi's case the problem with the increasingly fat apps (statically linking RTL + FireMonkey to the application binary) comes from the non-optimi...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

How to fully close a Delphi-XE5 Android App?
This has been asked before but not fully answered. I want to exit an app for two reasons. 1. on startup if problems with the data files and (I'd also like to know to handle this case on IOS too!) 2. from a back-button press Other answere here and elsewhere got answers of using: SharedActivity.Finish; or MainActivity.Finish; Both appear to close the window but neither exit the application as in debug mode the program does not end in Delphi and the application is still running on the device itself. The apps seem to eventually go away when in that state, but if you tr...

Help Delphi xe5 develop Android App
Hello i have problem for develop android app and use emulator the xe5 failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]. how to fix the problem ...

Delphi XE5 update 2 stops all Android Apps Compiling
Hello Downloaded and installed XE5 Update 2 after un-installing RAD Studio XE5 now none of my Android apps will compile, all of which were compiling before. Get Linkage error message such as:- [DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001) Tried doing build and deleting .o .dcu and .apk files Checked Android SDK installed and the NDK This is a bad situation and any help most appreciated. Clive Morgan wrote: > [DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001) If you create a new application for Android, do you have the same issue? -- Dave Nottage ...

android - firemonkey
Hi! I'm trying to conect (using android) to a mysql server in my network. The app is very very easy...dropped a button and an fdconnection... runing on win32 it's ok, running on my device i get this error when trying to connect to the db: [FireDAC][Phys]-300. Driver [MySQL] is not registered. To register it, you can drop component [TFDPhysMYSQLDriverLink] into your project. The mentioned component is not "droppable" onto my project.... Any idea? Many thanks!!!! MySQL connections are not supported on Android. -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / Fi...

Delphi XE5 serious abnormal Debug / Operation Android App
After about 2 weeks of work on a project of an App Android / iOS already published on the App Store and Google Play I found the following errors: 1 - If I compile the project target device debugging the app works perfectly if it is in the foreground all goes well for hours while if I leave in the background debugging ends after a few hours and the compiler returns to stop mode but the app is still running on device. 2 - If I compile the project target device debugging the app works perfectly close the compiler I disconnect the device and I'm going to do anything else with the device...

Delphi XE5 Android App dies preparing INDY email [Edit]
Can someone help me with the following code, it connects and authenticates the idsmtp connection but the app dies on the line:- idMessage1.Recipients.EMailAddresses:='colin@gmail.com'; Anyone had and overcome this problem? procedure TForm3.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin if idSMtp1.Connected = true then idsmtp1.Disconnect; idsmtp1.Connect; //THIS LINE WORKS idSmtp1.Authenticate; //THIS LINE WORKS idMessage1.Clear; //THIS LINE WORKS ...

Change a button color Delphi XE5 Ent and Android mobile app
I have been trying for a couple days now to simply change the color of a button on an Android app. Is there anyway do this or change the color of almost any control? I tried the Stylebook control, but could not get too far with it. ...

"Socket error # 10061 Connection refused" in a Firemonkey Android app
Goodmorning everybody, I'm developping a Client/Server Android (version 4.1) application with Delphi XE5 and Indy Componant v10.6 When I run the app on the tablet, the IdTCPServer is correctly activated (see the server code below) but when I try to reach it from the PC app with an IdTCPClient (see the client code below), I get this exception "Socket error # 10061 Connection refused" !!! SERVER CODE (running on the tablet) Server.Bindings.Add.IPVersion:=Id_IPv4; Server.DefaultPort:=9000; Server.Active:=true; CLIENT CODE (running on PC) Client.Host:='192.168.241...

[SOLVED] Delphi XE5
Hello, I have a very simple program that works perfectly. But if I add a TIdTcpClient component on my form, with no change in the properties or event, just add it, then application crash when exiting with the hardware return button. What is wrong ? thank you Franck {code} unit FormTestModbusXE; interface uses System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Classes, System.Variants, FMX.Types, FMX.Controls, FMX.Forms, FMX.Graphics, FMX.Dialogs, FMX.TabControl, FMX.StdCtrls, FMX.Edit, FMX.Layouts, FMX.ListBox, IdBaseComponent, IdComponent, IdTCPConnection, Id...

New video of camera surveillance app made with Delphi XE5 and FireMonkey [Edit]
Hello guys I know that most of you have already seen the video from our mobile camera surveillance system, but today I uploaded a new video showing the final version, which has a much better interface than the previous version, along with some nice features that you all will like to see. I would recommend the PTZ and Virtual Matrix sections which shows some nice GUI controls made with Firemonkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lQGA8-sO9w The app is also available for download for Android, instructions are available on the video description > {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha w...

FNF Ifive X2 Tablet PC is support for Delphi XE5 Android app?
Hi~ I do not speak English. I want to buy for the development device of the FNF Ifive X2 Tablet PC. FNF Ifive X2 Tablet PC is support the Delphi XE5 app? or not support? If FNF Ifive X2 do not support I will change android device. Please answer. Have nice day. Am 28.09.2013 18:58, schrieb Yang YYm: > Hi~ > > I do not speak English. > > I want to buy for the development device of the FNF Ifive X2 Tablet PC. > > FNF Ifive X2 Tablet PC is support the Delphi XE5 app? or not support? > > If FNF Ifive X2 do not support I will change android...

Android app Error Unfortunately the app has stopped
I created one android app, done a alpha and beta testing in the android play store. After the successful testing i published the same APK in the production. But after the installation when open the app I am getting the error message 'Unfortunately the app has stopped". What could the reason? > {quote:title=Pramod Nair wrote:}{quote} > I created one android app, done a alpha and beta testing in the android play store. After the successful testing i published the same APK in the production. But after the installation when open the app I am getting the error message 'Unf...