"Add Platform" is disabled

I've just returned from a week away and for some reason one of my Firemonkey iPad apps now only shows Win32 and Win64 in the "Target Platform" list.

I've opened up some other projects and they do have the iOS, Mac and Android platforms in the list but what is worrying is that no matter what I do,  the "Add Platform" option is disabled.

I've got a project I need to build asap for iPad but I'm unable to do this.

I'm using XE7 with the Mobile add-on.

Does anyone here know what is causing this problem and how I can get the "Add Platform" option enabled again?

Thanks,
Graham
-1
Graham
1/21/2015 2:48:38 PM
embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey 4901 articles. 4 followers. Follow

8 Replies
2838 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 55

I suggest looking at a dproj for a good project and your bad one. You 
should be able to easily edit your bad dproj and fix it up. Another way 
to go is create a new project and your existing units to the new project.

Graham Murt wrote:
> I've just returned from a week away and for some reason one of my Firemonkey iPad apps now only shows Win32 and Win64 in the "Target Platform" list.
>
> I've opened up some other projects and they do have the iOS, Mac and Android platforms in the list but what is worrying is that no matter what I do,  the "Add Platform" option is disabled.
>
> I've got a project I need to build asap for iPad but I'm unable to do this.
>
> I'm using XE7 with the Mobile add-on.
>
> Does anyone here know what is causing this problem and how I can get the "Add Platform" option enabled again?
>
> Thanks,
> Graham
>
-1
quinn
1/21/2015 4:33:54 PM
Hi Quin,

For now I created a new project,  and moved the existing forms/units across to that one.  This re-populated the iOS, Android in the platform list so that's a quick fix for now.

The main worry is that the "Add Platform" option (when right-clicking) is now disabled for all projects (including new ones) and I've no idea why.

I would feel more comfortable if I knew what caused this and could re-enable it.

Kind regards,
Graham


> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> I suggest looking at a dproj for a good project and your bad one. You 
> should be able to easily edit your bad dproj and fix it up. Another way 
> to go is create a new project and your existing units to the new project.
> 
> Graham Murt wrote:
> > I've just returned from a week away and for some reason one of my Firemonkey iPad apps now only shows Win32 and Win64 in the "Target Platform" list.
> >
> > I've opened up some other projects and they do have the iOS, Mac and Android platforms in the list but what is worrying is that no matter what I do,  the "Add Platform" option is disabled.
> >
> > I've got a project I need to build asap for iPad but I'm unable to do this.
> >
> > I'm using XE7 with the Mobile add-on.
> >
> > Does anyone here know what is causing this problem and how I can get the "Add Platform" option enabled again?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Graham
> >
-1
Graham
1/21/2015 4:43:21 PM
Graham wrote:

> I've just returned from a week away and for some reason one of my
> Firemonkey iPad apps now only shows Win32 and Win64 in the "Target
> Platform" list.
> 
> I've opened up some other projects and they do have the iOS, Mac and
> Android platforms in the list but what is worrying is that no matter
> what I do,  the "Add Platform" option is disabled.

Open the project's DPROJ file and make sure the "<Platforms>" node has entries 
for the desired platforms and that they are set to True:

{code}
            <Platforms>
                <Platform value="Android" ActiveMobileDevice="embt14_android">True</Platform>
                <Platform value="iOSDevice">True</Platform>
                <Platform value="iOSSimulator" ActiveMobileDevice="iPhone">True</Platform>
                <Platform value="OSX32">True</Platform>
                <Platform value="Win32">True</Platform>
                <Platform value="Win64">True</Platform>
            </Platforms>
{code}

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
-1
Remy
1/21/2015 5:40:34 PM
Graham Murt wrote:
> I would feel more comfortable if I knew what caused this and could re-enable it.

Was your project ever touched by another edition - like trial, or maybe 
Professional without mobile? I think there is some combination going 
this way that can cause your problem. I have heard of your problem once 
before and something like this seems to have been the cause. The 
solution was as has been suggested - edit the dproj.
-1
quinn
1/21/2015 5:50:44 PM
Hi Remy,

Thanks for your reply. I had a feeling that it was the project file which may be the problem with the platforms not appearing so rather than modify it, I simply created a new project and transferred the forms/units to it.

I'm still confused as to why the "Add Platform" option is disabled in my XE7.  Not causing any immediate problems but I can see future issues if I need to use this option.

Kind regards,
Graham 


> {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Graham wrote:
> 
> > I've just returned from a week away and for some reason one of my
> > Firemonkey iPad apps now only shows Win32 and Win64 in the "Target
> > Platform" list.
> > 
> > I've opened up some other projects and they do have the iOS, Mac and
> > Android platforms in the list but what is worrying is that no matter
> > what I do,  the "Add Platform" option is disabled.
> 
> Open the project's DPROJ file and make sure the "<Platforms>" node has entries 
> for the desired platforms and that they are set to True:
> 
> {code}
>             <Platforms>
>                 <Platform value="Android" ActiveMobileDevice="embt14_android">True</Platform>
>                 <Platform value="iOSDevice">True</Platform>
>                 <Platform value="iOSSimulator" ActiveMobileDevice="iPhone">True</Platform>
>                 <Platform value="OSX32">True</Platform>
>                 <Platform value="Win32">True</Platform>
>                 <Platform value="Win64">True</Platform>
>             </Platforms>
> {code}
> 
> -- 
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Graham
1/21/2015 5:51:14 PM
Forgot to say,  the "disabled" option issue feels to me like more of a Delphi issue rather than a project specific issue.

Could be wrong though

Kind regards,
Graham

> {quote:title=Graham Murt wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Remy,
> 
> Thanks for your reply. I had a feeling that it was the project file which may be the problem with the platforms not appearing so rather than modify it, I simply created a new project and transferred the forms/units to it.
> 
> I'm still confused as to why the "Add Platform" option is disabled in my XE7.  Not causing any immediate problems but I can see future issues if I need to use this option.
> 
> Kind regards,
> Graham 
> 
> 
> > {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> > Graham wrote:
> > 
> > > I've just returned from a week away and for some reason one of my
> > > Firemonkey iPad apps now only shows Win32 and Win64 in the "Target
> > > Platform" list.
> > > 
> > > I've opened up some other projects and they do have the iOS, Mac and
> > > Android platforms in the list but what is worrying is that no matter
> > > what I do,  the "Add Platform" option is disabled.
> > 
> > Open the project's DPROJ file and make sure the "<Platforms>" node has entries 
> > for the desired platforms and that they are set to True:
> > 
> > {code}
> >             <Platforms>
> >                 <Platform value="Android" ActiveMobileDevice="embt14_android">True</Platform>
> >                 <Platform value="iOSDevice">True</Platform>
> >                 <Platform value="iOSSimulator" ActiveMobileDevice="iPhone">True</Platform>
> >                 <Platform value="OSX32">True</Platform>
> >                 <Platform value="Win32">True</Platform>
> >                 <Platform value="Win64">True</Platform>
> >             </Platforms>
> > {code}
> > 
> > -- 
> > Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Graham
1/21/2015 5:52:19 PM
Graham wrote:

> I'm still confused as to why the "Add Platform" option is disabled in
> my XE7.

Hard to say without knowing if the original project was missing the relevant 
<Platforms> entries or not.  The IDE won't let you add a new platform if 
it thinks all available platforms have already been added.

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
1/21/2015 6:01:29 PM
Ah, looks like this was the problem.

I just deleted the iMac profile and the "Add Platform" option becomes available again.

I guess the original project files became corrupt somehow but the IDE thought all platforms were still enabled.

All sorted now, thanks again!

Graham

> {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Graham wrote:
> 
> > I'm still confused as to why the "Add Platform" option is disabled in
> > my XE7.
> 
> Hard to say without knowing if the original project was missing the relevant 
> <Platforms> entries or not.  The IDE won't let you add a new platform if 
> it thinks all available platforms have already been added.
> 
> -- 
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Graham
1/21/2015 6:22:42 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

js Attributes.Add("disabled", "false")
 hi friends i do disable textbox with txt.Attributes.Add("disabled", "true") om pageload but i cant it enable it with txt.Attributes.Add("disabled", "false")how can i do it?thanks instead do this id its an asp.net control then <asp:TextBox ID="Text1" runat="server" Text="Text" /> In code Text1.Enabled = false Text1.Enabled = true   If its a html control add runat = "server" tag <input id = "txtDate" runat = "server" name = "txtDate" type = "text&quo...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
Today I reinstall XE2 with update 1, when I try to run the application, I got following error message, I am sure it used to works fine before rebuilding my PC. [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. so what I can do now to work around it? solved, I removed the environment varible platform(platform=win32) and not get this error message again. > {qu...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages: {code} [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. {code} Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any prob...

NOT SOLVED "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable
Hello, Just installed (21st February 2012) Delphi XE2 Starter. Build 16.0.4276.44006 *Installed Updates* (RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and C++ Builder Update 1) (BTW why can't this info be copied instead of typing from Help>About) Got: *[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable* when trying to run 1st Sample VBlock (BTW why there is no standard Hello World to show that IDE works?) *In spite of CASE SOLVED:* Report #: 98901 Status: Closed "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32...

How does one add a "new" platform or "new" OS to Bugzilla?
How does one add a "new" platform or "new" OS to Bugzilla? syedk01, On 22 Apr 2005 10:55:18 -0700, syedk01@hotmail.com <syedk01@hotmail.com> wrote: > How does one add a "new" platform or "new" OS to Bugzilla? one edits localconfig (or, on the tip, one opens editvalues.cgi in the browser). Regards Marc -- http://wurblzap.net/ Bugzilla hosting and professional support or, on the tip, one opens editvalues.cgi in the browser). How does one open that ? On 25 Apr 2005 16:55:02 -0700, syedk01@hotmail.com <sye...

Precedence of "where" ("of", "is", "will")?
Nobody on #perl6 today could answer this one. Is: Str | Int where { $_ } the same as: (Str | Int) where { $_ } or: Str | (Int where { $_ }) ? Followup questions, Mr. President: What kind of operators are "where", "of", "is", and "will"? Is there a reason that S03 doesn't list them? What are their precedence(s)? -- Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <chip@pobox.com> Open Source is not an excuse to write fun code then leave the actual work to others. Chip Salzenberg writes: &...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")
Do you know anyway for me to exclude a subset of columns returned by this function. We have two columns (rec_user and rec_datetime) which are in all of our tables, but when generating triggers I want automatically generate a script which does not include those two columns but does include all other columns in that table. Bruce I should add that I am using PD 9.0.0.580. Bruce "Bruce Lamb" <lamb.bruce@mayo.edu> wrote in message news:6HgI315nCHA.155@forums.sybase.com... > Do you know anyway for me to exclude a subset of columns returned by this > function. ...

"Add" and "Add Another" LinkButtons with a PostBackURL and a Redirect
I have a page that allows a user to add a record.  It is a FormView and it has 3 LinkButtons at the bottom.  I would like the "Add" LinkButton to add the record and redirect to a list of records page.  I would like the "Add Another" LinkButton to add the record and stay on the same insert a record page so the user can add another record.  I would like the "Cancel" LinkButton to send the user back to the list of records page.I have the "Cancel" working using a PostBackURL.I have the "Add Another" working because it automati...

Are there different between ViewState.Add("key","Word"); and ViewState["key"] = "Word";
I think the 1 and 2 are complete same, is it correct? 1. ViewState.Add("key","Word"); 2. ViewState["key"] = "Word";SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator You are correct, option 2 is short hand for option 1.Philip Beadle (MVP, MCAD, MCT DotNetNuke Core Team)...

quotes, quotes, quotes...
I am getting this error and I know what is causing it, but I have no idea how to fix it, any help would be great. The script steps through the /var/log/messages file on a linux server and puts The entries into a mysql database. However when it gets to the 'hlt' line in the messages file it just barfs. The single quotes are freaking it out. I know about quotes but not how to use in this situation. Thanks, Paul Error: May 27 17:53:00 localhost kernel: Checking 'hlt' instruction... OK. <----- doesn't like this in the messages file DBD::mysql::st exec...

[Delphi XE2] "Search projects" missing in "Add to Project" dialog box [Edit]
"Search projects" missing in "Add to Project" dialog box when using windows classic theme (windows 7 64bits). Notepad on the contrary still have the "Seacrh ..." box in its open file dialog. Check the images below(they are not mine but show the issue) This one does have the "search document" box in the upper right corner. http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9518/dialog2.png This one does not have it. http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4793/dialogl.png Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. ...

"Add Web Reference" -vs- "Add Service Reference"
I've noticed that in VS 2008 I can add a reference to a web service through "Add Service Reference..." or "Add Web Reference".  It appears that either of these approaches works but there are some differences in the naming of the client-side proxy that's generated.. Does "Add Service Reference" take advantage of the 3.5 framework?  Does this approach gain any efficiencies if I'm still adding the reference for an asmx web service rather than a WCF service?  Or does "Add Service Reference" for an asmx web service just pr...

[Suggestion] Add a "Restart " button in "Add-ons" form
Name: Claudio Email: togixatliberodotit Product: Firefox Summary: [Suggestion] Add a "Restart " button in "Add-ons" form Comments: Hi, my name is Claudio and I’m here because I’ve noticed one thing during all this time that I use Firefox (nowadays it’s about two years): when a new Add-on is installed and activate, or a new Theme is selected, a string appears and suggest to restart the browser in order to use it. But sometimes there are many tabs opened and we have to delay the reload and see the effects of the changes. So what I think that could be u...

Web resources about - "Add Platform" is disabled - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Resources last updated: 12/23/2015 7:46:27 PM