Unable to upgrade FireDAC with XE6 Professional - Error 2343 [Edit]

Hi,

We have XE6 Professional and FireDAC Addon Pack license.

I select "Modify, Repair, Uninstall" from Start Menu, then select "Upgrade" and enter FireDAC Addon Serial. Then I proceed the setup as it is. Somewhere around %61 it gets error 2343. Tried the registry trick from support.codegear.com/article/39559 although it is for Delphi 2009; but that did not work.

What should I do?

Thank you.

Edited by: Alper Kaya on Jul 2, 2014 5:43 AM
0
Alper

It seems I was supposed to use License Manager and Register FireDAC Addon Serial from there. I do not need to "Upgrade".

Problem is solved.
0
Alper
7/2/2014 12:53:57 PM
I cannot explain why your solution worked, as Modify, Repair, Uninstall
then Upgrade is what you are supposed to do.

Alper Kaya wrote:
> It seems I was supposed to use License Manager and Register FireDAC Addon Serial from there. I do not need to "Upgrade".
>
> Problem is solved.
0
quinn

FireDAC XE6 unable to connect to MySQL database [Edit]
Hello, today I created my first database app with Delphi XE6 professional (+ Firedac client/server). While there was no problem with Firebird database, I can not connect to MySQL database. As it's my first database application, I have to describe all the steps in detail; 1. I created vcl form app 2. I put FDConnection component, changed drivername to FB 3. In params: DriverID=FB Database=D:\EMPLOYEE.FDB User_Name=SYSDBA Password=masterkey Protocol=TCPIP Server=localhost changed connected to True; (connection is OK after these steps) 4. I added TFDQuery, changed connection...

FireDAc acess VS IBX in Delphi XE6
Dear Sir, I've been testing both tecnhologies: IBX and FireDac access for local and remote acess o Firebase database. In local access i foud no sucth diference. However in remote accesse FiraDac takes 10 to 20 time more the IBX and i wonder why? In both cases i used ZEBEDEE in order to improove access. Here goes a piece of the code i use: With MyFDacConnection Do begin Params.Add('CharacterSet=WIN1252'); Params.Add('user_name=' + Uppercase( User ) ) ; Params.Add('Password=' + Password ); Params.Add('ExtendedMetadata=...

Delphi XE6 How to link FastReport components to FireDAC components?
Hi to all. I'm wondering on how to link FastReport componets to FireDAC components. A Delphi XE article "Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAC)" tells about some misterious component called "TfrxComponents" that is used to do de job but I can't find it nowhere. FastReport demos uses ADOTables and ADOQuerys but no FDQueys neither FDTables. Is there any source code example for doing this? I'll appreciate any link than can help me to best understand my trouble. Regards, Hernando. First of all, FastReports has a propensity to uninstall itself. S...

Delphi XE6 How to link FastReport components to FireDAC components?
Hi to all. I'm wondering on how to link FastReport componets to FireDAC components. A Delphi XE article "Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAC)" tells about some misterious component called "TfrxComponents" that is used to do de job but I can't find it nowhere. FastReport demos uses ADOTables and ADOQuerys but no FDQueys neither FDTables. Is there any source code example for doing this? I'll appreciate any link than can help me to best understand my trouble. Regards, Hernando. Please, contact FastReports company regarding FireDAC / FastRepor...

FireDAC XE6: Unable to create MS Access 2010 database
Hi, I'm using Delphi XE6. MS Office 2010 is installed in my machine ( as does my customer). I follow the instructions to install the latest ODBC driver (using /passive in the command line). Control panels shows : Microsoft Access database engine 2010 (English) - 14.0.7015.1000 We can create an empty MS Access Database in "2007 - 2010" format (via Explorer->New->MS Access Database). MS Access itself displays the version in the application caption. However when I create the database using my application and FireDAC, all I get is "Access 2002 - 200...

Delphi XE6 FireDAC FDQuery.Prepared turns to False unexpectedly
Hi to all, I'm migrating my source code from DBExpress to FireDAC and have this code: {code} FDQuery1.Close; if not FDQuery1.Prepared then begin FDQuery1.Params.Clear; FDQuery1.SQL.Text := 'SELECT FROM my_table WHERE id >= :limit_a AND id < :limit_b'; FDQuery1.Params.CreateParam(ftInteger, 'limit_a', ptInput); FDQuery1.Params.CreateParam(ftInteger, 'limit_b', ptInput); FDQuery1.Prepared := True; end; FDQuery1.ParamByName('limit_a').AsInteger := SomeInt; FDQuery1.ParamByName('limit_b').AsInteger := SomeInt + ...

Delphi XE6 FireDAC SQLite copy a table from one database to another
How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a simple command to do this? Thanks! > How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a simple command to do this? Thanks! You should use ATTACH command. For example: {code} ATTACH 'c:\secondDB.sdb' AS sec; INSERT INTO SomeTab SELECT * FROM sec.SomeTab; {code} -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect Thanks! > {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote} > > How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a...

FireDac
Hello, I am using Delphi XE4 and facing a problem with FireDac (8.0.5) and MySQL. I'm trying to get the last 100 records from a large table (20 million rows). When I run the following SQL: {code}select * from largetable order by FId limit 100{code} in MySQL Workbench it returns in 0.2 seconds. When I run the above SQL in Delphi through an ADQuery it never returns (Delphi freezes). Any Ideas ? Thank you ...

Not selling Delphi Professional edition in China?! [Edit]
Hi, I want to buy Delphi 2010 *Professional* in China, but all the resellers say they resell the Enterprise and above versions only, I tried buying in the online store, but it seems that it accepts only US citizens only? Please, provide me as a PRC citizen a way to purchase a legal copy of Delphi 2010 *Professional*! And I prefer *buy it online*! As you might know, for various reasons a lot of users use cracked versions of software, but things have been becoming better, especially for the software development tool market, you know many individuals use Delphi to write software and ...

FireDAC / Delphi XE7 / Firebird 2.5 + Dialect 3: Key fields turn upper case [Edit]
Hi, When working wih a SQL dialect 3 database and field names in upper/lower case, I used to reference those fields in double quotes on my old Delphi 2010 with IBX, which worked well enough. After migrating to XE7 with the latest FireDAC, I set IndexFieldNames to "Mmm" including the double quotes. "Mmm" is also my only primary key field. When opening the table, FireDAC executes an SQL statement that ends with {code}ORDER BY A."Mmm" ASC, A.MMM ASC{code} which of course delivers an exception because there is no field MMM. I hope it is ok if I post some singl...

FireDAC / Delphi XE7 / Firebird 2.5 + Dialect 3: Key fields turn upper case [Edit]
Hi, When working wih a SQL dialect 3 database and field names in upper/lower case, I used to reference those fields in double quotes on my old Delphi 2010 with IBX, which worked well enough. After migrating to XE7 with the latest FireDAC, I set IndexFieldNames to "Mmm" including the double quotes. When opening the table, FireDAC executes an SQL statement that ends with {code}ORDER BY A."Mmm" ASC, A.MMM ASC{code} which of course delivers an exception because there is no field MMM. I hope it is ok if I post some single lines of code here to explain the issue - no copyri...

FireDAC / Delphi XE7 / Firebird 2.5 + Dialect 3: Key fields turn upper case [Edit] #2
Hi, When working wih a SQL dialect 3 database and field names in upper/lower case, I used to reference those fields in double quotes on my old Delphi 2010 with IBX, which worked well enough. After migrating to XE7 with the latest FireDAC, I set IndexFieldNames to "Mmm" including the double quotes. "Mmm" is also my only primary key field. When opening the table, FireDAC executes an SQL statement that ends with {code}ORDER BY A."Mmm" ASC, A.MMM ASC{code} which of course delivers an exception because there is no field MMM. I hope it is ok if I post some singl...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source ro remove this issue. I suggest to the FireDAC newgroup. You'll probably get a better response there. Sebastian Kumor wrote: > Hello, > I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, > My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. > It doesn't work. Mayb...

Web resources about - Unable to upgrade FireDAC with XE6 Professional - Error 2343 [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

Professional - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In narrow usage, not all expertise is considered a profession. Although sometimes referred to as professions, occupations such as skilled construction ...

Richie McCaw ends All Blacks career with retirement from professional rugby
Richie McCaw departs with global acknowledgement as the game's finest flanker, one of the best players of all time and as an outstanding leader. ...

Thousands of health professionals 'actively monitored' to protect public: AHPRA
Thousands of health professionals are being actively monitored by authorities because they have a criminal history, drug problem, health impairment, ...

Adobe creative professionals offer first hands-on impressions using iPad Pro
Adobe is one company patiently waiting for the launch of the new iPad Pro as the firm in recent months has prepared for what it expects to be ...

Sandra Smith Says Fox Biz Will ‘Host A Professional, Informative Debate’
Tomorrow night’s GOP debate on Fox Business Network is arguably the most important night in the history of the network. It’s the first time the ...

A Bold and Textured Bachelor Pad — Professional Project
Pin it Project by: Denise Wilson Location: New York, New York Now this is how you do texture! From the walls, to the rugs, to the pillows there ...

Why aren’t there more professional apps for the iPad Pro?
Much has been made about the lack of professional software for the iPad Pro so far. This is a problem that doesnt look to go away anytime soon, ...

Michael Fassbender is so sexy, even professional horses get turned on
Just in case anyone needed some Michael Fassbender today, I wanted to cover these two clips from this weekend’ Graham Norton Show . Personally, ...

American Airlines Loses Professional Dancer’s $250K Prosthetic Leg, Finds It In Another Country
If you thought the airline losing your suitcase of souvenirs was rough, imagine if they lost a bag with your prosthetic leg. That’s apparently ...

What Is New In Sustainability Reporting? What Do Supply Chain Professionals Need To Know About It?
These kinds of reports help supply chain and operations professionals understand what may be required of them in the not so distant future. So ...