sql server not returning column metadata in certain cases

Using a firedac TFDQuery with a join on SQL Server gives unpredictable results regarding the OrigTabName and OrigColName.
(using extendedmetadata)

It seems the order of the fields in the selectlist has influence???
Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

The first example does NOT give the original tablename and original field.
The second example DOES give them.
// first
select
  B.ID,
  A.ID
from
inner join
  B on B.ID = A.B_ID
where
  A.ID = :SomeParam

// second
select
  A.ID,
  B.ID
from
inner join
  B on B.ID = A.B_ID
where
  A.ID = :SomeParam
0
eric

FireDAC requires that first column in the SELECT list must belong to the first table in FROM clause.
Otherwise column origins info is considered as is invalid and is reset.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

SQL Server
I'm using PB 6.0 and SQL Server 6.5, I would like to know why the column Name in My DW are case sensitive ? When i open a dw, PB could not reconstruct graphical, i must change the name of my column : employe.name -> employe.NAME Is someone who can help me, it's urgent Thank's ETIENNE St�phane Yes i'm agree, but how to do it without reinstall the server ? My customer has 15 Dababase on this server, and i can't change it for all this dabatabse. Peter <peter.schubert@sz-online.de> a �crit dans le message : GS81jaPe#...

Why does a simple select query in Microsoft Access return the error [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has
I have applied the information from support document 10447954 but that does not solve the problem. I am running a simple select query with one criteria from one table. Thanks. ...

Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed
I have applied the information contained in support document 10447954. That did not resolve the problem. I am running a simple query with one criteria and one table Thanks. Hi Bill, The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so you might have a completely different problem. The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or prior since the message indicates CtLib info. You might want to post more details involved with getting to this error. You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver, including Open ...

Delphi XE5 Enterprise FireDAC SQL Server driver not in list
Just installed Delphi XE5 Studio Enterprise. Playing with FireDAC components. When I drop a TFDConnection on my form, I am looking for the driver for Microsoft SQL Server. I do not see it in the list. I see ADS, ASA, FB, IB, MSAcc, MySQL, ODBC, PG, SQLLite. Is there a separate install? Wayne This is a bug. The workaround is to drop TFDPhysMSSQLDriverLink on a form. Then MSSQL will be accessible in the drivers list. -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informi...

SQL Server Identity Columns Not Returning New Identity Value with PB11
We are using Powerbuilder 11.1 and SQL Server 2005 (Enterprise) When inserting new rows (using a Datawindow) into a table with an identity key column, the Datawindow does not always return the newly inserted identity value. Any help would be appreciated! L; 1) What connectivity mechanism are you using? 2) Does the DW have the "Identity Column" set in its update properties? 3) What do you mean by "Not always" (it sometimes works)? -- Regards ... Chris http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com ,\|/, (0 0) -(_)- "L Morris" <sales@...

Using @column = [column] SQL Server 2000
Should the following select statement return ALL the records including the records where [district] is null?  Currently it is only returning non null records.  I tried it with a default value and without with the same results. SelectCommand="SELECT [ID], [last], [first], [district], [TA] FROM [regd] Where ([district] Like case when @district is null then [district] else @district end)" <SelectParameters ><asp:ControlParameter ControlID="Last_textbox" Name="district" defaultvalue="%" PropertyName="Text" Type="Str...

how to fetch column using column index in sql server.
Hi, I have several columns in my table, but I want to fetch data using column index instead of column name in select  command. is there any way to do this.Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps youJasim AkhtarNew Delhi ( INDIA ) Yes there is.It's called dynamic SQL and it's a complicated process.See http://www.sommarskog.se/dynamic_sql.html Please click "Mark as Answer" if my reply solved your problem.CheersRammohan...

sql server and sql server express
ok i am puzzled right now....i have a web application connecting to a sql server database....i uninstalled sql server express and installed sql server 2005 full version...i changed the connection string in my application to be Data Source=SKYBANDR62;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;Integrated Security=True and through the explorer bar i can access my database freely but when i run my application i get this error Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error has occurred while establishing a...

Using Linq to SQL to insert into an SQL Server XML column
I'm getting an error on this line: ' auditData.PCAuditDataXML = Xdoc.Element("Model") 'Can anyone see where I'm going wrong here?    Private Sub insertDataIntoAuditDataTable(ByVal userName As String, ByVal computerName As String, ByVal Xdoc As XDocument)        Dim ADDC As AuditDataDataClassesDataContext = New AuditDataDataClassesDataContext        Try            Dim auditData As New AuditData_ad     ...

Return vals from MS-SQL-Server stored procs in embedded SQL
hi ... how do i get the return value from executing a stored procedure declared in a MS-SQL-Server database within Powerbuilder 5.0.04 embedded SQL statements? the return value i want is *not* the result-set nor an output parameter -- it is the return value specified by [return xxx] within the stored proc in the database. any help is appreciated! thanks, andrew The return value is returned as the first value in the SECOND result set. Any output args are returned, in order, after the return value in the same (second) result set. In embedded SQL, after you execute the ...

Reuse derived columns in same SQL Select statement under SQL Server 2005
Hello, Our agency is in the process of migrating our Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0 databases to Microsoft SQL Server 2005. We are currently using PowerBuilder 10.5. We have several datawindows that reuse SQL computed fields (derived columns) in the same SQL Select statement. Here is an example: select institution_code, incident_number, sequence, final_review_date, ts_status_code, idoc_number, (CASE WHEN coalesce(s.recommended_verbal,'N') <> coalesce(s.final_verbal,'N') then 1 else 0 end) as c_verbal, (CASE WHEN coalesce(s.recomme...

Web resources about - sql server not returning column metadata in certain cases - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

Returning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In retail , returning is the process of a customer taking previously purchased merchandise back to the retailer, and in turn, receiving a cash ...

Mark Zuckerberg Returning To TechCrunch Disrupt
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg took the stage at last year’s TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco, where he discussed ...

How-to: Improve the Experience for Returning Users
... – your inbox, your favorite news sources, or your friends’ activity. If you’ve integrated Facebook Login on your website, you can give returning ...

Search Twitter - emilia-clarke-not-returning
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh K. @ kikeurbina 1h Muy malas noticias: 'GAME OF THRONES' STAR EMILIA CLARKE (DAENERYS) NOT RETURNING FOR SEASON ...

Is the Returning CEO a Trend?
... well be wondering if it is a new trend for boards to reach back into their alumni ranks to bring back a CEO when a company is in Is the Returning ...

Returning fire - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
A U.S. Army soldier with the 101st Airborne Division returns fire with a M249 light machine gun during combat operations in the valley of Barawala ...

Marines Celebrate Returning Home With a Huge Pillow Fight Aboard the Airplane - YouTube
Visit http://WelcomeHomeBlog.com for more surprise military homecomings! In this clip, a group of marines celebrate their safe return home from ...

WWE’s Daniel Bryan on WWE 2K16, facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, returning to the ring and life on ...
The four-time WWE world champion discusses whether it is right for Stone Cold Steve Austin to be the cover star of WWE 2K16, as well as who he ...

Damn Fine News of the Day: Kyle MacLachlan is Returning to ‘Twin Peaks’
In case you missed it, David Lynch announced on Twitter Monday that Kyle MacLachlan will reprise his role as Special Agent Dale Cooper in the ...

Injury not enough to keep official caught in crossfire from returning to action
The NRL match official caught in the crossfire of angry Bulldogs fans says he has no intention of stepping down from his role on the sidelines. ...