Problem wit migrating Informix Firedac ODBC connection to Infx Connection

Now Firedac in XE6 supports Informix natively besides odbc, i decided to use the native way from now on.
However, i came up with some odd behaviour:
Take the following query:
select * from fys_punt_im where nummer = "1000";
Where column nummer is of type varchar(10).

When executing this query using Firedac Infx connection i get the error:
ERROR: SQL state: 42S22. Native error: -217. Error message:
[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Column (1000) not found in any table in the query (or SLV is undefined).

However when executing the same query using Firedac ODBC connection, it succeeds without any error.
The secret lies in the double quotes I use, but this gives some serious issues in my applications that I want to migrate.
1
Jehudi

Jehudi Hermie wrote:

> select * from fys_punt_im where nummer = "1000";

What about

.... where nummer = '1000';

[]s

Cesar Romero
1
Cesar
6/6/2014 5:07:26 PM
Jehudi Hermie wrote:
> Now Firedac in XE6 supports Informix natively besides odbc, i decided to use the native way from now on.
> However, i came up with some odd behaviour:
> Take the following query:
> select * from fys_punt_im where nummer = "1000";
> Where column nummer is of type varchar(10).
>
> When executing this query using Firedac Infx connection i get the error:
> ERROR: SQL state: 42S22. Native error: -217. Error message:
> [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Column (1000) not found in any table in the query (or SLV is undefined).
>
> However when executing the same query using Firedac ODBC connection, it succeeds without any error.
> The secret lies in the double quotes I use, but this gives some serious issues in my applications that I want to migrate.

"" are usually reserved for quoted identifiers (hence your error that it is
looking for a column named 1000).  Use ' ' for strings.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

Try to specify in your Infx connection parameters:
{code}
ODBCAdvanced=CURB=1;DLMT=n
{code}

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

Your answer seems to work out, thanks!
0
Jehudi
6/10/2014 6:20:42 AM
> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> Hello
>
> Try to specify in your Infx connection parameters:
> {code}
> ODBCAdvanced=CURB=1;DLMT=n
> {code}
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

Hi,
i  add it to params but it didnt work. i'd like to use double quotes as string delimiter e.g. 'SELECT * FROM orders WHERE f_act="A"'.
0
wajco

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 using QODBC Driver
I have a Windows 32 Application using Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 version using the QODBC driver from Inuit. However, I can connect using Delphi XE6 version with FireDac ODBC driver component. When I try to connect get this error message: Read of Address in module KERNELBASE.dll Access Violation at address . I have try several things even compiling under 32bit and 64bit same error, but compiled in Delphi XE6 it works fine! Has anyone else seen this? Thanks Garnet Hello If you like, you can send test database file to Dmitry dot Arefiev at embarcadero dot co...

FireDac Connection Problem [Edit]
On my first attempt to use FireDac (with a Firebird 2.5.2 sample DB) in Delphi/RAD Studio XE3 I'm having problems getting a connection. This is my Connection String: Provider=MSDASQL.1;Password=masterkey;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=SYSDBA;Data Source=C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\examples\empbuild\employee.fdb;Mode=ReadWrite On testing the connection I get *Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Unspecified error.* Have I chosen incorrect provider? Appreciated some help so I can move forward Edited by: Adam Gatt on Jun 6, 2013 4:...

FireDac Connection problem with MySQL
Repost from the DataBase\General forum. (seems FireDac issue) I think I have here same kind of problem as Stefano Gamberoni when using for the first time a MySQL connection in my application. (Using XE3, FireDac version 7.0.1) The program using the connection will wait for next sql query process (like one day later) but then the message is raised "MySQL server has gone away" I've tried to close/dispose/free the connection but that has no effect. Only after restarting the application the connection is renewed. Also tried to set the time-out of the MySQL config on a long...

firedac connect sqlserver problems [Edit]
i use firdac execute an query on my stand-alone vcl application when the server run on my develop environment it run ok when i deploy on the win32 machine wihtout xe develop environment it rais an error : access violation at address 007ff7cb in module 'android.exe'. read of address 00000000' http://www.cnblogs.com/nywh2008/p/3326035.html firedac links : FDConnection1: TFDConnection; FDPhysMSSQLDriverLink1: TFDPhysMSSQLDriverLink; FDQuery1.connection-> FDConnection1 DataSetProvider1.dataset->FDQuery1 ClientDataSet1.providername-> DataS...

not connected when I am connected

FireDAC ODBC connection Password issue
Hi , I am using FireDAC in Delphi xe3 with Sybase Sql Anywhere. I have used to connect an ODBC datasource that I have already created on my system. But when I try to connect to datasource I always get Invalid User/Password error. My credentials are correct but still it shows that error. I am using Delphi Xe3 and Sybase Sql AnyWhere. Code is as follow... With ADconnection1.Params do begin Clear; Add('DriverID=ODBC'); Add('Datasource=DSNNAme1'); Add('Database=MyDB1'); Add('User_Name=dba'); Add(&...

Connection to Informix using IBM Informix Connect 2.81
Hello, I have a problem to communicate with my Informix database using "IBM Informix Connect 2.81". I have no problems using "IBM Informix Connect 2.20", but this driver is very old now, has some performance problems and should not be used with Windows XP. In my client server application I have to set the options "Cursor Library as needed" and "Disable Bind" in my database profile (DBparm for the executeable) to use the new Informix driver, but I have no idea how to set these options in the EAServer. I am using EAServer Version 5.2. Than...

Delphi XE3 ODBC ADOQuery causing problems connecting to an ERP system
Hi, This is my first question here because I can't find a solution anywhere else. I am a student and I am writing some Delphi code to access some tables in an ERP system at the company that I am working at. The data is currently being pulled out of an ERP system with excel spreadsheets successfully with only use of a connection string and an SQL statement. I can also get the same result with a program called SqlDbx - a freeware program that allows sql statements to be executed. In setting up SqlDbx I had difficulty but the current setup says that the connection is via ODBC and the DN...

Delphi XE5
Hi Watching Pawels video on Firedac usage he has his DataExplorer window showing all his Firedac connections. However, on my DataExplorer I only have dbExpress connections shown. Any idea why the Firedac ones are missing and how I can get them to show (so I can use them)? Barry Wood wrote: > Hi > Watching Pawels video on Firedac usage he has his DataExplorer window showing all his Firedac connections. However, on my DataExplorer I only have dbExpress connections shown. Any idea why the Firedac ones are missing and how I can get them to show (so I can use them)? Data Explorer supp...

Problem : VB 6 ADO-application connection with ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to ASE 11.9.2 needs multiple connections
Hello, we are running Visual Basic applications (VB 6) which use ADO and Sybase ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to connect to ASE 11.9.2. We configured the 'select method' to be direct. This configuration results in login/logouts to the database for every single select statement. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows how to fix it ? I know that configuring cursor select method solves the problem. But then every statement is executed as an server cursor, which is much slower then a standard select. I think the prolem has something to with the interface between AD...

Connection problem while there are 6-8 connection
I have a web application by Access Data Connection.  While there are 6 - 8 connection to my application, an error message are appeared: Unspecified error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unspecified errorSource Error: Line 34: Dim Database = "Data Source=" & Current.Server.MapPath(DBFileName) Line 35: Conn = New System.Data.OleDb.OleD...

ODBC error:[Sybase][ODBC Driver] Connection not open:not connected to SQL database
Aloha, Have you come across this error before? Is it a Sybase error or a Crystal Reports error? Any clues? Mahalo, Lydia Villanueva Management Information Systems Grand Wailea Resort, Hotel & Spa It looks like you are attempting to communicate over a connection that has not been established or has been severed. Have you got any additional information? -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, Inc. Houston, TX See you at the Powersoft User Conference in August - http://www.sybase.com/events/psuc98 ...

connection cache problem Connection not open
I am able to connect to the connection cache the first few time. Then I will get this error. Is there a timeout or something? SQLSTATE = 08003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Connection not open also, some time i get this error: Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Open Cursor. Feb 16 15:55:49 2001: cm__oci_error: Close failure. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- Jaguar Memory Error: invalid prefix (40000002) for memory block (3109F9E0) (probably caused by the continued use of a freed memory block) ...

Web resources about - Problem wit migrating Informix Firedac ODBC connection to Infx Connection - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

Faith: Spirits lift in connection with home
We need to more adequately understand the spirituality of our unique place on earth.

FBI mulls connection between Super Bowl, CA fiber optic cable cuttings
... authorities, who have been baffled by more than a dozen attacks on San Francisco Bay Area data lines, are probing whether there is any connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.

Star Wars Rebels Trailer Reveals Force Awakens Connection - Collider
The new extended trailer for the mid-season premiere of the Disney XD animated series Star Wars Rebels reveals a huge connection to The Force ...