Problem installing in delphi 6

Hi, I tried to install firedac x delphi6 (I
have a client that still use delphi6), the normal
installation fail saying that cannot find the correct
path for required vcl package, while trying to install
the packages manually after setting thr right say that pakages are in old
format and must bee converted, and then say that
cannot find the source files in the path. Some suggestion
to solve the problem is welcome.
0
Angelo
3/28/2013 1:22:19 PM
embarcadero.delphi.firedac 822 articles. 2 followers. Follow

13 Replies
1687 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 59

Hello Angelo

You can use QI3 at:
http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/firedac/Installation.html

> say that pakages are in old format and must bee converted

Just ignore this error message (press Escape).

-- 
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, 
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
3/28/2013 3:28:48 PM
Hi, I followed the QI3 notes step by step, but when compiling first package I get the error.

file not found UADStancipher.dcu that is only present under D5\dcu and not in D6\dcu and there is  the source.
0
Angelo
3/29/2013 4:21:18 PM
I posted to uADStanCipher.dcu for D6 into attachments.
Please put it into Dcu\D6 folder and mark as read-only.

-- 
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, 
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
4/2/2013 10:32:21 AM
Thank you, I  will try again.


> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> I posted to uADStanCipher.dcu for D6 into attachments.
> Please put it into Dcu\D6 folder and mark as read-only.
> 
> -- 
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
> FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, 
> DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Angelo
4/2/2013 2:08:29 PM
Dmitry Arefiev wrote:

> I posted to uADStanCipher.dcu for D6 into attachments.
> Please put it into Dcu\D6 folder and mark as read-only.

Just curious, why aren't you distributing the uADStanCipher.pas file?
0
Utf
4/2/2013 6:33:32 PM
> Just curious, why aren't you distributing the uADStanCipher.pas file?

Due to USA export limitations.

-- 
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, 
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
4/2/2013 8:01:12 PM
Dmitry Arefiev wrote:

> > Just curious, why aren't you distributing the uADStanCipher.pas
> > file?
> 
> Due to USA export limitations.

Technically, though, the exact schemes employed by the classes have not
been published anywhere, so they ought to fall under 5E002 and not the
5D992 general excemption for object code.
0
Utf
4/2/2013 10:07:59 PM
Hi Dmitry, the compilation still give errors. Here is the message that I get now:

[Fatal Error] AnyDAC_ComI_D6.dpk(57): Unit uADStanCipher was compiled with a different version of uADStanIntf.PADAnsiString.

I dont know how resolve this problem, maybe couls you send me all dcu compiled for delphi6, also using my private mail?

Edited by: Angelo Mangiaracina on Apr 4, 2013 9:42 AM
0
Angelo
4/4/2013 4:44:06 PM
Please do the following:
- uninstall FireDAC from your PC
- find and remove all uAD*.dcu files from your PC
- find and remove all AnyDAC*.* files from your PC
- run FireDAC installer with /IDE:D6 command line switch

-- 
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, 
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
4/4/2013 6:37:34 PM
> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> Please do the following:
> - uninstall FireDAC from your PC
> - find and remove all uAD*.dcu files from your PC
> - find and remove all AnyDAC*.* files from your PC
> - run FireDAC installer with /IDE:D6 command line switch
> 
> -- 
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
> FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, 
> DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib

Hi, I followed exacty your instrunctions, but this is wath I get:


C:\Programmi\Borland\FireDAC\Source\sqlite3_x64.obj
Accesso negato.
C:\Programmi\Borland\FireDAC\Source\sqlite3_x86.obj
Accesso negato.
Source\uADGUIxFormsfAbout.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfAsync.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfConnEdit.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfDesignTimeOptions.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfError.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfFetchOptions.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfFields.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfFormatOptions.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfLogin.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfOptsBase.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfQEdit.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfResourceOptions.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfScript.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfUpdateOptions.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfUSEdit.dfm
       15 file copiati.
Source\uADGUIxFMXfAsync.fmx
Source\uADGUIxFMXfError.fmx
Source\uADGUIxFMXfLogin.fmx
Source\uADGUIxFMXfOptsBase.fmx
Source\uADGUIxFMXfScript.fmx
        5 file copiati.
Source\uADGUIxFormsPanelTreeButton.res
Source\uADSplash.res
        2 file copiati.
Borland Delphi Version 14.0
Copyright (c) 1983,2002 Borland Software Corporation
Source\uADVer.inc(3)
Source\UADENV.INC(59)
Source\uAD.inc(360)
Packages\AnyDAC_ComI_D6.dpk(32) Fatal: Required package 'rtl' not found
Premere un tasto per continuare . . .

The some happen for all the other packages
0
Angelo
4/5/2013 10:32:33 AM
Please Dmitry, I really need your help to solve the problem, because I must migrate a project from BDE, and I would use firedac.

Thank you i advance.
0
Angelo
4/8/2013 7:37:03 AM
Are you using Windows 8?
Try to execute AnyDac Installer and Delphi as Administrator!


"Angelo Mangiaracina" escreveu na notícia da 
mensagem:564744@forums.embarcadero.com...

> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> Please do the following:
> - uninstall FireDAC from your PC
> - find and remove all uAD*.dcu files from your PC
> - find and remove all AnyDAC*.* files from your PC
> - run FireDAC installer with /IDE:D6 command line switch
>
> -- 
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
> FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
> DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib

Hi, I followed exacty your instrunctions, but this is wath I get:


C:\Programmi\Borland\FireDAC\Source\sqlite3_x64.obj
Accesso negato.
C:\Programmi\Borland\FireDAC\Source\sqlite3_x86.obj
Accesso negato.
Source\uADGUIxFormsfAbout.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfAsync.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfConnEdit.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfDesignTimeOptions.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfError.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfFetchOptions.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfFields.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfFormatOptions.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfLogin.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfOptsBase.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfQEdit.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfResourceOptions.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfScript.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfUpdateOptions.dfm
Source\uADGUIxFormsfUSEdit.dfm
       15 file copiati.
Source\uADGUIxFMXfAsync.fmx
Source\uADGUIxFMXfError.fmx
Source\uADGUIxFMXfLogin.fmx
Source\uADGUIxFMXfOptsBase.fmx
Source\uADGUIxFMXfScript.fmx
        5 file copiati.
Source\uADGUIxFormsPanelTreeButton.res
Source\uADSplash.res
        2 file copiati.
Borland Delphi Version 14.0
Copyright (c) 1983,2002 Borland Software Corporation
Source\uADVer.inc(3)
Source\UADENV.INC(59)
Source\uAD.inc(360)
Packages\AnyDAC_ComI_D6.dpk(32) Fatal: Required package 'rtl' not found
Premere un tasto per continuare . . .

The some happen for all the other packages
0
Cezar
4/8/2013 12:17:13 PM
Hi Dmitry, could that installer check the presence of Delphi Xe3 on the machine before doing di installation?
I am triying to install on a virtual machin e in which only Delphi6 is installed.
0
Angelo
4/9/2013 4:48:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Delphi 6 and Delphi 2010 Install same machine
I'm currently still on Delphi 6 for some legacy software, but I'm looking at installing Delphi 2010 on my Windows XP machine. Are there any known issues with installing D2010 on an XP machine that already has Delphi 6 installed? (I'm not talking about updating the projects code/controls/etc, just running the IDE's). > I'm currently still on Delphi 6 for some legacy software, but I'm > looking at installing Delphi 2010 on my Windows XP machine. > > Are there any known issues with installing D2010 on an XP machine that > already has Delphi 6 i...

Problem with Delphi 6 to Delphi 7 upgrade
I have just purchased Delphi XE because I have an immediate need of D7 which came for free with XE. I downloaded and installed D7 and I think I applied the Update 1 that I had also downloaded. After much messing around with old components, I have finally attempted to compile my D6 project with D7. I get the following error:- [Fatal Error] apm.dpr(225): Unit ExtDlgs was compiled with a different version of ExtCtrls.TPanel I have checked the library paths all point to D7 versions of everything and now am at a loss to know what to do next. Also checked the sequence to make sure that al...

FireDac Delphi XE3 installation problem
Hi all, I have just purchased the FireDAC package and try to install the package. I tried to install AnyDAC_D7.bpg package to XE3 and I got this error message. Required package 'designdgm' not found. Can someone assist me about the problem? Thanks. > {quote:title=Cem Zafer Demirsoy wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > I have just purchased the FireDAC package and try to install the package. I tried to install AnyDAC_D7.bpg package to XE3 and I got this error message. > Required package 'designdgm' not found. > Can someone assist me about the problem? > Thanks...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010
Hi. It is possible, with component RX, dxforumlibrary, InfoPower3000Pro, StringAlignGrid. Accepts communication BDE. Thank by comments. excequiel arostica wrote: >Hi. > It is possible, with component RX, dxforumlibrary, >InfoPower3000Pro, StringAlignGrid. Accepts communication BDE. > >Thank by comments. Rx is dead and sources are taken over by jcl/jvcl. I dont know about the rest of the components and i have no experiences with bde over the last 9 years. excequiel arostica wrote: > Hi. > It is possible, with component RX, dxforumlibrary,...

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up
Dear List, Trying to add 7Zip compression support to my delphi application. I am using the ported 7Zip sdk (see their website, they have a link). I am stumped on how to rewrite a single function: function ReverseDecode(var Models: array of SmallInt; ....): ..... where the input is mostly a fixed size array of SmallInt. This code perfectly compiles and functions in Delphi 6 and up, but in Delphi 5 I get the error: There is no overloaded version of 'ReverseDecode' that can be called with these arguments And obviously, the input (fixed) isn't the same as the param de...

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 conversion
Hi We are moving our product from D5 to D6. I have dealt with all the deprecated functions. However, we are getting various platform specifc warnings. These include: Symbol 'FileGetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'FileSetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'faReadOnly' is specific to a platform We want this conversion to be carried out correctly. We don't view the simple solution of switching off those warnings or symbols as being the correct way. What we want is the same platform independence as other functions. For example, all o...

Calling Delphi 6 DLL from Delphi 2010
We have a Delphi 6 dll that has a PChar passed to it. The dll function then does a search and returns a PCHar. This works good using Delphi 6 to call and recieve the dll result. We have upgraded our calling program to Delphi 2010 and most of the time, the value is passed back just fine. However, we do have times when we get an access violation, when calling the dll. The dll does process the request. Below is the code. Has anyone had a similar issue using an older version Delphi Dll with Delphi 2010? I am sure that Unicode has something to do with it, but not sure how to fix th...

Error on Delphi 6 but not on Delphi Xe for Ftp
I am Experimenting with get a file from our webside server via Ftp. I have 2 Machines 1 a laptop runing XP Delphi 6 Indy 10.5.8.0 An a machine runing Window 7 Delphi XE2 with Indy 10.5.8.0. I am using the Same Code on Both. procedure TFrmMain.ProcessItemDalySpecial; var PathDest : String; FileName : String; begin with FrmTb2 do begin if ReadIniBoolean(IniCfg,'FTP','UseFtpDaly') then begin Ftp.Host := ReadIniStr(IniCfg,'FTP','HostDaly'); Ftp.Port := ReadIniInt(IniCfg,'FTP'...

Installing Delphi 7 and Delphi XE5 on same machine
Is there any implication installing Delphi 7 and XE5 on a same machine? Will it affect the 3rd party components, libraries, dll etc.? On 15/12/2013 23:56, Ebizit IT wrote: > Is there any implication installing Delphi 7 and XE5 on a same machine? Will it affect the 3rd party components, libraries, dll etc.? Ebizit, The usual guideline is to install in release order, Delphi 7 first, then XE5. I would also advise installing in a dedicated, security open directory such as: C:\Tools\Delphi-7 C:\Tools\Delphi-XE5 However, since I cannot afford the grossly inflated pric...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO
We have an application written in Delphi 6 Professional that uses ADO to access databases servers that may be on other PCs in our network. We want to move to Delphi 2010 but can't decide if we need Professional or Enterprise. 2010 Pro has dbGO - will this give us the same functionality as the ADO components we use in Delphi 6 Pro? Thanks, Keith > 2010 Pro has dbGO - will this give us the same functionality as the > ADO components we use in Delphi 6 Pro? Yes. > {quote:title=Joachim Uersfeld wrote:}{quote} > > 2010 Pro has dbGO - will this give us the same func...

Language like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7
Hi I like to make application what will connect to web services(SOAP or REST) and send data to server via HTTPS. I have previous experience with Delphi 6 and Delphi 7.I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed. Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what have the languages like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7. Additional ,which edition(home,professional ,architect) I should use if i like to achieve my task? Pero perov wrote: > I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed. That is not true. > Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what > have the lan...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby So...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby ...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby ...

Web resources about - Problem installing in delphi 6 - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

Help:Installing Japanese character sets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This help page will help you install Japanese character sets so that your computer will display them properly on the internet in your web browser ...

Earn Free Facebook Credits For Installing Apps — Of Course, There’s A Catch
This looks pretty cool at first: Earn free Facebook Credits for installing applications on your iPhone or Android device. AppDog offers this ...

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Fatal unit fire: Builder Ray Finianos reduced height of building to avoid installing fire sprinklers ...
The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

'Green' light bulb moment for councils installing LED street lights
Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights – 13,000 of them – to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment
Sky News is Australia's leader in 24-hour news. Iran has begun installing next-generation equipment at one of its main nuclear plants, a new ...

Peter Garrett believed installing insulation batts 'not that hard', royal commission told
Former environment minister Peter Garrett believed installing insulation batts was ''not that hard'' based on his own personal experience, an ...

Gillard defends installing Slipper
BBC News Gillard defends installing Slipper Sydney Morning Herald Prime Minister Julia Gillard has defended her decision to install Peter ...

CSIRO says installing solar panels on roofs of businesses could take pressure off the electricity grid ...
Installing more solar panels on the roofs of businesses would help Australia's energy grid cope with increased demand.

Resources last updated: 2/3/2016 7:17:59 PM