How to setup FireDac for slow connections [Edit]

I have some existing MS Access database on network which must be accessed by many users. I have done simple app with FireDac components and all works fine when accessed through fast network (LAN over optic cable). Pesimistic locking is used..

But users which are in distant cities are connected through ADSL connection and VPN to this LAN. When exe is loaded, and db is queryed error message is following:

[FireDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] (unknown) is not valid path..

What seams to be a problem?
All other users have no this issue inside faster network. Is it really slow network problem or ther really missing some MS driver on PC (MS Office is installed on all)? I can't check right now with those users, but need some idea what to do about it ..

Edited by: Marko - on Jan 31, 2014 4:25 AM
0
Marko

> What seams to be a problem?

The database file must be located on a shared resource, which must
be accessible to a workstation. Also, if your application uses the same
Database parameter value for all workstations, then the shared resource
must have the same name for all workstations.

> All other users have no this issue inside faster network. Is it really slow
> network problem or ther really missing some MS driver on PC (MS Office is installed on all)?

That may be a network problem. Regarding ODBC drivers:
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Connect_to_Microsoft_Access_Database_(FireDAC)

Anyway, MS Access is file based DB. It is not a good idea to use a
file based DB in a distributed environment.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

FireDac Connection Problem [Edit]
On my first attempt to use FireDac (with a Firebird 2.5.2 sample DB) in Delphi/RAD Studio XE3 I'm having problems getting a connection. This is my Connection String: Provider=MSDASQL.1;Password=masterkey;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=SYSDBA;Data Source=C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\examples\empbuild\employee.fdb;Mode=ReadWrite On testing the connection I get *Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Unspecified error.* Have I chosen incorrect provider? Appreciated some help so I can move forward Edited by: Adam Gatt on Jun 6, 2013 4:...

firedac connect sqlserver problems [Edit]
i use firdac execute an query on my stand-alone vcl application when the server run on my develop environment it run ok when i deploy on the win32 machine wihtout xe develop environment it rais an error : access violation at address 007ff7cb in module 'android.exe'. read of address 00000000' http://www.cnblogs.com/nywh2008/p/3326035.html firedac links : FDConnection1: TFDConnection; FDPhysMSSQLDriverLink1: TFDPhysMSSQLDriverLink; FDQuery1.connection-> FDConnection1 DataSetProvider1.dataset->FDQuery1 ClientDataSet1.providername-> DataS...

error connection macosx # firedac # firebird [Edit]
hello, I need help! case study Firebird database running on windows server. Firemonkei client application running on mac osx. when the test conexção the client with the server firebird database: *when I insert vendorlib FDConection, error:* [FireDAC][Phys][FB]-314. Cannot load vendor library [/Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libfbclient.dylib]. dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libfbclient.dylib, 1): no suitable image found. Did find: /Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/...

Cant connect to Sqlite with DbExpress or FireDac, what am I doing wrong [Edit]
Hi All, Have up till now developed using Delphi XE3 TadoConnection -> Msaccess Jet.oledb.4 Tdatasource - TAdoQuery TAdoQuery - TAdoconnection Use DBEdit and DGrid and all works well, but would now like to change to Sqlilte and have treid a number of Guides with DBExpress and Firedac and the only thing that sort of worked was a Youtube guide from Alister Christie using DBExpress BUT as soon as try to Add a TsqlQuery to pullup the data, I can get the Query to access the data BUT the Dbedit fields are NOT editable !!!!!!!, The guide I was following was: TsqlConnection - SQLite DB TSql...

FireDAC XE6 unable to connect to MySQL database [Edit]
Hello, today I created my first database app with Delphi XE6 professional (+ Firedac client/server). While there was no problem with Firebird database, I can not connect to MySQL database. As it's my first database application, I have to describe all the steps in detail; 1. I created vcl form app 2. I put FDConnection component, changed drivername to FB 3. In params: DriverID=FB Database=D:\EMPLOYEE.FDB User_Name=SYSDBA Password=masterkey Protocol=TCPIP Server=localhost changed connected to True; (connection is OK after these steps) 4. I added TFDQuery, changed connection...

Basic setup for remote/virtual server with FireDAC/Delphi etc.
Hi,I waswondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with some advice. In the past I have produced an application with Delphi 2007, IB Objects and Firebird 2.0 with Dev Express grids which worked really well. I now want to produce a completely new version taking advantage if possible of a hosted (cloud based) server. My idea is rent a windows 2008 R2 server off Hetzner, install Firebird 2.5 on it with my large databases. I should point out all my databases are used read only no editing. I would then like to produce a new windows app (and ios/android app later on) with my new XE4 a...

Insert, Update, Delete very slow with FireDAC DataSnap server [Edit]
Hello, I create two DataSnap server named (1)FireDAC_svr, and (2)DBX_svr, and one DataSnap client named DBX_client. And we have: FireDAC_svr: TADConnection -> TADQuery -> TDataSetProvider DBX_svr: TSQLConnection -> TSQLDataSet -> TDataSetProvider DBX_client: TSQLConnection -> TDSProviderConnection -> TClientDataSet FireDAC_svr and DBX_svr set to the same DataBase environment. DBX_Client can connect to FireDAC_svr and DBX_svr, too. First, DBX_Client connect to FireDAC_svr, and do select, insert, update and delete for 1000 records in each step. The time cost as ...

FireDAC mobile app error as sqlite as delphi XE7 [Edit]
i im trying of connect my app as FireDAC but i have some errors. I follor all steps of Mobile_Tutotils_en_pdf file for delphi XE7. First i add one FireDAConnection compoent, after i in FireDAConnection Edito i set DriverID as Sqlite, in Database parameter i set this existing sqlite database "shoplist.s3db i create this database and table as other tool, and i can to add this to DBExpres in data exploer and i can to use it in one mobile delphi project", and i set lockingmode to normal as this manual tell. After as tell in page 269 of this manual when i click over test button, i ...

How to copy a firedac dataset from FDMemTable to FDTable (SQLite connected) [Edit]
I have TDBGrids connected to FDTable1 via a Datasource component. FDTable1 is not using CachedUpdates. When I ran the code, looking at the TDBGrid, the data is copied. But when I open the SQLite database containing FDTable1, the table how is empty! // Copy query results to a FDMemTable. It works OK! FDQuery1.SQL.Text:= 'select userno, loginid from user'; FDQuery1.Open; FDQuery1.FetchAll; FDMemTable1.Active:= False; FDMemTable1.Data:= FDQuery1.Data; FDMemTable1.Active:= True; // Copy from FDMemTable to FDTable. FDConnection1.Offline; FDTable1.Active:= ...

FireDAC mobile app error as sqlite as delphi XE7 [Edit] #2
i im trying of connect my app as FireDAC but i have some errors. I follow all steps of Mobile_Tutotils_en_pdf file for delphi XE7. First i add one FireDAConnection compoent, after i in FireDAConnection Edit i set DriverID as Sqlite, in Database parameter i set this existing sqlite database "shoplist.s3db , and i set lockingmode to normal as this manual tell. I After i follow steps 1,2,3,4 and in the step 5 of the page 265 when i try of to set Connected property to true, i get this error: 1. [FireDac][Comp][Clnt]-340. Driver ID is not defined. Set TFDConnection.DriverName or Add D...

How to copy a firedac dataset from FDMemTable to FDTable (SQLite connected) [Edit] #2
I have TDBGrids connected to FDTable1 via a Datasource component. FDTable1 is not using CachedUpdates. When I ran the code, looking at the TDBGrid, the data is copied. But when I open the SQLite database containing FDTable1, the table however is empty! // Copy query results to a FDMemTable. It works OK! FDQuery1.SQL.Text:= 'select userno, loginid from user'; FDQuery1.Open; FDQuery1.FetchAll; FDMemTable1.Active:= False; FDMemTable1.Data:= FDQuery1.Data; FDMemTable1.Active:= True; // Copy from FDMemTable to FDTable. FDConnection1.Offline; FDTable1.Activ...

Delphi XE5
Hi Watching Pawels video on Firedac usage he has his DataExplorer window showing all his Firedac connections. However, on my DataExplorer I only have dbExpress connections shown. Any idea why the Firedac ones are missing and how I can get them to show (so I can use them)? Barry Wood wrote: > Hi > Watching Pawels video on Firedac usage he has his DataExplorer window showing all his Firedac connections. However, on my DataExplorer I only have dbExpress connections shown. Any idea why the Firedac ones are missing and how I can get them to show (so I can use them)? Data Explorer supp...

FireDac
Hello, I am using Delphi XE4 and facing a problem with FireDac (8.0.5) and MySQL. I'm trying to get the last 100 records from a large table (20 million rows). When I run the following SQL: {code}select * from largetable order by FId limit 100{code} in MySQL Workbench it returns in 0.2 seconds. When I run the above SQL in Delphi through an ADQuery it never returns (Delphi freezes). Any Ideas ? Thank you ...