How to copy a firedac dataset from a FDMemTable to FDTable (connected to SQ

I have TDBGrids connected to FDTable1 via a Datasource component.
FDTable1 is not using CachedUpdates.
When I ran the above code, looking at the TDBGrid, the data is copied.
But when I open the SQLite database containing FDTable1, the table how is empty!
Codeā€¦

// Copy query results to a FDMemTable. It works OK!
  FDQuery1.SQL.Text:= 'select userno, loginid from user';
  FDQuery1.Open;
  FDQuery1.FetchAll;
  FDMemTable1.Active:= False;
  FDMemTable1.Data:= FDQuery1.Data;
  FDMemTable1.Active:= True;

// Copy from FDMemTable to FDTable.
  FDConnection1.Offline;
  FDTable1.Active:= False;
  FDTable1.Data:= FDMemTable1.Data;
  FDConnection1.Online;
  FDTable1.Active:= True;

Any idea what could be wrong?
0
Simon

How to copy a firedac dataset from FDMemTable to FDTable (SQLite connected) [Edit]
I have TDBGrids connected to FDTable1 via a Datasource component. FDTable1 is not using CachedUpdates. When I ran the code, looking at the TDBGrid, the data is copied. But when I open the SQLite database containing FDTable1, the table how is empty! // Copy query results to a FDMemTable. It works OK! FDQuery1.SQL.Text:= 'select userno, loginid from user'; FDQuery1.Open; FDQuery1.FetchAll; FDMemTable1.Active:= False; FDMemTable1.Data:= FDQuery1.Data; FDMemTable1.Active:= True; // Copy from FDMemTable to FDTable. FDConnection1.Offline; FDTable1.Active:= ...

How to copy a firedac dataset from FDMemTable to FDTable (SQLite connected) [Edit] #2
I have TDBGrids connected to FDTable1 via a Datasource component. FDTable1 is not using CachedUpdates. When I ran the code, looking at the TDBGrid, the data is copied. But when I open the SQLite database containing FDTable1, the table however is empty! // Copy query results to a FDMemTable. It works OK! FDQuery1.SQL.Text:= 'select userno, loginid from user'; FDQuery1.Open; FDQuery1.FetchAll; FDMemTable1.Active:= False; FDMemTable1.Data:= FDQuery1.Data; FDMemTable1.Active:= True; // Copy from FDMemTable to FDTable. FDConnection1.Offline; FDTable1.Activ...

FireDAC installation
My company's currently using Delphi 2010 (Professional), and we're very tempted by the current upgrade offer to take us to Delphi XE5. While our internal release cycles mean we're likely to put off the actual upgrade to XE5, we could make use of the FireDAC system in the near future and as far as I can tell from the feature matrix this +is+ bundled with XE5 Pro. So, as the offer means the upgrade to XE5 is only slightly more expensive than the FireDAC package in isolation, does anyone know if it's possible to install/use the FireDAC bundled with XE5 on our 2010 installati...

Delphi XE5
Hi Watching Pawels video on Firedac usage he has his DataExplorer window showing all his Firedac connections. However, on my DataExplorer I only have dbExpress connections shown. Any idea why the Firedac ones are missing and how I can get them to show (so I can use them)? Barry Wood wrote: > Hi > Watching Pawels video on Firedac usage he has his DataExplorer window showing all his Firedac connections. However, on my DataExplorer I only have dbExpress connections shown. Any idea why the Firedac ones are missing and how I can get them to show (so I can use them)? Data Explorer supp...

Delphi XE6 FireDAC SQLite copy a table from one database to another
How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a simple command to do this? Thanks! > How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a simple command to do this? Thanks! You should use ATTACH command. For example: {code} ATTACH 'c:\secondDB.sdb' AS sec; INSERT INTO SomeTab SELECT * FROM sec.SomeTab; {code} -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect Thanks! > {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote} > > How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a...

Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 using QODBC Driver
I have a Windows 32 Application using Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 version using the QODBC driver from Inuit. However, I can connect using Delphi XE6 version with FireDac ODBC driver component. When I try to connect get this error message: Read of Address in module KERNELBASE.dll Access Violation at address . I have try several things even compiling under 32bit and 64bit same error, but compiled in Delphi XE6 it works fine! Has anyone else seen this? Thanks Garnet Hello If you like, you can send test database file to Dmitry dot Arefiev at embarcadero dot co...

FireDac
Hello, I am using Delphi XE4 and facing a problem with FireDac (8.0.5) and MySQL. I'm trying to get the last 100 records from a large table (20 million rows). When I run the following SQL: {code}select * from largetable order by FId limit 100{code} in MySQL Workbench it returns in 0.2 seconds. When I run the above SQL in Delphi through an ADQuery it never returns (Delphi freezes). Any Ideas ? Thank you ...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

Problem wit migrating Informix Firedac ODBC connection to Infx Connection
Now Firedac in XE6 supports Informix natively besides odbc, i decided to use the native way from now on. However, i came up with some odd behaviour: Take the following query: select * from fys_punt_im where nummer = "1000"; Where column nummer is of type varchar(10). When executing this query using Firedac Infx connection i get the error: ERROR: SQL state: 42S22. Native error: -217. Error message: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Column (1000) not found in any table in the query (or SLV is undefined). However when executing the same query using Firedac ODBC conn...

It is FireDAC after all
Marco announces FireDAC: http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/firedac_announced.html -- Nick The Buy Now button almost work ;-) > {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote} > Marco announces FireDAC: > > http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/firedac_announced.html > That was fast :) delete this message > What's the price for XE3 Pro licensees? Introductory price is $399 -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/firedac > All the links I found just go to a page that lets you purchase Delp...

FireDAC for Delphi 2007 ?
Hello, I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. Thanks, Regards, Emmanuel Lion FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE4/XE3, see: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42970 M. E.L. wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack > can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. > > Thanks, > Regards, > > Emmanuel Lion > On 02.10.2013 18:17, quinn wildman wrote: > FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No > FireDAC Client/Server Pack ...

FireDac Connection to MySQL
Hi I have a FD connection to a MySQL database, everything works OK. I now want to move this to a customer machine but the properties mySQLConnection.Params of ..server and .port do not appear to be able to be configured when my application starts. How do I set these parameters at run time? Thanks for looking Philip L Jackson Philip wrote: > I have a FD connection to a MySQL database, everything works OK. > > I now want to move this to a customer machine but the properties > mySQLConnection.Params of > > .server and .port do not appear to be ...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

Web resources about - How to copy a firedac dataset from a FDMemTable to FDTable (connected to SQ - embarcadero.delphi.firedac