FireDAC.Phys.ODBC component gives compiler error in XE8 not in XE7

After upgrading to XE8, I got the following compiler error when using TFDPhysODBCDriverLink class component:
 dcc32 Fatal Error F2613 Unit 'FireDAC.Phys.TDataMeta not found. This worked before in XE7 and I was able to access ODBC files (Mdb & Xls) using FDConnection, FDTable, FDPhysODBCDriverLink1, and FDGUIxWaitCursor1. I just installed Hotfix Update 1 and it did not help this error.
Do I need to add to the Library list a folder path?
Thanks for any help.
0
Bob

Bob Carson wrote:
> After upgrading to XE8, I got the following compiler error when using TFDPhysODBCDriverLink class component:
>  dcc32 Fatal Error F2613 Unit 'FireDAC.Phys.TDataMeta not found. This worked before in XE7 and I was able to access ODBC files (Mdb & Xls) using FDConnection, FDTable, FDPhysODBCDriverLink1, and FDGUIxWaitCursor1. I just installed Hotfix Update 1 and it did not help this error.
> Do I need to add to the Library list a folder path?
> Thanks for any help.

What platform?  This looks new in XE8, but is there in my lib directories in
both release and debug for win32/64 and OSX.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
> What platform?  This looks new in XE8, but is there in my lib directories in
> both release and debug for win32/64 and OSX.
>
> --
Start a New Project using XE 8, FireMonkey and Win32. Drop FDConnection, FDTable, FDPhysODBCDriverLink, and FDGUIxWaitCursor1 and compile. You should see the compiler error.
0
Bob
6/22/2015 3:42:12 PM
Any chance you have the Professional version and have Upgrade

Bob Carson wrote:
> After upgrading to XE8, I got the following compiler error when using TFDPhysODBCDriverLink class component:
>   dcc32 Fatal Error F2613 Unit 'FireDAC.Phys.TDataMeta not found. This worked before in XE7 and I was able to access ODBC files (Mdb & Xls) using FDConnection, FDTable, FDPhysODBCDriverLink1, and FDGUIxWaitCursor1. I just installed Hotfix Update 1 and it did not help this error.
> Do I need to add to the Library list a folder path?
> Thanks for any help.

0
quinn
6/22/2015 5:52:57 PM
> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Any chance you have the Professional version and have Upgrade
> subscription for Professional, but not the FireDac add-on?

I do have the Professional version and did install the regular update instead of the subscription update, and not much changed (or anything that I noticed). This would be the first time I would install update that had a choice between Subscription Update or otherwise. I am paying once a year with 3 support questions that includes upgrades and updates. Maybe I should download and install the subscription update? Why are updates different depending on subscription or not?
Bob
0
Bob
6/22/2015 6:27:00 PM
Bob Carson wrote:
>> What platform?  This looks new in XE8, but is there in my lib directories in
>> both release and debug for win32/64 and OSX.
>>
>> --
> Start a New Project using XE 8, FireMonkey and Win32. Drop FDConnection, FDTable, FDPhysODBCDriverLink, and FDGUIxWaitCursor1 and compile. You should see the compiler error.

This compiled without error for me.

Like I said in the lib directory, that dcu should be in each of the folders I
mentioned.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
Bob Carson wrote:
> Why are updates different depending on subscription or not?

Because as of XE8, Upgrade subscription is required to get all updates.
Without it, you only get some.

Note that you need Upgrade subscription for Professional AND FireDac. I
don't know if you have both.
0
quinn
6/22/2015 6:48:32 PM
Subscription Update1 for XE 8 completely fixes the issue.
0
Bob

New Compiler Error in XE8 (Win32) with FireDac OBDCLink.
I am Getting a new compiler error when compiling an XE 7 Win 32 app using FireDac ODBC Link with XE 8 compiler: [dcc32 Fatal Error] FileView.pas(31): F2613 Unit 'FireDAC.Phys.TDataMeta' not found. FileView.pas(31): Unit 'FireDAC.Phys.TDataMeta' is used by 'FireDAC.Phys.ODBC' I don't get this error when compiling with XE 7. Start a new XE8 Win32 project, Drop the FireDac Controls: FDConnection, FDTable, and FDPhysODBCDriverLink and compile with Win32. Does anyone know how to get past this? Thank you for any suggestions, Bob When I create a new project ...

FireDAC mobile app error as sqlite as delphi XE7
i im trying of connect my app as FireDAC but i have some errors. I follor all steps of Mobile_Tutotils_en_pdf file for delphi XE7. First i add one FireDAConnection compoent, after i in FireDAConnection Edito i set DriverID as Sqlite, in Database parameter i set this existing sqlite database "shoplist.s3db i create this database and table as other tool, and i can to add this to DBExpres in data exploer and i can to use it in one mobile delphi project", and i set lockingmode to normal as this manual tell. After as tell in page 269 of this manual when i click over test button, i ...

FireDAC mobile app error as sqlite as delphi XE7 [Edit]
i im trying of connect my app as FireDAC but i have some errors. I follor all steps of Mobile_Tutotils_en_pdf file for delphi XE7. First i add one FireDAConnection compoent, after i in FireDAConnection Edito i set DriverID as Sqlite, in Database parameter i set this existing sqlite database "shoplist.s3db i create this database and table as other tool, and i can to add this to DBExpres in data exploer and i can to use it in one mobile delphi project", and i set lockingmode to normal as this manual tell. After as tell in page 269 of this manual when i click over test button, i ...

Link Error: Cannot open FIREDAC.PHYS.OBJ in C++ XE7
When I try to compile and link a C++ XE7 console application I get the link error: [ilink32 Error] Fatal: Datei 'FIREDAC.PHYS.OBJ' kann nicht geöffnet werden >> in English: File ... cannot be opened I do not have this problem with a VCL Forms application I even cannot find this file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0 folder! Any clues? Thanks, Bruno ...

Link Error: Cannot open FIREDAC.PHYS.OBJ in C++ XE7 [Edit]
When I try to compile and link a C++ XE7 console application I get the link error: [ilink32 Error] Fatal: Datei 'FIREDAC.PHYS.OBJ' kann nicht geöffnet werden >> in English: File ... cannot be opened I cannot find this file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0 folder! I do not have this problem with a C++ VCL Forms application My application is a mixed C++/Delphi application, which links Delphi units to the project. The FireDAC components are only used in the Delphi units. Any clues? Thanks, Bruno Edited by: Bruno Buesser on Apr 15, 2015...

FireDAC mobile app error as sqlite as delphi XE7 [Edit] #2
i im trying of connect my app as FireDAC but i have some errors. I follow all steps of Mobile_Tutotils_en_pdf file for delphi XE7. First i add one FireDAConnection compoent, after i in FireDAConnection Edit i set DriverID as Sqlite, in Database parameter i set this existing sqlite database "shoplist.s3db , and i set lockingmode to normal as this manual tell. I After i follow steps 1,2,3,4 and in the step 5 of the page 265 when i try of to set Connected property to true, i get this error: 1. [FireDac][Comp][Clnt]-340. Driver ID is not defined. Set TFDConnection.DriverName or Add D...

Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 using QODBC Driver
I have a Windows 32 Application using Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 version using the QODBC driver from Inuit. However, I can connect using Delphi XE6 version with FireDac ODBC driver component. When I try to connect get this error message: Read of Address in module KERNELBASE.dll Access Violation at address . I have try several things even compiling under 32bit and 64bit same error, but compiled in Delphi XE6 it works fine! Has anyone else seen this? Thanks Garnet Hello If you like, you can send test database file to Dmitry dot Arefiev at embarcadero dot co...

Getting [FireDAC][Phys][ODBC][CWBODBC.DLL] SQL_ERROR in XE8
Hi I havde just installed XE8 and I am testing connection to an iSeries (AS/400) system. I have done it successfully in XE6 but with XE8 I am getting the error message shown in the mail subject. The set up is the same in XE6 and XE8 Below I have copied the info tab from XE6 and XE8 (have replacded the IP address with Xs) In XE8 it does not seem to connect to AS/400 at all - since I am entering invalid sign on info and I do not get any sign on failure messages. The ODBCadvanced parameter string is the same in XE6 & XE8: SYSTEM=XX.XX.XX.XX;DFTPKGLIB=QGPL;LANGUAGEID=ENU;PKG=QGPL/DE...

Delphi XE6 How to link FastReport components to FireDAC components?
Hi to all. I'm wondering on how to link FastReport componets to FireDAC components. A Delphi XE article "Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAC)" tells about some misterious component called "TfrxComponents" that is used to do de job but I can't find it nowhere. FastReport demos uses ADOTables and ADOQuerys but no FDQueys neither FDTables. Is there any source code example for doing this? I'll appreciate any link than can help me to best understand my trouble. Regards, Hernando. Please, contact FastReports company regarding FireDAC / FastRepor...

Delphi XE6 How to link FastReport components to FireDAC components?
Hi to all. I'm wondering on how to link FastReport componets to FireDAC components. A Delphi XE article "Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAC)" tells about some misterious component called "TfrxComponents" that is used to do de job but I can't find it nowhere. FastReport demos uses ADOTables and ADOQuerys but no FDQueys neither FDTables. Is there any source code example for doing this? I'll appreciate any link than can help me to best understand my trouble. Regards, Hernando. First of all, FastReports has a propensity to uninstall itself. S...

Converting to FireDAC gives error
Hello, I was converting my project from using *ZeosDBO* to *FireDAC* and cant get past this error: *With Zeos:* {code} procedure UpdateCaption; procedure TMainForm.UpdateCaption; begin Caption := Format('Delphi - Connection: %s:%d / %s', [MyConnection.HostName, MyConnection.Port, GetDBVersion]); Application.Title := Caption; end; {code} tried to convert it something like that: {code} procedure UpdateCaption; procedure TMainForm.UpdateCaption; begin Caption := Format('Delphi - Connection: %s:%d / %s', [MyConnection.Open('Server'), MyConnection...

Error HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error with Indy FireDac DataSnap XE7
*I made a server application that calling the methods by browse, everything works perfect,* *but to test my methods build a client using TdHTTP it and call the methods as follows:* procedure TF_CLIENTE.SBEnviar2Click(Sender: TObject); var Url : String; lJSO : String; jsonToSend : TStringStream; begin Url := 'http://localhost:809...ecomandoPOST/'; lJSO := ('{"name":"TESTE"}'); jsonToSend := TStringStream.Create(lJSO,TEncoding.UTF8); idHttp.ProxyParams...

[FireDAC][Phys][SQLite] Error: database is locked
I am trying to parse a Memo field and write records to an SQLite database in Delphi XE5. I have a grid open to display the Table. Before the parsing begins, I set FDTable1 to Append mode. Then I parse a number of lines within the Memo and after the last line associated with that record, I set the individual database fields and do an FDTable1.Post. At that point, the first record appears in the grid correctly and I get the following error message: [FireDAC][Phys]{SQlite] Error: database is locked. When I close the program, the record has not been permanently written to the database....

Web resources about - FireDAC.Phys.ODBC component gives compiler error in XE8 not in XE7 - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Corvette Stingray gets optional Z06 components
Filed under: Chevrolet , Coupe , Performance Chevrolet announces a series of upgrades available for the Corvette Stingray derived from the equipment ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people

Taiwan panel makers calling on China government for component tariff reductions
Panel makers in Taiwan are calling on the China government to allow for zero tariffs on panel components due to Taiwan's weakening panel supply ...

Teflon Component Tied to Kids' Weight Gain
PFOA, a main component of Teflon, has been linked to increased body fat and faster weight gain in children.