FireDAC XE6 unable to connect to MySQL database [Edit]

Hello,

today I created my first database app with Delphi XE6 professional (+ Firedac client/server).
While there was no problem with Firebird database, I can not connect to MySQL database.
As it's my first database application, I have to describe all the steps in detail;

1. I created vcl form app
2. I put FDConnection component, changed drivername to FB
3. In params:
DriverID=FB
Database=D:\EMPLOYEE.FDB
User_Name=SYSDBA
Password=masterkey
Protocol=TCPIP
Server=localhost
changed connected to True; (connection is OK after these steps)
4. I added TFDQuery, changed connection to FDConnection1
5. I changed SQL in properties to: "Select * from employee", changed active to true
6. I added TDataSource component and changed DataSet to FDQuery1
7. I added TDBGrid, changed DataSource to dataSource1, the table filled with data...

everything works perfecty.

the problem begins when I want to connect to MySQL database in the same way.
(of course I changed drivername to MySQL and file to local 'd:\saqilamysqldb\sakila-data.sql file (downloaded sample MySQL db from net)

First error was: [FireDAC][Phys][MySQL]-314 Cannot load vendor library [libmysql.dll or libmysqld.dll]
I installed MySQL x86 64bit server to my64-bit machine, copied libmysql.dll into my app exe directory, but this has not solved the problem.
compilation was to 32-bit app.

On connect I get above mentioned error or :

[FireDAC][Phys][MySQL] Unknown database 'd:\saqilamysqldb\sakila-data.sql'
(the same with other sql files exported from webserver with phpmyadmin)

Another error apears when I connect to another MySQL server (non local).

[FireDAC][Phys][MySQL] Connection using old (pre-4.1.1) authentication protocol refused (client option 'secure_auth' enabled)

params for mysql: (local connection)
DriverID=MySQL
Database=D:\saqilamysqldb\sakila-data.sql
User_Name=root
Password=...
Protocol=TCPIP
Server=localhost

MySQL port is standard: 3306 both locally and on remote mysql server.

Do you have any idea how to solve the problems (local and remote connection)?
Regards

Edited by: Katarzyna Malinowska-Wituła on Jun 30, 2014 10:31 AM

Edited by: Katarzyna Malinowska-Wituła on Jun 30, 2014 10:38 AM
0
Utf

Katarzyna Malinowska-Wituła wrote:
> Do you have any idea how to solve the problems (local and remote connection)?

Install the MySQL 32 bit client. Make sure it is in your path.
Installing the 64 client will not work as RAD Studio is a 32 bit
application and 32 bit applications cannot use 64 bit DLLs.
0
quinn

Unable to upgrade FireDAC with XE6 Professional
Hi, We have XE6 Professional and FireDAC Addon Pack license. I select "Modify, Repair, Uninstall" from Start Menu, then select "Upgrade" and enter FireDAC Addon Serial. Then I proceed the setup as it is. Somewhere around %61 it gets error 2343. Tried the registry trick from support.codegear.com/article/39559 although it is for Delphi 2009; but that did not work. What should I do? Thank you. Edited by: Alper Kaya on Jul 2, 2014 5:43 AM It seems I was supposed to use License Manager and Register FireDAC Addon Serial from there. I do not need to "Upgrade&...

FireDAC XE6: Unable to create MS Access 2010 database
Hi, I'm using Delphi XE6. MS Office 2010 is installed in my machine ( as does my customer). I follow the instructions to install the latest ODBC driver (using /passive in the command line). Control panels shows : Microsoft Access database engine 2010 (English) - 14.0.7015.1000 We can create an empty MS Access Database in "2007 - 2010" format (via Explorer->New->MS Access Database). MS Access itself displays the version in the application caption. However when I create the database using my application and FireDAC, all I get is "Access 2002 - 200...

Acessing MySQL Server database through FireDAC with my android app XE5 [Edit]
Hi Everybody, Is it possible to connect to a mySQL server database, through FIREDAC of XE5? I am developing an android application in XE5. Is there any other way for my android application acessing MySQL database? Thanks in advance. Best Regards Edited by: Ana Rodrigues on Mar 31, 2014 7:35 AM Edited by: Ana Rodrigues on Mar 31, 2014 7:37 AM You need to use DataSnap to do this. This is because a MySQL client does not exist on mobile platforms. Ana Rodrigues wrote: > Hi Everybody, > Is it possible to connect to a mySQL server database, through FIREDAC of XE5? I am dev...

[FireDAC][Phys][SQLite]ERROR:unable to open database file. [Edit]
hi, I encountered a problem。 I basically created a page according to the APP.( [page address|http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Mobile_Tutorial:_Using_FireDAC_in_Mobile_Applications_(iOS_and_Android)] ) After the deployment is complete compilation。 Running on the phone when the error message [FireDAC][Phys][SQLite]ERROR:unable to open database file. thank you Source Code: implementation {$R *.fmx} procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin if edit1.Text='' then begin label1.Text := 'not null'; edit1.SetFocus; ...

Delphi XE6 FireDAC SQLite copy a table from one database to another
How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a simple command to do this? Thanks! > How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a simple command to do this? Thanks! You should use ATTACH command. For example: {code} ATTACH 'c:\secondDB.sdb' AS sec; INSERT INTO SomeTab SELECT * FROM sec.SomeTab; {code} -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect Thanks! > {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote} > > How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

FireDac Connection to MySQL
Hi I have a FD connection to a MySQL database, everything works OK. I now want to move this to a customer machine but the properties mySQLConnection.Params of ..server and .port do not appear to be able to be configured when my application starts. How do I set these parameters at run time? Thanks for looking Philip L Jackson Philip wrote: > I have a FD connection to a MySQL database, everything works OK. > > I now want to move this to a customer machine but the properties > mySQLConnection.Params of > > .server and .port do not appear to be ...

FireDAC cant connect to MySQL
I am trying to connect to a MySQL database through FireDAC. I've installed MySQL Workbench and all the Connectors, but for some reason FireDAC can't find the driver. I get an error message that begins: [FireDAC][Phys][MySQL]=314, Cannot load vendor library [libmysql.dll, or libmysqld.dll]. The system cannot find the file specified. I've looked at: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Connect_to_MySQL_Server_(FireDAC) which suggests a number of frightening options like copying dlls around (that's just begging for dll version problems). It also sugges...

FireDac Connection problem with MySQL
Repost from the DataBase\General forum. (seems FireDac issue) I think I have here same kind of problem as Stefano Gamberoni when using for the first time a MySQL connection in my application. (Using XE3, FireDac version 7.0.1) The program using the connection will wait for next sql query process (like one day later) but then the message is raised "MySQL server has gone away" I've tried to close/dispose/free the connection but that has no effect. Only after restarting the application the connection is renewed. Also tried to set the time-out of the MySQL config on a long...

FireDac Connection Problem [Edit]
On my first attempt to use FireDac (with a Firebird 2.5.2 sample DB) in Delphi/RAD Studio XE3 I'm having problems getting a connection. This is my Connection String: Provider=MSDASQL.1;Password=masterkey;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=SYSDBA;Data Source=C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\examples\empbuild\employee.fdb;Mode=ReadWrite On testing the connection I get *Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Unspecified error.* Have I chosen incorrect provider? Appreciated some help so I can move forward Edited by: Adam Gatt on Jun 6, 2013 4:...

Unable to connect to mysql database
Hi, I have mysql server running on RedHat 7, and I can access it directly by typing 'mysql' and I can use the test database, as any user. I can confirm that the database is running, and I can connect to it. I installed DBI-1.14 and Data-ShowTable-3.3. Then with Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2215, I ran perl Makefile.PL make make test The test failed all the way through because it couldn't connect. The following is the type of error I got. t/10dsnlist.........DBI->connect(database=test) failed: Can't connect to local M ySQL server through socket '/tmp/m...

Unable to connect to database server: Unable to start database engine
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. However, here goes. I am using PB 7.0 I set up my database using the ODBC Data Source Administrator configuration for Adaptive Server Anywhere (System DSN). Then I created my profile. I tested the connection and it worked fine. Then I went to Jaguar Manager, created the Connection Cache using the database I just setup. I setup everything currectly including using the odbc32.dll (Driver Tab) I got this error when I pinged it: (error is taken from my aguar's srv.log file) May 24 10:06:32 2001: cm__odbc_error: ...

firedac mysql connection params string
i have to connect to my database server on form show so i added my sql information to a TFDConnection with these details: {code} User_Name=delphi Database=biostar Password=12 CharacterSet=utf8 DriverID=MySQL {code} every thing is ok and program running well and all parts working good than i tired to add a custom error message to my onshow event *if it cant connect to database* so i maked a function like this: {code} function connectDBs: boolean; var RegPMP: TRegistry; begin RegPMP:= TRegistry.Create; try RegPMP.RootKey := HKEY_CURRENT_USER; if R...

Web resources about - FireDAC XE6 unable to connect to MySQL database [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

Animal Venom Database Could Be Boon To Drug Development
A new public database that catalogs animal toxins could spur the development of new drugs made with compounds found in animal venom.