Firedac for Delphi XE Pro

Will the XE4 Client Server Pack for FireDac work properly with Delphi XE Professional?
Will that provide the full Firedac functionality or is it limited? Is it dependent on functionality in the Enterprise product which is not in the Professional?
And finally, will I have the license rights to market and sell the application I create? I understand it does not require dbexpress which has certain restrictions, correct?

I would like to be able to evaluate it in an XE environment without upgrading everything just to try and work with it.
0
Patrick

Patrick Moloney wrote:
> Will the XE4 Client Server Pack for FireDac work properly with Delphi XE Professional?
> Will that provide the full Firedac functionality or is it limited? Is it dependent on functionality in the Enterprise product which is not in the Professional?
> And finally, will I have the license rights to market and sell the application I create? I understand it does not require dbexpress which has certain restrictions, correct?
>
> I would like to be able to evaluate it in an XE environment without upgrading everything just to try and work with it.

If you install as shown here:

http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42970

It will theoretically work with Delphi XE Professional. However, it is
untested by Embarcadero and therefore unsupported. However, AnyDAC did
test it in the past.

License.txt is your governing legal document as to your terms and
conditions for licensing. I see no mention about it be restricted to any
particular version.

FireDAC does not require DBExpress.
0
quinn
6/24/2013 3:06:14 PM
Quinn,
Thanks that's what I need to know.
Patrick
0
Patrick

FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4
Hi, Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4? Thanks, Luk Luk Smolders wrote: >Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where >can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4? I got mine from https://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29369 Cheers, Nick -- Sent from my XanaNews v1.19.1.373 > {quote:title=Nicholas Ring wrote:}{quote} > Luk Smolders wrote: > > >Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where > >can I download FireDAC for Delp...

FireDac in Delphi XE5 Pro
Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they are installed on the same PC. Pete K FireDAC does SQLite w/ encryption on Windows. Peter Kane wrote: > Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any > useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer > an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they > are installed on the same PC. > > Pete...

FireDAC XE5 with Delphi XE
I have Delphi Enterprise XE5 and XE, and use both for various projects. Is it possible to use the new FireDAC that comes with XE5 (v9.x I believe) with Delphi Enterprise XE? If so, how do I obtain the standalone FireDAC XE5 installer? I have an active RAD Studio Enterprise software assurance plan. I've looked for FireDAC XE5 in my registered users download section, but I can't find anything for FireDAC XE5. I can only find downloads for FireDAC XE4. Regards, -Kevin Hello Kevin > Is it possible to use the new FireDAC that comes with XE5 (v9.x I > believe) wi...

Firedac: Delphi Pro vs Enterprise
If i understand correctly FIREDAC is present in both Pro and Enterprise version of Delphi but in the Pro version is possible to connect only to a DB server that is running in the same PC where the client is executed. Is it correct ? thanks Roberto Il 02/10/2014 16:44, roberto nicchi ha scritto: > If i understand correctly FIREDAC is present in both Pro and Enterprise > version of Delphi but in the Pro version is possible to connect only to > a DB server that is running in the same PC where the client is executed. > Is it correct ? > > thanks > Roberto &...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Firedac memtable included wih delphi XE5 Pro?
Hello, is the firedac memtable included with the Delphi XE5 pro sku? Mike Margerum wrote: > Hello, is the firedac memtable included with the Delphi XE5 pro sku? According to the feature matrix: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/delphi-feature-matrix Yes. -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] Thank you dave. I couldn't find that feature matrix. ...

FireDAC 8.0.3.3291 U1 (iOS) Delphi XE4 PRO
I own RAD Studio XE4 and after installing FireDAC 8.0.3.3291 Update 1 from here: ID 29410, FireDAC XE4 for RAD Studio Pro & Delphi Pro w/ Mobile - Update 1 http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29410 .... I get this error ... "Can't load package C:\Users\UserXE4\Documents\RADStudio\11.0\Bpl\AnyDAC_Dcl_D18.bpl ..." The bpl is definitely not there and it look like the installer didn''t copied/compiled the dpk/bpl for RAD Studio IDE use .... Any hints/workarounds ? Hello Ciprian Please check AnyDAC*.bpl's in FireDAC\Dcu\D18\win32 folder. If the BPL's ar...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

FireDAC for Delphi 2007 ?
Hello, I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. Thanks, Regards, Emmanuel Lion FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE4/XE3, see: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42970 M. E.L. wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack > can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. > > Thanks, > Regards, > > Emmanuel Lion > On 02.10.2013 18:17, quinn wildman wrote: > FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No > FireDAC Client/Server Pack ...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source ro remove this issue. I suggest to the FireDAC newgroup. You'll probably get a better response there. Sebastian Kumor wrote: > Hello, > I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, > My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. > It doesn't work. Mayb...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source ro remove this issue. I suggest to the FireDAC newgroup. You'll probably get a better response there. Sebastian Kumor wrote: > Hello, > I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, > My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. > It doesn't work. Mayb...

Web resources about - Firedac for Delphi XE Pro - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

DSP Engineer - Jobs - CFO World - Finance & Technology
CFOworld.com.au covers accounting, risk management, taxation, technology and financial news from ASX-listed companies.

Embarcadero Launches RAD Studio XE7
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables

Embarcadero Webinars

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 (Delphi, C++Builder): is seven the magic number?
Embarcadero has released version 7 of its XE programming suite. The main products included are Delphi and C++ Builder, RAD development tools ...

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 - Dr Dobb's
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables