FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4

Hi,

Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where can I
download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4?

Thanks,
Luk
0
Luk

Luk Smolders wrote:

>Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where
>can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4?

I got mine from https://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29369

Cheers,
Nick

--
Sent from my XanaNews v1.19.1.373
0
> {quote:title=Nicholas Ring wrote:}{quote}
> Luk Smolders wrote:

> >can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4?
>
> I got mine from https://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29369
>
> Cheers,
> Nick
>
> --
> Sent from my XanaNews v1.19.1.373

I tried this link, but got 'Not Authorized'.
I have FireDAC license with SA. (valid till end of year)
I bought upgrade to Delphi XE4 Pro last week.
I received email with registration code for FireDAC XE4 last week
but I can't access the download ...
0
Luk
4/29/2013 5:44:21 AM
Luk Smolders wrote:
> I tried this link, but got 'Not Authorized'.
> I have FireDAC license with SA. (valid till end of year)
> I bought upgrade to Delphi XE4 Pro last week.
> I received email with registration code for FireDAC XE4 last week
> but I can't access the download ...

I'm seeing a problem on our side with your support and maintenance. I
expect it to be resolved with 24 hours. If you have not gotten a new
email by then, please create a support case and we will be glad to
assist you. Here is how to create a support case:

1. http://support.embarcadero.com
2. Click the create a case button
3. For product, enter Delphi, for your serial number enter your Delphi
XE4 serial number.
0
quinn
4/29/2013 4:41:24 PM
Not sure if this helps anyone, but I have already raised a support issue about the same thing too; I'm having trouble getting to what I think is the right version of FireDAC and have pretty much the same configuration as Luk (I think I put in the FireDAC serial no but I did mention that in my support case).

IanB.

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Luk Smolders wrote:
> > I tried this link, but got 'Not Authorized'.
> > I have FireDAC license with SA. (valid till end of year)
> > I bought upgrade to Delphi XE4 Pro last week.
> > I received email with registration code for FireDAC XE4 last week
> > but I can't access the download ...
>
> I'm seeing a problem on our side with your support and maintenance. I
> expect it to be resolved with 24 hours. If you have not gotten a new
> email by then, please create a support case and we will be glad to
> assist you. Here is how to create a support case:
>
> 1. http://support.embarcadero.com
> 2. Click the create a case button
> 3. For product, enter Delphi, for your serial number enter your Delphi
> XE4 serial number.
0
Ian
4/29/2013 4:50:45 PM
Ian Barker wrote:
> Not sure if this helps anyone, but I have already raised a support issue about the same thing too; I'm having trouble getting to what I think is the right version of FireDAC and have pretty much the same configuration as Luk (I think I put in the FireDAC serial no but I did mention that in my support case).
>
> IanB.

Your problem is different. Nicholas appears to not have gotten support
and maintenance for XE4. I see you have. In short, your order
confirmation email should have a link to download your software. You do
not get it from registered users. We'll assist you in more detail in
your case.
0
quinn
4/29/2013 4:55:20 PM
Thanks Quinn.  I guess I'm a bit confused about what should be where.  Everything else is working fine except for the FireDAC.

IanB.

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Ian Barker wrote:
> > Not sure if this helps anyone, but I have already raised a support issue about the same thing too; I'm having trouble getting to what I think is the right version of FireDAC and have pretty much the same configuration as Luk (I think I put in the FireDAC serial no but I did mention that in my support case).
> >
> > IanB.
>
> Your problem is different. Nicholas appears to not have gotten support
> and maintenance for XE4. I see you have. In short, your order
> confirmation email should have a link to download your software. You do
> not get it from registered users. We'll assist you in more detail in
> your case.
0
Ian
4/29/2013 5:32:49 PM
> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Nicholas appears to not have gotten support and maintenance for XE4.

Do you mean for FireDAC? If so, I would like to say that purchased support for a year a couple of weeks ago. If this is not the case from Embarcadero's perspective, then there is something extremely wrong (on Embarcadero side of things), as I received the alt.embarcadero.com (address could be wrong, as I am going from memory) download link in an email this morning.

Please clear this confusion up for me, so I know how I should proceed. Feel free to take off line if you like.

Cheers,
Nick
0
Nicholas
4/29/2013 10:07:32 PM
Nicholas Ring wrote:
> Please clear this confusion up for me, so I know how I should proceed. Feel free to take off line if you like.

An email was sent to you earlier today with everything you should need.
If you cannot find it, please create a support case and we will help
locate it for you.
0
quinn
4/29/2013 11:03:22 PM
I've received a download link from the support.
Thanks.
0
Luk

FireDAC 8.0.3.3291 U1 (iOS) Delphi XE4 PRO
I own RAD Studio XE4 and after installing FireDAC 8.0.3.3291 Update 1 from here: ID 29410, FireDAC XE4 for RAD Studio Pro & Delphi Pro w/ Mobile - Update 1 http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29410 .... I get this error ... "Can't load package C:\Users\UserXE4\Documents\RADStudio\11.0\Bpl\AnyDAC_Dcl_D18.bpl ..." The bpl is definitely not there and it look like the installer didn''t copied/compiled the dpk/bpl for RAD Studio IDE use .... Any hints/workarounds ? Hello Ciprian Please check AnyDAC*.bpl's in FireDAC\Dcu\D18\win32 folder. If the BPL's ar...

FireDac in Delphi XE5 Pro
Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they are installed on the same PC. Pete K FireDAC does SQLite w/ encryption on Windows. Peter Kane wrote: > Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any > useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer > an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they > are installed on the same PC. > > Pete...

Firedac for Delphi XE Pro
Will the XE4 Client Server Pack for FireDac work properly with Delphi XE Professional? Will that provide the full Firedac functionality or is it limited? Is it dependent on functionality in the Enterprise product which is not in the Professional? And finally, will I have the license rights to market and sell the application I create? I understand it does not require dbexpress which has certain restrictions, correct? I would like to be able to evaluate it in an XE environment without upgrading everything just to try and work with it. Patrick Moloney wrote: > Will the XE4 Client Serve...

Firedac: Delphi Pro vs Enterprise
If i understand correctly FIREDAC is present in both Pro and Enterprise version of Delphi but in the Pro version is possible to connect only to a DB server that is running in the same PC where the client is executed. Is it correct ? thanks Roberto Il 02/10/2014 16:44, roberto nicchi ha scritto: > If i understand correctly FIREDAC is present in both Pro and Enterprise > version of Delphi but in the Pro version is possible to connect only to > a DB server that is running in the same PC where the client is executed. > Is it correct ? > > thanks > Roberto &...

FireDac Update 1 on Delphi XE4
Ok, I was able to download FireDac on our Mac and at home, so it seems that I can't download update 1 on our regular computers. However, am I mistaken when I say that there is no way to install the new FireDac update into Delphi XE4? If you use the showide parameter, Delphi XE4 will not show up. Thanks > {quote:title=Phillip Woon wrote:}{quote} > Ok, I was able to download FireDac on our Mac and at home, so it seems that I can't download update 1 on our regular computers. > > However, am I mistaken when I say that there is no way to install the new FireDac upd...

FireDac XE4 version with Delphi 2006
We recently purchase FireDac XE4 to use with Delphi 2006. After following the instructions for installing (with the /showide parameter) I got it installed fine but I'm unable to use it. If I simple place a TADConnection on a form, run it and close the app I get an exception: --------------------------- Debugger Exception Notification --------------------------- Project testfiredac.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access violation at address 0052D4CA in module 'testfiredac.exe'. Read of address 000000D0'. --------------------------- Break C...

Where found Firedac Trial for Delphi Xe4 Trial
In Delphi Xe4 Trial not have Firedac. Where found Firedac Trial for Test? > Where found Firedac Trial for Test? "There is not a trial available" according to: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/firedac-faq -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib ...

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Where can I find a Delphi XE4 FireDac SQLite for IOS?
Where can I find a good example of using Delphi XE4 FireDac SQLite for IOS? I am unable to use append and edit without getting strange data corruptions. An append is overwriting the last appended or editted record and then all other records are corrupted with foreign characters. Just need a good solid example to get started. Create the database and tables on the device. Do not want to use inserts or updates. Want to use the append, edit, and delete functionality from the client dataset components. Maintain storage on device. Strange that no SQLite examples with IOS are with s...

Firedac memtable included wih delphi XE5 Pro?
Hello, is the firedac memtable included with the Delphi XE5 pro sku? Mike Margerum wrote: > Hello, is the firedac memtable included with the Delphi XE5 pro sku? According to the feature matrix: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/delphi-feature-matrix Yes. -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] Thank you dave. I couldn't find that feature matrix. ...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source ro remove this issue. I suggest to the FireDAC newgroup. You'll probably get a better response there. Sebastian Kumor wrote: > Hello, > I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, > My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. > It doesn't work. Mayb...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

Web resources about - FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4 - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

DSP Engineer - Jobs - CFO World - Finance & Technology
CFOworld.com.au covers accounting, risk management, taxation, technology and financial news from ASX-listed companies.

Embarcadero Launches RAD Studio XE7
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables

Embarcadero Webinars

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 (Delphi, C++Builder): is seven the magic number?
Embarcadero has released version 7 of its XE programming suite. The main products included are Delphi and C++ Builder, RAD development tools ...

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 - Dr Dobb's
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables