FireDAC folder absent (Delphi XE5)

I'm just poking around with FireDAC for the first time

We're using Delphi 5 Enterprise version, so should be able to access MySQL on a remote server.

My initial issues are that the files that I'd expect to see (from  [this|http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Utilities_(FireDAC)] article) don;t seem to exist.

Coupled to this, when I run FireDAC Explorer from C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\bin it deems to be looking for a folder +\RAD Studio\FireDAC+ and so doesn't save the created profiles...

Any suggestions?
0
Dan

> {quote:title=Dan Kelly wrote:}{quote}
> I'm just poking around with FireDAC for the first time
>
> We're using Delphi 5 Enterprise version, so should be able to access MySQL on a remote server.
>
> My initial issues are that the files that I'd expect to see (from  [this|http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Utilities_(FireDAC)] article) don;t seem to exist.
>
> Coupled to this, when I run FireDAC Explorer from C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\bin it deems to be looking for a folder +\RAD Studio\FireDAC+ and so doesn't save the created profiles...
>
> Any suggestions?

I've found the solution to the second issue  [here|http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Release_Notes_for_XE5_Update_1#Set_the_Registry_Value_for_.24.28PUBLICDOCUMENTSDIR.29_in_order_to_use_a_FireDAC_TFDConnection]

Still can't find the FireDAC utilities...
0
Dan
10/11/2013 9:58:07 AM
Hello Dan

> My initial issues are that the files that I'd expect to see (from
> [this|http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Utilities_(FireDAC)]
> article) don;t seem to exist.

This is the documentation issue, which comes after AnyDAC.
At moment two FireDAC utilities are in the RAD Studio\Bin folder:
- FDExplorer
- FDMonitor

Another utility you can find in the demo folder:
- (Demos)\Delphi\Database\FireDAC\Tool\Executor

FDAdministrator was mistakenly excluded from RAD Studio
and will be returned back in future versions.

> Coupled to this, when I run FireDAC Explorer from C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\bin it deems to be looking for a folder
> +\RAD Studio\FireDAC+ and so doesn't save the created profiles...

I see that you are resolved this issue.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

FireDAC XE5 with Delphi XE
I have Delphi Enterprise XE5 and XE, and use both for various projects. Is it possible to use the new FireDAC that comes with XE5 (v9.x I believe) with Delphi Enterprise XE? If so, how do I obtain the standalone FireDAC XE5 installer? I have an active RAD Studio Enterprise software assurance plan. I've looked for FireDAC XE5 in my registered users download section, but I can't find anything for FireDAC XE5. I can only find downloads for FireDAC XE4. Regards, -Kevin Hello Kevin > Is it possible to use the new FireDAC that comes with XE5 (v9.x I > believe) wi...

FireDac in Delphi XE5 Pro
Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they are installed on the same PC. Pete K FireDAC does SQLite w/ encryption on Windows. Peter Kane wrote: > Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any > useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer > an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they > are installed on the same PC. > > Pete...

FireDAC and FetchBlobs with MySQL 5.5 and Delphi XE5
I try to obtain a stream of blob field stored in MySQL Database. With Oracle and MSSQL, it works great but with MYSQL, it doesn't work. I proceed like it's indicated in the documentation: ms-help://embarcadero.rs_xe5/libraries/FireDAC.Comp.DataSet.TFDDataSet.FetchBlobs.html {code} FDQuery1.FetchOptions.Items := FDQuery1.FetchOptions.Items - [fiBlobs]; FDQuery1.Open; ..... FDQuery1.FetchBlobs; oStr := FDQuery1.CreateBlobStream(FDQuery1.FieldByName('image'), bmRead); try // process image finally oStr.Free; end; {code} Does somebody succeed loading blob in ...

Firedac memtable included wih delphi XE5 Pro?
Hello, is the firedac memtable included with the Delphi XE5 pro sku? Mike Margerum wrote: > Hello, is the firedac memtable included with the Delphi XE5 pro sku? According to the feature matrix: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/delphi-feature-matrix Yes. -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] Thank you dave. I couldn't find that feature matrix. ...

Delphi XE5: Missing Propery Editors sources For Firedac Components
I'm developing in Delphi XE5 Enterprise edition. I'm looking for Firedac's Components Editors source file in source/Property Editors folder and i'm not able to find them. Component Editor is an object that usually extends TComponentEditor. Do you confirm that Embarcadero has not release the source code for Firedac's Components Editors in Delphi XE5? Hello Federico Most design time property editors and several component editors source files are not delivered. But several "major" component editors source files are delivered: * FireDAC.VCLUI.ConnEdit.pas - TF...

Delphi XE5 Enterprise FireDAC SQL Server driver not in list
Just installed Delphi XE5 Studio Enterprise. Playing with FireDAC components. When I drop a TFDConnection on my form, I am looking for the driver for Microsoft SQL Server. I do not see it in the list. I see ADS, ASA, FB, IB, MSAcc, MySQL, ODBC, PG, SQLLite. Is there a separate install? Wayne This is a bug. The workaround is to drop TFDPhysMSSQLDriverLink on a form. Then MSSQL will be accessible in the drivers list. -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informi...

FireDAC installation
My company's currently using Delphi 2010 (Professional), and we're very tempted by the current upgrade offer to take us to Delphi XE5. While our internal release cycles mean we're likely to put off the actual upgrade to XE5, we could make use of the FireDAC system in the near future and as far as I can tell from the feature matrix this +is+ bundled with XE5 Pro. So, as the offer means the upgrade to XE5 is only slightly more expensive than the FireDAC package in isolation, does anyone know if it's possible to install/use the FireDAC bundled with XE5 on our 2010 installati...

Delphi XE5
Hi Watching Pawels video on Firedac usage he has his DataExplorer window showing all his Firedac connections. However, on my DataExplorer I only have dbExpress connections shown. Any idea why the Firedac ones are missing and how I can get them to show (so I can use them)? Barry Wood wrote: > Hi > Watching Pawels video on Firedac usage he has his DataExplorer window showing all his Firedac connections. However, on my DataExplorer I only have dbExpress connections shown. Any idea why the Firedac ones are missing and how I can get them to show (so I can use them)? Data Explorer supp...

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source ro remove this issue. I suggest to the FireDAC newgroup. You'll probably get a better response there. Sebastian Kumor wrote: > Hello, > I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, > My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. > It doesn't work. Mayb...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source ro remove this issue. I suggest to the FireDAC newgroup. You'll probably get a better response there. Sebastian Kumor wrote: > Hello, > I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, > My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. > It doesn't work. Mayb...

Web resources about - FireDAC folder absent (Delphi XE5) - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

DSP Engineer - Jobs - CFO World - Finance & Technology
CFOworld.com.au covers accounting, risk management, taxation, technology and financial news from ASX-listed companies.

Embarcadero Launches RAD Studio XE7
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables

Embarcadero Webinars

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 (Delphi, C++Builder): is seven the magic number?
Embarcadero has released version 7 of its XE programming suite. The main products included are Delphi and C++ Builder, RAD development tools ...

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 - Dr Dobb's
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables