Firedac FDTable reopen table after ApplyUpdates

We migrates a three tiers app (ClientDataSet/DataSetProvider) from D7 to XE7.
To connect to the DB we decided to invest on FireDac technology, but we have a problem: the components FDTable and FDQuery reopen the whole dataset for each modification.
Could you give us any suggestions to avoid this pittfall?

Thanks for your concern.
0
Stefano

As I can remember, this issue was fixed in XE8.
It was related to the fact, that although FireDAC supports unidirectional datasets,
the TDataSet.IsUnidirectional was returning False for them. In XE8 IsUnidirectional
returns True for FireDAC unidirectional datasets.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

Delphi XE6 FireDAC SQLite copy a table from one database to another
How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a simple command to do this? Thanks! > How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a simple command to do this? Thanks! You should use ATTACH command. For example: {code} ATTACH 'c:\secondDB.sdb' AS sec; INSERT INTO SomeTab SELECT * FROM sec.SomeTab; {code} -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect Thanks! > {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote} > > How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a...

FireDac
Hello, I am using Delphi XE4 and facing a problem with FireDac (8.0.5) and MySQL. I'm trying to get the last 100 records from a large table (20 million rows). When I run the following SQL: {code}select * from largetable order by FId limit 100{code} in MySQL Workbench it returns in 0.2 seconds. When I run the above SQL in Delphi through an ADQuery it never returns (Delphi freezes). Any Ideas ? Thank you ...

FireDac, table not found (wrong table owner) [Edit]
Hello, I am testing an small project with Delphi XE7 and Firedac. My DB system is SQL Anywhere Version 11. I created the DB connection like this: FDConnection1 (with Login Dialog) -> FDQuery1 (SQL: select Titel from DOC where docid = '000000000' -> Datasource1 -> DBEdit1 (for editing Column 'Titel') Connection to DB, selecting, etc. works perfect. But when i try to edit and post the new value, FireDac says 'Table DOC not found'... The Table 'DOC' has the (default) owner named 'olympia'. When i analyze the update statement with FDMonito...

It is FireDAC after all
Marco announces FireDAC: http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/firedac_announced.html -- Nick The Buy Now button almost work ;-) > {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote} > Marco announces FireDAC: > > http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/firedac_announced.html > That was fast :) delete this message > What's the price for XE3 Pro licensees? Introductory price is $399 -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/firedac > All the links I found just go to a page that lets you purchase Delp...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source ro remove this issue. I suggest to the FireDAC newgroup. You'll probably get a better response there. Sebastian Kumor wrote: > Hello, > I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, > My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. > It doesn't work. Mayb...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

FireDAC?
I'm starting a new development initiative and want to pick the tech that will last the longest and have the most complete feature set. Elsewhere someone noted that DBExpress has been deprecated in favour of FireDAC. I seem to have missed the announcement of FireDAC. So I'm looking for any info on what FireDAC is and why I should use it. Any links? I just discovered the FireDAC newsgroup and the first message there is an announcement with links to the product info and documentation. So my basic question (What is it?) is answered. Still don't know the future of DBExpr...

FireDAC for Delphi 2007 ?
Hello, I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. Thanks, Regards, Emmanuel Lion FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE4/XE3, see: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42970 M. E.L. wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack > can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. > > Thanks, > Regards, > > Emmanuel Lion > On 02.10.2013 18:17, quinn wildman wrote: > FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No > FireDAC Client/Server Pack ...

[...]

Firedac for Delphi XE Pro
Will the XE4 Client Server Pack for FireDac work properly with Delphi XE Professional? Will that provide the full Firedac functionality or is it limited? Is it dependent on functionality in the Enterprise product which is not in the Professional? And finally, will I have the license rights to market and sell the application I create? I understand it does not require dbexpress which has certain restrictions, correct? I would like to be able to evaluate it in an XE environment without upgrading everything just to try and work with it. Patrick Moloney wrote: > Will the XE4 Client Serve...

FireDac reverse engineering table
Hi, i have a TAdQuery component, i execute a query (for example 'select * from customers'), then i would like to create a script that create the corrisponding table and put data inside it with some "insert into" rows. Is there any automatic procedure that generates the script? Hello Davide There is no such build-in functionality in FireDAC. But depending on a DBMS you can use the DBMS build-in features. Also, you can imeplement that on your own using some FireDAC features, like meta-information providing, SQL script execution, etc. -- With best regards, D...

Using FireDac table in a Component
Hi, I am making a component to link a FireDac table to a different component. I am having linker errors. I'm including #include <FireDAC.Comp.Client.hpp> for the TFDTable * member in the Component Class. How do I properly link to FireDac so I don't get the missing .obj errors. Using XE7 c++ (no Delphi personality) ...

Web resources about - Firedac FDTable reopen table after ApplyUpdates - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

fwupd: Firmware Update Daemon
... isalso usable on phones, tablets and on headless servers.You can either use a GUI software manager like GNOME Software to view and applyupdates, ...