Firemonkey SplashScreen Problem

Hi!

I have a complex APP which takes about 9-10 seconds to startup.
The problem is that while the Splashscreen appears immediately, it goes off after 2 seconds.
On the remaining 8 seconds, the screen is completly blank.
The foms are created, and then Application.Run is fired, but until the first form is FormActivated ... there is at least 4-5 seconds delay.

I can't make a custom Splashscreen.Show, because it doesn't show at all, until all packages are loaded.

Anybody have a workaround?
0
Utf

> {quote:title=László Mlnvszky wrote:}{quote}
> Hi!
>
> I have a complex APP which takes about 9-10 seconds to startup.
> The problem is that while the Splashscreen appears immediately, it goes off after 2 seconds.
> On the remaining 8 seconds, the screen is completly blank.
> The foms are created, and then Application.Run is fired, but until the first form is FormActivated ... there is at least 4-5 seconds delay.
>
> I can't make a custom Splashscreen.Show, because it doesn't show at all, until all packages are loaded.
>
> Anybody have a workaround?

Active a 100ms timer in your form create and do you complex stuff in the timer event - (make the default form like a 2nd splash screen ... eg copyright notice etc)

--
Linden
"Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source"

I don't do time-taking operations on startup, so i don't now what takes so much time.
But maybe setting a 2nd splashscreen the main form can be a solution.

What's the point of the "main screen" anyway?

> {quote:title=Linden ROTH wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=László Mlnvszky wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have a complex APP which takes about 9-10 seconds to startup.
> > The problem is that while the Splashscreen appears immediately, it goes off after 2 seconds.
> > On the remaining 8 seconds, the screen is completly blank.
> > The foms are created, and then Application.Run is fired, but until the first form is FormActivated ... there is at least 4-5 seconds delay.
> >
> > I can't make a custom Splashscreen.Show, because it doesn't show at all, until all packages are loaded.
> >
> > Anybody have a workaround?
>
> Active a 100ms timer in your form create and do you complex stuff in the timer event - (make the default form like a 2nd splash screen ... eg copyright notice etc)
>
> --
> Linden
> "Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source"
0
Utf
1/18/2015 10:14:50 AM
> {quote:title=László Mlnvszky wrote:}{quote}
> Interesting Idea, thanks!
>
> I don't do time-taking operations on startup, so i don't now what takes so much time.
> But maybe setting a 2nd splashscreen the main form can be a solution.

Do you have lots of controls etc ... move them off the main form and either
create dynamically after startup or
use frames that are show when required only or
have our initial form as a splash only and have it load your App

> What's the point of the "main screen" anyway?

It the app! ???????

--
Linden
"Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source"

Edited by: Linden ROTH on Jan 18, 2015 3:26 AM
0
Linden
1/18/2015 11:27:19 AM
Yes, I have lot of controls on the main form.
So I'm gonna redesign this. Maybe add an initial "startup form" first.
Great approach, thank for the help!

I think it's gonna solve it!

> {quote:title=Linden ROTH wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=László Mlnvszky wrote:}{quote}
> > Interesting Idea, thanks!
> >
> > I don't do time-taking operations on startup, so i don't now what takes so much time.
> > But maybe setting a 2nd splashscreen the main form can be a solution.
> >
> Do you have lots of controls etc ... move them off the main form and either
> create dynamically after startup or
> use frames that are show when required only or
> have our initial form as a splash only and have it load your App
>
> > What's the point of the "main screen" anyway?
> >
> It the app! ???????
>
> --
> Linden
> "Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source"
>
> Edited by: Linden ROTH on Jan 18, 2015 3:26 AM
0
Utf
1/18/2015 11:57:33 AM
I found that (at least on iOS), the forms are actually created in Application.Run, while the Application.CreateForm simply adds the form to an internal list for later creation. This means that most of the loading time happens *after* calling Application.Run, and there is no event you can set to be informed when the application has finished loading and is actually running.

Only workaround I found was to add an OnCreate event to the last form in the list, which will happen close to the end of loading.

> {quote:title=László Mlnvszky wrote:}{quote}
> Hi!
>
> I have a complex APP which takes about 9-10 seconds to startup.
> The problem is that while the Splashscreen appears immediately, it goes off after 2 seconds.
> On the remaining 8 seconds, the screen is completly blank.
> The foms are created, and then Application.Run is fired, but until the first form is FormActivated ... there is at least 4-5 seconds delay.
>
> I can't make a custom Splashscreen.Show, because it doesn't show at all, until all packages are loaded.
>
> Anybody have a workaround?
0
Hans

Firemonkey Problems
I am new to Firemonkey. I have created the beginning of a program in FireMonkey that includes: SQLConnection SQLQuery DatasetProvider ClientDataSet BindingsList BindSourceDB GridBindSourceDB created by the LiveBinding Wizard The Grid is populated with selected fields from a SQLite3 database. I have three problems. I can’t find a way to center the test in a TLabel and place it at a vertical position that I select. I Can’t find a way to change the font, font size, font color or font horizontal position in the Heading or Body in a GridBindSourceDB. The Edit functions are grayed out...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. ...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

Delphi XE 5 / XE 6 Firemonkey custom component display problem
Hi everybody, I've a problem and I would like to know if you have encountered the same type of problem, and better, if you have solved it. Let's go for the explanation! With Firemonkey if you chose to create a new component derived from TListBox class with the wizard and you build and install it on a custom palet there is no problem. I mean that you can drag your own new component on a form and all is OK! But if you are doing the same thing with the TCustomListBox class as ancestor you can create your component without problem but when you drag this new one on a form you have ...

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

installation problem FireMonkey
Hi! Can not install FireMonkey-iOS.dmg, so we get an error, what could be the problem? http://s1.ipicture.ru/uploads/20120331/WW862UKq.png Please help me !!! vitaly golub wrote: > > {quote:title=Joanna Carter (Team OOAD) wrote:}{quote} > > Le 31/03/12 14:48, vitaly golub a écrit : > > > > > Hi! Can not install FireMonkey-iOS.dmg, so we get an error, what > > > could be the problem? > > > > Like the message says, you have to have Xcode installed first. > > > > Joanna > > > > -- > > Jo...

Problem (FireMonkey for Android)
Hi, I have a problem for an application I'm developing for Android, I added the component "WebBrowser", and I noticed that when I click a text box does not open the virtual keyboard to write, I find this pretty useless because if I browse on the "www.google.com" I should have the ability to run a search on the internet, you know help me to solve this problem? How can I bring up the keyboard when I click on a text box on the web browser? thanks I paid a fortune for the latest release with the Mobile add-on. Only to find this "fineprint" http://docwiki.embar...

Firemonkey datagrid problem
I'm converting a simple database application from VCL to FM. My ClientDataset (about 15K records) is linked to a string grid using LiveBindings. It connects OK, but it only displays the first 200 records. I've tried setting RowCount to zero (as in the sample demo), to the actual number of visible rows (21) and also to 65535. Sometimes, it seems that the RowCount is reset by the IDE to 200 without action by me. ...

GDI+ in firemonkey has problem??!!!
i want use gdi+ in firemonkey xe3 i have error : code is {code} procedure printf(Sender: TCanvas;left,top:integer;text:widestring;font:tfont;all_width,all_height:integer); var AGraphics : IGPGraphics; AFont : IGPFont; APath : IGPGraphicsPath; oo:TGPStringFormat;siz:TGPSizeF; //MATRIS:TGPMatrix; begin AFont := TGPFont.Create(Form1.Canvas.Font.Family,Form1.Canvas.Font.size, font.Style,UnitPixel); // I HAVE ERROR this line for SENDER AGraphics := TGPGraphics.Create(Sender); // error is : [dcc32 Error] Unit1.pas(39): E2250 There is no o...

Making Firemonkey more compatible with Delphi
I have programmed in Delphi since 1995 Delphi1 I am now evaluating Delphi XE4. It boggles my mind, why embarcadero has lost the most important aspects of Delphi. Simplicity and Fast User Interface creation. I can easily see how Firemonkey can be improved to bring it in line with traditional Delphi Techniques by doing the following. 1. All Firemonkey controls need a data aware counterpart. 2. Firemonkey Styles need to be converted to TControl descendants. 3. ie. TLayout goes to TPanel ( TFMXPanel ) 4. ie. TRectangle does to TFrame TFMXFrame ) 5. LiveBindings gets placed un...

Web resources about - Firemonkey SplashScreen Problem - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

destiny-splashscreen photo from Destiny: The Newest First Person Shooter For Xbox and Playstation - Ubergizmo ...
photo from Destiny: The Newest First Person Shooter For Xbox and Playstation named: destiny-splashscreen,

torxx (@thetorxx) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here torxx @ thetorxx Germany ...

Asus Eee Pad Transformer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the electrical device, see Transformer . For other uses, see Transformer (disambiguation) . 9.5 hours; 24.4 Wh Li-polymer battery, 16 hours ...

Arduino - ReleaseNotes
ARDUINO 1.6.5-r2 - 2015.06.17[ide]* Windows: fixed a problem that prevented opening the IDE when double clicking a .ino fileARDUINO 1.6.5 - 2015.06.15[ide]* ...

AllCast now available on the Play Store, allows Android users to beam local content to Apple TV, Xbox ...
Earlier this month, ClockworkMod developer Koushik Dutta made his AllCast app available in beta to people willing to provide feedback on the ...

ClockworkMod's AllCast hits Google Play, casts all the things to (almost) all the places
AllCast, the no-root, cast-all-the-things app from ClockworkMod developer Koushik Dutta, has finally made its way into Google Play.

AllCast goes live in the Play Store from ClockworkMod Developer
The AllCast app that Koushik Dutta has been hard at work on has finally made its way publicly to the Play Store.

AppGyver Steroids API Documentation
AppGyver Steroids API Documentation AppGyver Steroids API Docs stable edge 3.5.8 3.5.7 3.5.5 3.5.3 3.5.12 3.5.1 3.5.0 3.1.9 Home Steroids 3.5.12 ...

Price Drop: Gravity 2.0
... our website at www.lokoapps.comEmail any questions, suggestions, or problems to lokoapps@gmail.com What's New New Loko Apps splashscreen! Gravity ...

Researcher Creates Proof-of-concept Malware That Infects BIOS, Network Cards
New Rakshasa hardware backdoor is persistent and hard to detect, researcher says