FireDac Connection Problem [Edit]

On my first attempt to use FireDac (with a Firebird 2.5.2 sample DB) in Delphi/RAD Studio XE3 I'm having problems getting a connection. This is my Connection String:

Provider=MSDASQL.1;Password=masterkey;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=SYSDBA;Data Source=C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\examples\empbuild\employee.fdb;Mode=ReadWrite

On testing the connection I get *Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Unspecified error.*

Have I chosen incorrect provider?

Appreciated some help so I can move forward

Edited by: Adam Gatt on Jun 6, 2013 4:29 PM
0
Adam

Hello Adam

> Provider=MSDASQL.1;Password=masterkey;Persist Security Info=True;User
> ID=SYSDBA;Data Source=C:\Program
> Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\examples\empbuild\employee.fdb;Mode=ReadWrite

This is ADO connection string, where you are conenction
to Firebird through OLEDB / ODBC provider. This is not
a FireDAC connection string / connection definition. Instead
you should use the following connection definition parameters:

DriverID=IB
User_Name=SYSDBA
Password=masterkey
Database=C:\Program
Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\examples\empbuild\employee.fdb
Server=127.0.0.1
Protocol=TCPIP

More about that:
http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/firedac/Setting_up_Connections.html
http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/firedac/Connect_to_Interbase_or_Firebird.html

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> Hello Adam
>
> > Provider=MSDASQL.1;Password=masterkey;Persist Security Info=True;User
> > ID=SYSDBA;Data Source=C:\Program
> > Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\examples\empbuild\employee.fdb;Mode=ReadWrite
>
> This is ADO connection string, where you are conenction
> to Firebird through OLEDB / ODBC provider. This is not
> a FireDAC connection string / connection definition. Instead
> you should use the following connection definition parameters:
>
> DriverID=IB
> User_Name=SYSDBA
> Password=masterkey
> Database=C:\Program
> Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_5\examples\empbuild\employee.fdb
> Server=127.0.0.1
> Protocol=TCPIP
>
> More about that:
> http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/firedac/Setting_up_Connections.html
> http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/firedac/Connect_to_Interbase_or_Firebird.html
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
> FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
> DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib

Thank you so much for your reply Dmitry but still there is a problem. I used the ADExplorer to create a connection definition and while the connection established successfully (Ctrl+T) when I try Ctrl-A to save the connection definition to the connection definition file I get the message *"Cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\FireDAC\DB\ADConnectionDefs.ini". Access is denied"* and doesn't save the connection definition. If I exit the ADExplorer and re-enter I definition I just created i
s lost.

When I try to create a temporary connection definition using the TADConnection design time editor, by filling the TADConnection.Params property within the Delphi design time editor I get error *"[FireDAC][Phys][IB]Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up s Firebird login.."* when I test the connection.

Very much appreciate your further help on this Dmitry.

Edited by: Adam Gatt on Jun 7, 2013 12:15 AM

Edited by: Adam Gatt on Jun 7, 2013 12:19 AM

Edited by: Adam Gatt on Jun 7, 2013 12:23 AM
0
Adam
6/6/2013 2:23:32 PM
> "Cannot create file "C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Embarcadero\FireDAC\DB\ADConnectionDefs.ini". Access is denied"

Please do the following:
- move ADConnectionDefs.ini to a location, where you have write rights;
- run RegEdit
- goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\FireDAC
- set ConnectionDefFile parameter value to the full path of
ADConnectionDefs.ini
- restart ADExplorer

> "[FireDAC][Phys][IB]Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your
> database administrator to set up s Firebird login.."

The answer depends on the parameter values you have specified.
Are you able to connect to your Firebird DB using the same connection
parameters using isql ?

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
6/7/2013 8:41:11 AM
> {quote:title=Adam Gatt wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
>
> Thank you so much for your reply Dmitry but still there is a problem. I used the ADExplorer to create a connection definition and while the connection established successfully (Ctrl+T) when I try Ctrl-A to save the connection definition to the connection definition file I get the message *"Cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\FireDAC\DB\ADConnectionDefs.ini". Access is denied"* and doesn't save the connection definition. If I exit the ADExplorer and re-enter I definition I just created
 is lost.

Run ADExplorer as Administrator. Right click on the shortcut and choose *Run as administrator*. You can also change the properties of the shortcut so the ADExplorer always runs with Administrator privileges.
0
Jeff
6/7/2013 2:33:44 PM
> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> > "Cannot create file "C:\Program Files
> > (x86)\Embarcadero\FireDAC\DB\ADConnectionDefs.ini". Access is denied"
>
> Please do the following:
> - move ADConnectionDefs.ini to a location, where you have write rights;
> - run RegEdit
> - goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\FireDAC
> - set ConnectionDefFile parameter value to the full path of
> ADConnectionDefs.ini
> - restart ADExplorer

Thanks Dmitry your explicit steps worked perfectly.

> > "[FireDAC][Phys][IB]Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your
> > database administrator to set up s Firebird login.."
>
> The answer depends on the parameter values you have specified.
> Are you able to connect to your Firebird DB using the same connection
> parameters using isql ?

I had already resolved the second problem and I tried to delete it in my original message before you had replied but seems I couldn't

Thanks once again Dmitry for your help.

Best Regards

Adam

Edited by: Adam Gatt on Jun 8, 2013 2:01 AM
0
Adam
6/7/2013 4:01:34 PM
> {quote:title=Jeff Weir wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Adam Gatt wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> >
> > Thank you so much for your reply Dmitry but still there is a problem. I used the ADExplorer to create a connection definition and while the connection established successfully (Ctrl+T) when I try Ctrl-A to save the connection definition to the connection definition file I get the message *"Cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\FireDAC\DB\ADConnectionDefs.ini". Access is denied"* and doesn't save the connection definition. If I exit the ADExplorer and re-enter I definition I just creat
ed is lost.

> Run ADExplorer as Administrator. Right click on the shortcut and choose *Run as administrator*. You can also change the properties of the shortcut so the ADExplorer always runs with Administrator privileges.

Thanks Jeff for your message and solution. I had already fixed the problem using the method suggested by Dmitry. Yes I can see now that with Administrator rights your solution would have allowed me to update the ADConnectionDefs.ini

Thanks again for your reply

Best Regards

Adam
0
Adam

firedac connect sqlserver problems [Edit]
i use firdac execute an query on my stand-alone vcl application when the server run on my develop environment it run ok when i deploy on the win32 machine wihtout xe develop environment it rais an error : access violation at address 007ff7cb in module 'android.exe'. read of address 00000000' http://www.cnblogs.com/nywh2008/p/3326035.html firedac links : FDConnection1: TFDConnection; FDPhysMSSQLDriverLink1: TFDPhysMSSQLDriverLink; FDQuery1.connection-> FDConnection1 DataSetProvider1.dataset->FDQuery1 ClientDataSet1.providername-> DataS...

Problem wit migrating Informix Firedac ODBC connection to Infx Connection
Now Firedac in XE6 supports Informix natively besides odbc, i decided to use the native way from now on. However, i came up with some odd behaviour: Take the following query: select * from fys_punt_im where nummer = "1000"; Where column nummer is of type varchar(10). When executing this query using Firedac Infx connection i get the error: ERROR: SQL state: 42S22. Native error: -217. Error message: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Column (1000) not found in any table in the query (or SLV is undefined). However when executing the same query using Firedac ODBC conn...

firedac problem with storeproc [Edit]
hello i am trying the the new delphi xe7 and work with firedac datasnap client then i'm trying wih TServerMethods1.EchoString {code} prueba.ParamByName('value').AsString:='1234'; prueba.ExecProc; resultado:=prueba.ParamByName('returnvalue').AsString; showmessage(resultado); // the software work good here prueba.ParamByName('value').AsString:='12345'; prueba.ExecProc; resultado:=prueba.ParamByName('returnvalue').AsString; showmessage(resultado); //have a error {code} show the next erro...

FireDac Connection problem with MySQL
Repost from the DataBase\General forum. (seems FireDac issue) I think I have here same kind of problem as Stefano Gamberoni when using for the first time a MySQL connection in my application. (Using XE3, FireDac version 7.0.1) The program using the connection will wait for next sql query process (like one day later) but then the message is raised "MySQL server has gone away" I've tried to close/dispose/free the connection but that has no effect. Only after restarting the application the connection is renewed. Also tried to set the time-out of the MySQL config on a long...

FireDAC BOF/EOF Problem [Edit]
Hi, I have a problem with BOF and EOF with FireDAC. After FDMyQuery.First then FDMyQuery.BOF returns true. But when I call FDMyQuery.Next and then FDMyQuery.Prior then FDMyQuery.BOF returns false. After calling FDMyQuery.Prior once again (it stills stays on the first entry) then FDMyQuery.BOF returns true. The same behavior is with EOF. Is there something that I have to call after Prior/Next so that BOF/EOF returns the correct value ? Thanks Andre Edited by: Andre Wiget on Jan 13, 2014 10:27 PM Am 14.01.2014 07:27, schrieb Andre Wiget: > After FDMyQuery.First then FDMyQue...

FireDac Delphi XE3 installation problem
Hi all, I have just purchased the FireDAC package and try to install the package. I tried to install AnyDAC_D7.bpg package to XE3 and I got this error message. Required package 'designdgm' not found. Can someone assist me about the problem? Thanks. > {quote:title=Cem Zafer Demirsoy wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > I have just purchased the FireDAC package and try to install the package. I tried to install AnyDAC_D7.bpg package to XE3 and I got this error message. > Required package 'designdgm' not found. > Can someone assist me about the problem? > Thanks...

How to setup FireDac for slow connections [Edit]
I have some existing MS Access database on network which must be accessed by many users. I have done simple app with FireDac components and all works fine when accessed through fast network (LAN over optic cable). Pesimistic locking is used.. But users which are in distant cities are connected through ADSL connection and VPN to this LAN. When exe is loaded, and db is queryed error message is following: [FireDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] (unknown) is not valid path.. What seams to be a problem? All other users have no this issue inside faster network. Is ...

error connection macosx # firedac # firebird [Edit]
hello, I need help! case study Firebird database running on windows server. Firemonkei client application running on mac osx. when the test conexção the client with the server firebird database: *when I insert vendorlib FDConection, error:* [FireDAC][Phys][FB]-314. Cannot load vendor library [/Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libfbclient.dylib]. dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libfbclient.dylib, 1): no suitable image found. Did find: /Library/Frameworks/Firebird.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/...

Problem in use Aurelius and Firedac and Firebird [Edit]
I'm going to use Aurelius ORM The problem is that the characters are not stored properly in the database. Characters are displayed as question marks "؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟" character set in FireDac=UTF8 character set in Firebird=UTF8 Code : unit EntityUnit; interface uses Aurelius.Mapping.Attributes; type [Entity] [Automapping] TPerson = class private FId: integer; FLastName: string; FFirstName: string; FEmail: string; public property Id: integer read FId; property LastName: string read FLastName write FLastName; ...

FireDAC XE6 unable to connect to MySQL database [Edit]
Hello, today I created my first database app with Delphi XE6 professional (+ Firedac client/server). While there was no problem with Firebird database, I can not connect to MySQL database. As it's my first database application, I have to describe all the steps in detail; 1. I created vcl form app 2. I put FDConnection component, changed drivername to FB 3. In params: DriverID=FB Database=D:\EMPLOYEE.FDB User_Name=SYSDBA Password=masterkey Protocol=TCPIP Server=localhost changed connected to True; (connection is OK after these steps) 4. I added TFDQuery, changed connection...

Cant connect to Sqlite with DbExpress or FireDac, what am I doing wrong [Edit]
Hi All, Have up till now developed using Delphi XE3 TadoConnection -> Msaccess Jet.oledb.4 Tdatasource - TAdoQuery TAdoQuery - TAdoconnection Use DBEdit and DGrid and all works well, but would now like to change to Sqlilte and have treid a number of Guides with DBExpress and Firedac and the only thing that sort of worked was a Youtube guide from Alister Christie using DBExpress BUT as soon as try to Add a TsqlQuery to pullup the data, I can get the Query to access the data BUT the Dbedit fields are NOT editable !!!!!!!, The guide I was following was: TsqlConnection - SQLite DB TSql...

FireDAC problem
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8ec8c.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" For Dmitry --JivePart=_8ec8c.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="FireDACproblem.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="FireDACproblem.zip" UEsDBBQAAgAIAAdUBUNCTTjuKAQAAK0TAAAOAAAAZG1UdW5ndmVqMS5kZm3tV21v2zYQ/j5g/4Hf tGFG4XhOmrbzANcvm7GktiOlGZAVBWOebXaSqJKUU+/X...

How to copy a firedac dataset from FDMemTable to FDTable (SQLite connected) [Edit]
I have TDBGrids connected to FDTable1 via a Datasource component. FDTable1 is not using CachedUpdates. When I ran the code, looking at the TDBGrid, the data is copied. But when I open the SQLite database containing FDTable1, the table how is empty! // Copy query results to a FDMemTable. It works OK! FDQuery1.SQL.Text:= 'select userno, loginid from user'; FDQuery1.Open; FDQuery1.FetchAll; FDMemTable1.Active:= False; FDMemTable1.Data:= FDQuery1.Data; FDMemTable1.Active:= True; // Copy from FDMemTable to FDTable. FDConnection1.Offline; FDTable1.Active:= ...

Web resources about - FireDac Connection Problem [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

Faith: Spirits lift in connection with home
We need to more adequately understand the spirituality of our unique place on earth.

FBI mulls connection between Super Bowl, CA fiber optic cable cuttings
... authorities, who have been baffled by more than a dozen attacks on San Francisco Bay Area data lines, are probing whether there is any connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.