FireDAC: cannot access PostgresSQL Mac [Edit]

I help a customer working on a cross platform project with PostgresSQL.
On windows everything works fine, but on mac we get the error " [..] no suitable image found [..] mach-o but wrong architecture".

System: XE4 / Windows 8 / VMWare running on a MacBook Pro / OSX 10.8 / PostgresSQL 9.2.2.0 server

Have no clue atm so any help appreciated.
Regards
Michael Jung
0
Michael

Hello Michael

It seems, your Mac OS X has only x64 libpq.so. But
Delphi produces x86 executable for Mac OS X. Try to
uninstall PgSQL software and install it again.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

thanks for reply.

There was no libpq.dylib on my OS 10.8 before and x86_64 only libpq.dylibs after PostgresSQL 9.2.2 installation.
Found a fat libpq.5.3.dylib containing x86_64 and i386 architectures in the SDK for Mac OSX 10.7. but that does not help my customer.

Regards
Michael Jung
0
Michael
8/28/2013 5:46:25 AM
> Found a fat libpq.5.3.dylib

FireDAC looks only for libpq.dylib. To force FireDAC to
use libpq.5.3.dylib:
- create libpq.dylib symbolic link;
- specify libpq.5.3.dylib in ADPhysPGDriverLink.VendorLib
- use external ADDrivers.ini

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry

FireDAC SQLite slowdown on Mac [Edit]
My XE7 FireUI app uses FireDAC with SQLite. What would cause my app to do database transactions about 12 times faster on Windows than on Macintosh? Sample project is here: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=115042&stqc=true Edited by: Michael Leahy on Apr 29, 2015 5:59 PM to add a sample project. > What would cause my app to do database transactions about 12 times faster on Windows than on Macintosh? FireDAC on Windows uses statically linked SQLite engine, which is updated and compiled by Embarcadero with optimal set of SQLite configuration defines. ...

FireDAC replacement for DataSnap based TDataSet access [Edit]
Hello, I hope you can help us choosing the right strategy for integrating FireDAC. At the moment we have a client/server application in which we already replaced the data access to FireDAC. This is working really good and was easy to integrate. So we have: server: TDataSetProvider --> TADQuery --> TADConnection --> DB client: TClientDataSet --> TDSProviderConnection --> TSQLConnection Now I'd like to bring FireDAC to the client as well as we experienced a few problems with TClientDataSet. As the other parts of our business logic rely on DataSnap the easiest solut...

MAC OSX Firedac MSSQL ODBC Issues [Edit]
Dear Embarcadero and Firedac developers The current driver firedac for MSSQL or ODBC to run on mac requires UnixODBC and freetds for MSSQL. Have you notice that loading unixodbc and free tds requires a *lot* of jumping through hoops, as OS X was set up to make such environment changes rare, and, by side effect or intent, rather difficult? This means that for every mac osx installation you have to dedicate hours installing unixodbc and freetds for each mac flavor, use macports, homebrew etc. to make a distribution that the end user can install by himself is almost imposible. ...

FireDAC mobile app error as sqlite as delphi XE7 [Edit]
i im trying of connect my app as FireDAC but i have some errors. I follor all steps of Mobile_Tutotils_en_pdf file for delphi XE7. First i add one FireDAConnection compoent, after i in FireDAConnection Edito i set DriverID as Sqlite, in Database parameter i set this existing sqlite database "shoplist.s3db i create this database and table as other tool, and i can to add this to DBExpres in data exploer and i can to use it in one mobile delphi project", and i set lockingmode to normal as this manual tell. After as tell in page 269 of this manual when i click over test button, i ...

Re: Delphi for the Mac [Edit] [Edit]
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote: > > <hides under desk as fire storm about TeamB editing other people's > > posts re-ignites> > > I was thinking the same. :-) -- Andy Syms Technosoft Systems Ltd ...

FireDAC mobile app error as sqlite as delphi XE7 [Edit] #2
i im trying of connect my app as FireDAC but i have some errors. I follow all steps of Mobile_Tutotils_en_pdf file for delphi XE7. First i add one FireDAConnection compoent, after i in FireDAConnection Edit i set DriverID as Sqlite, in Database parameter i set this existing sqlite database "shoplist.s3db , and i set lockingmode to normal as this manual tell. I After i follow steps 1,2,3,4 and in the step 5 of the page 265 when i try of to set Connected property to true, i get this error: 1. [FireDac][Comp][Clnt]-340. Driver ID is not defined. Set TFDConnection.DriverName or Add D...

FireDac
Hello, I am using Delphi XE4 and facing a problem with FireDac (8.0.5) and MySQL. I'm trying to get the last 100 records from a large table (20 million rows). When I run the following SQL: {code}select * from largetable order by FId limit 100{code} in MySQL Workbench it returns in 0.2 seconds. When I run the above SQL in Delphi through an ADQuery it never returns (Delphi freezes). Any Ideas ? Thank you ...

Caution error in FireDac 8.0.1 to Delphi Xe2 and earlier [Edit]
Please note that FireDac 8.0.1 have a bug, Embarcadero refuses to correct an error. In December 2014 I bought FireDac to Delphi XE2, 8.0.1 a few days later it turned out that the program has a bug StrsEmpty2Null not support parameter which makes the component is not useful for me. Although embecedro 8.0.5 patch is available and I bought a legal component, has not made me any corrections. Help addicted from buying Delphi Xe 7.0 Information received from worker embecedro Poland?. Does this attitude is fair. Can someone please help me make a package 8.0.3 or help to improve the error. E...

Caution error in FireDac 8.0.1 to Delphi Xe2 and earlier [Edit]
Please note that FireDac 8.0.1 have a bug, Embarcadero refuses to correct an error. In December 2014 I bought FireDac to Delphi XE2, 8.0.1 a few days later it turned out that the program has a bug StrsEmpty2Null not support parameter which makes the component is not useful for me. Although embecedro 8.0.5 patch is available and I bought a legal component, has not made me any corrections. Help addicted from buying Delphi Xe 7.0 Information received from worker embecedro Poland?. Does this attitude is fair. Can someone please help me make a package 8.0.5 or help to improve the error. E...

Caution error in FireDac 8.0.1 to Delphi Xe2 and earlier [Edit] #2
Please note that FireDac 8.0.1 have a bug, Embarcadero refuses to correct an error. In December 2014 I bought FireDac to Delphi XE2, 8.0.1 a few days later it turned out that the program has a bug StrsEmpty2Null not support parameter which makes the component is not useful for me. Although embecedro 8.0.5 patch is available and I bought a legal component, has not made me any corrections. Help addicted from buying Delphi Xe 7.0 Information received from worker embecedro Poland?. Does this attitude is fair. Can someone please help me make a package 8.0.5 or help to improve the error. E...

FireDAC keeps using native client 11.0 for SQL Server 2000 access [Edit]
With the new Delphi XE5 and FireDAC in possession, I wanted to explore the possiblities of FireDAC, after having worked with ADO for many years. One of the things I tried was connecting to an SQL Server 2000 database, but the following error keeps appearing: *'[FireDAC][Phys][ODBC][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]SQL Server Native Client 11.0 does not support connections to SQL Server 2000 or earlier versions.'.* Just to be sure, I downloaded and installed the x64 SQL Server native client which is part of the Feature Pack for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP4 (http://www.mic...

FireDAC / Delphi XE7 / Firebird 2.5 + Dialect 3: Key fields turn upper case [Edit]
Hi, When working wih a SQL dialect 3 database and field names in upper/lower case, I used to reference those fields in double quotes on my old Delphi 2010 with IBX, which worked well enough. After migrating to XE7 with the latest FireDAC, I set IndexFieldNames to "Mmm" including the double quotes. "Mmm" is also my only primary key field. When opening the table, FireDAC executes an SQL statement that ends with {code}ORDER BY A."Mmm" ASC, A.MMM ASC{code} which of course delivers an exception because there is no field MMM. I hope it is ok if I post some singl...

FireDAC / Delphi XE7 / Firebird 2.5 + Dialect 3: Key fields turn upper case [Edit]
Hi, When working wih a SQL dialect 3 database and field names in upper/lower case, I used to reference those fields in double quotes on my old Delphi 2010 with IBX, which worked well enough. After migrating to XE7 with the latest FireDAC, I set IndexFieldNames to "Mmm" including the double quotes. When opening the table, FireDAC executes an SQL statement that ends with {code}ORDER BY A."Mmm" ASC, A.MMM ASC{code} which of course delivers an exception because there is no field MMM. I hope it is ok if I post some single lines of code here to explain the issue - no copyri...

Web resources about - FireDAC: cannot access PostgresSQL Mac [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

PostgreSQL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
9.4.1 / February 5, 2015 ; 2 months ago ( 2015-02-05 ) PostgreSQL , often simply "Postgres" , is an object-relational database management system ...

PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database
The official site for PostgreSQL, the world's most advanced open source database

PostgreSQL database fixes “persistent denial-of-service” bug
Maintainers of the PostgreSQL open-source database have patched a vulnerability that allowed attackers to corrupt files and in some cases, execute ...

PostgreSQL dump/restore and client_encoding
... master, then I tried to load the dump via psql into a newly created database on the new master. However, the client_encoding parameter in postgresql.conf ...

postgresql
Read all 'postgresql' posts on .

PostgreSQL 9.3 works well with others
For this year's annual update to PostgreSQL, the developers behind the open source database have added several new ways to communicate with other ...

EnterpriseDB launches PostgreSQL support
Closed-source product takes advantage of open source economy.

Open-Source PostgreSQL 9.3 Wraps Up Data
New developer features and enhanced stability take root in the latest PostgreSQL database release.

homebrew-postgresql
homebrew-postgresql - PostgreSQL formulae for the Homebrew package manager

PostgreSQL Now Available On Amazon’s Relational Database Service - TechCrunch
Amazon Web Services (AWS) launched PostgreSQL on Amazon RDS, showing the strength of the open-source database and its market maturity. CTO Werner ...