FireDAC backup OnProgress (Firebird) [Edit]

I am using Delphi XE6 and am implementing the FireDAC backup/restore procedures (TFDFBNBackup/Restore), but the OnProgress event is NOT getting fired. Has this been fixed in XE8, or am I missing something? And if the event ever got fired, how would I determine the progress from the variables passed to the OnProgress method (see below)?
Here is what should get called in my program:
  procedure TfrmUtil.FBDBProgress(ASender: TFDPhysDriverService;  const AMessage: string);

One more question. What kind of backup gets created? Is this an internal format for FireDAC, or could the backup be restored with Firebird's GBAK routine?

Thanks for any help

Edited by: Eric Buescher on Aug 17, 2015 11:24 AM
0
Eric

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Eric Buescher wrote:
> > One more question. What kind of backup gets created? Is this an internal format for FireDAC, or could the backup be restored with Firebird's GBAK routine?
>
> It would be a regular FireBird backup, the same that gbak would create.

Quinn, thanks. Any ideas on why the OnProgress event isn't getting fired?
0
Eric
8/17/2015 6:25:43 PM
Firebird Nbackup service does not support OnProgress event handler.
More precisely isc_service_query API returns nothing.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect