FireDAC backup OnProgress (Firebird) [Edit]

I am using Delphi XE6 and am implementing the FireDAC backup/restore procedures (TFDFBNBackup/Restore), but the OnProgress event is NOT getting fired. Has this been fixed in XE8, or am I missing something? And if the event ever got fired, how would I determine the progress from the variables passed to the OnProgress method (see below)?
Here is what should get called in my program:
  procedure TfrmUtil.FBDBProgress(ASender: TFDPhysDriverService;  const AMessage: string);

One more question. What kind of backup gets created? Is this an internal format for FireDAC, or could the backup be restored with Firebird's GBAK routine?

Thanks for any help

Edited by: Eric Buescher on Aug 17, 2015 11:24 AM
0
Eric

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Eric Buescher wrote:
> > One more question. What kind of backup gets created? Is this an internal format for FireDAC, or could the backup be restored with Firebird's GBAK routine?
>
> It would be a regular FireBird backup, the same that gbak would create.

Quinn, thanks. Any ideas on why the OnProgress event isn't getting fired?
0
Eric
8/17/2015 6:25:43 PM
Firebird Nbackup service does not support OnProgress event handler.
More precisely isc_service_query API returns nothing.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

Web resources about - FireDAC backup OnProgress (Firebird) [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

Ram Power Negotiates for Higher Revenue
Ram Power (OTC:RAMPF, TSX:RPG )recently provided an update onprogress at its flagship San Jacinto project in Nicaragua. This was the project ...

Libyan Envoy Asks UN Council to Save Country From Qaddafi
Libya’s ambassador to the United Nations appealed to the Security Council today to “save” his nation from the violence unleashed on protesters ...

Progress Reports on the Cooperation and Verification mechanism - procedural aspects — EU - European Union ...
What are these reports? When Bulgaria and Romania joined the European Union on 1 January 2007shortcomings remained in judicial reform, the fight ...

Power Tour - A powerful and creative jQuery tour solution
A powerful and creative jQuery tour plugin to guid your visitors throught the modern chaos.

Watchdog offers more proof Syria government used chemical arms - US
UNITED NATIONS, Jan 6 (Reuters) - The latest report on Syriaby the global chemical weapons watchdog offers further evidencethat the Syrian government ...

JavaScript Events And Responding To The User // Back To Basics
... onmousedown, onmousemove, onmouseout, onmouseover, onmouseup, onmozfullscreenchange, onmozfullscreenerror, onpause, onplay, onplaying, onprogress, ...

Swans Commentary: Without Unions, We Are Screwed, But Change Is Needed, by Glenn Reed - glennr05
Unions are an essential institution under assault in the U.S. and we need to respond better to save them.

gifPauseXtrem : a tiny jQuery plugin to Pause animated GIFs
Animated GIFs are trendy these days as seen on buzzfeed and others… but loading a bunch of them on your pages can be painful for your visitor’s ...

Challenges and Opportunities for Change in Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Workshop Summary
" 2 Progress Since *Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity?* ." . Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2013 . Please ...

Permanent Revolution - The Basque national question: do they want independence?
The latest offensive against ETA and otherBasque nationalist organisations started in mid-2002 and gatheredpace when Aznar used 9-11 to bring ...