FireDAC backup OnProgress (Firebird)

I am using Delphi XE6 and am implementing the FireDAC backup/restore procedures (TFDFBNBackup/Restore), but the OnProgress event is getting fired. Has this been fixed in XE8, or am I missing something? And if the event ever got fired, how would I determine the progress from the variables passed to the OnProgress method (see below)?
Here is what should get called in my program:
  procedure TfrmUtil.FBDBProgress(ASender: TFDPhysDriverService;  const AMessage: string);

One more question. What kind of backup gets created? Is this an internal format for FireDAC, or could the backup be restored with Firebird's GBAK routine?

Thanks for any help
0
Eric

Eric Buescher wrote:
> One more question. What kind of backup gets created? Is this an internal format for FireDAC, or could the backup be restored with Firebird's GBAK routine?

It would be a regular FireBird backup, the same that gbak would create.
0
quinn

FireDAC backup OnProgress (Firebird) [Edit]
I am using Delphi XE6 and am implementing the FireDAC backup/restore procedures (TFDFBNBackup/Restore), but the OnProgress event is NOT getting fired. Has this been fixed in XE8, or am I missing something? And if the event ever got fired, how would I determine the progress from the variables passed to the OnProgress method (see below)? Here is what should get called in my program: procedure TfrmUtil.FBDBProgress(ASender: TFDPhysDriverService; const AMessage: string); One more question. What kind of backup gets created? Is this an internal format for FireDAC, or could the backup be res...

Firebird How to know backup file version with FireDac component
it's possible to know firebird backup file version before restore wiyh FireDac component? Because when i restore backup made with 2.0 version i must use fixCharset end fixData options with WIN1252 charset When i restore from backup made with firebird 2.5 i don't need use this. Ettore Boscolo > it's possible to know firebird backup file version before restore wiyh FireDac component? Sorry, we are not Firebird experts. Best will be to ask at Firebird newsgroup / forum. The question is not really related to FireDAC. Regards, Dmitry > {quote:title=Dmitry Arefi...

Delphi XE3 FireDAC TADConnection: Firebird driver not in Driver ID list
Delphi XE3 Enterprise FireDAC TADConnection Firebird driver not in Driver ID list Hi to all, I use Delphi XE3 Enterprise and have just installed FireDAC 7.0.1, but trying the sample "getting started" application, I can't find Firebird in the Driver ID list. I can see ADS, ASA, DataSnap, etc but no Firebird. By the way, all the DBExpress applications are running fine with Firebird. Is something I have missed? Hernando. Hello Hernando 'FB' driver ID was introduced in FireDAC v 9.0.1 (XE5). Before that existed only 'IB' driver ID. To workaround ...

FireDac
Hello, I am using Delphi XE4 and facing a problem with FireDac (8.0.5) and MySQL. I'm trying to get the last 100 records from a large table (20 million rows). When I run the following SQL: {code}select * from largetable order by FId limit 100{code} in MySQL Workbench it returns in 0.2 seconds. When I run the above SQL in Delphi through an ADQuery it never returns (Delphi freezes). Any Ideas ? Thank you ...

FireDAC / Delphi XE7 / Firebird 2.5 + Dialect 3: Key fields turn upper case
Hi, When working wih a SQL dialect 3 database and field names in upper/lower case, I used to reference those fields in double quotes on my old Delphi 2010 with IBX, which worked well enough. After migrating to XE7 with the latest FireDAC, I set IndexFieldNames to "Mmm" including the double quotes. When opening the table, FireDAC executes an SQL statement that ends with {code}ORDER BY A."Mmm" ASC, A.MMM ASC{code} which of course delivers an exception because there is no field MMM. I hope it is ok if I post some single lines of code here to explain the issue - no copyri...

FireDAC / Delphi XE7 / Firebird 2.5 + Dialect 3: Key fields turn upper case [Edit]
Hi, When working wih a SQL dialect 3 database and field names in upper/lower case, I used to reference those fields in double quotes on my old Delphi 2010 with IBX, which worked well enough. After migrating to XE7 with the latest FireDAC, I set IndexFieldNames to "Mmm" including the double quotes. "Mmm" is also my only primary key field. When opening the table, FireDAC executes an SQL statement that ends with {code}ORDER BY A."Mmm" ASC, A.MMM ASC{code} which of course delivers an exception because there is no field MMM. I hope it is ok if I post some singl...

FireDAC / Delphi XE7 / Firebird 2.5 + Dialect 3: Key fields turn upper case [Edit]
Hi, When working wih a SQL dialect 3 database and field names in upper/lower case, I used to reference those fields in double quotes on my old Delphi 2010 with IBX, which worked well enough. After migrating to XE7 with the latest FireDAC, I set IndexFieldNames to "Mmm" including the double quotes. When opening the table, FireDAC executes an SQL statement that ends with {code}ORDER BY A."Mmm" ASC, A.MMM ASC{code} which of course delivers an exception because there is no field MMM. I hope it is ok if I post some single lines of code here to explain the issue - no copyri...

FireDAC / Delphi XE7 / Firebird 2.5 + Dialect 3: Key fields turn upper case [Edit] #2
Hi, When working wih a SQL dialect 3 database and field names in upper/lower case, I used to reference those fields in double quotes on my old Delphi 2010 with IBX, which worked well enough. After migrating to XE7 with the latest FireDAC, I set IndexFieldNames to "Mmm" including the double quotes. "Mmm" is also my only primary key field. When opening the table, FireDAC executes an SQL statement that ends with {code}ORDER BY A."Mmm" ASC, A.MMM ASC{code} which of course delivers an exception because there is no field MMM. I hope it is ok if I post some singl...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source ro remove this issue. I suggest to the FireDAC newgroup. You'll probably get a better response there. Sebastian Kumor wrote: > Hello, > I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, > My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. > It doesn't work. Mayb...

FireDAC and UTF8 on Firebird
I have Firebird database with settings: DEFAULT CHARACTER SET WIN1250; In this database I have defined domain: CREATE DOMAIN D_VARCHAR32 AS VARCHAR(32); <-- 32 and I use it in some columns, example: CREATE TABLE SOMETABLE ( ID INTEGER, UUID D_VARCHAR32 <-- 32 ); I know that WIN1250 is ansi code page. But I connect to this database with UTF8 setting: ADConnection.Params = 'User_Name=sysdba Password=masterkey Protocol=TCPIP Server=localhost CharacterSet=UTF8 <--- UTF ExtendedMetadata=True Database=C:\Bases\DB.FDB DriverID=IB'; As...

FireDAC for Delphi 2007 ?
Hello, I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. Thanks, Regards, Emmanuel Lion FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE4/XE3, see: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42970 M. E.L. wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack > can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. > > Thanks, > Regards, > > Emmanuel Lion > On 02.10.2013 18:17, quinn wildman wrote: > FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No > FireDAC Client/Server Pack ...

Web resources about - FireDAC backup OnProgress (Firebird) - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

Ram Power Negotiates for Higher Revenue
Ram Power (OTC:RAMPF, TSX:RPG )recently provided an update onprogress at its flagship San Jacinto project in Nicaragua. This was the project ...

Libyan Envoy Asks UN Council to Save Country From Qaddafi
Libya’s ambassador to the United Nations appealed to the Security Council today to “save” his nation from the violence unleashed on protesters ...

Progress Reports on the Cooperation and Verification mechanism - procedural aspects — EU - European Union ...
What are these reports? When Bulgaria and Romania joined the European Union on 1 January 2007shortcomings remained in judicial reform, the fight ...

Power Tour - A powerful and creative jQuery tour solution
A powerful and creative jQuery tour plugin to guid your visitors throught the modern chaos.

Watchdog offers more proof Syria government used chemical arms - US
UNITED NATIONS, Jan 6 (Reuters) - The latest report on Syriaby the global chemical weapons watchdog offers further evidencethat the Syrian government ...

JavaScript Events And Responding To The User // Back To Basics
... onmousedown, onmousemove, onmouseout, onmouseover, onmouseup, onmozfullscreenchange, onmozfullscreenerror, onpause, onplay, onplaying, onprogress, ...

Swans Commentary: Without Unions, We Are Screwed, But Change Is Needed, by Glenn Reed - glennr05
Unions are an essential institution under assault in the U.S. and we need to respond better to save them.

gifPauseXtrem : a tiny jQuery plugin to Pause animated GIFs
Animated GIFs are trendy these days as seen on buzzfeed and others… but loading a bunch of them on your pages can be painful for your visitor’s ...

Challenges and Opportunities for Change in Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Workshop Summary
" 2 Progress Since *Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity?* ." . Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2013 . Please ...

Permanent Revolution - The Basque national question: do they want independence?
The latest offensive against ETA and otherBasque nationalist organisations started in mid-2002 and gatheredpace when Aznar used 9-11 to bring ...