FireDAC as DataSnap Server with Firebird Database XE5

Hi,

I use Firebird Database with Firedac as Server for DataSnap and I don't see my alias on client side.

For example, a query like this don't provide me the TEST Field.

SELECT MU.*, MU.NAME!!' '!!MU.FIRSTNAME AS TEST FROM MYUSERS MU

With dbexpress, it works well.

Somebody notice this ?
0
Hugues

Hello Hugues

> SELECT MU.*, MU.NAME!!' '!!MU.FIRSTNAME AS TEST FROM MYUSERS MU

1) What "!!" means there ?
2) Still if the SQL syntax is correct, then you should set ResourceOptions.MacroCreate and MacroExpand to False:
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Preprocessing_Command_Text_(FireDAC)#Special_Character_Processing

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

In fact I make mistake in my query. Real query is this :

SELECT MU.*, MU.NAME||' '||MU.FIRSTNAME AS TEST FROM MYUSERS MU

And problem is that the field TEST is not displayed on client side.
0
Hugues
2/24/2014 7:25:51 AM
To give you a precise answer I need a test application, reproducing the issue. But:
1) Do you use persistent fields or default (automatic) fields in your FDQuery ?
2) Try to set FDConnection.UpdateOptions.UpdateNonBaseFields to True. Anything changed ?

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - InterBase, Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
2/24/2014 12:28:42 PM
I forget to add persistent field -> I was sure I was not using them.
0
Hugues

Datasnap
Hi All, Database: Firebird 1.5 Server: TADConnection -> TADQuery -> TDatasetProvider Client: SQLConnection -> TDSProviderConnection -> TClientDataset I get "Remote Error: Access violation" when executing ApplyUpdates(-1), but I don't get error on my development Notebook. When I trace on server the error raise between BeforeApply and AfterApply. Any suggestion welcome. Thanks Jay Hello Jayanto This information is not sufficient. Could you provide the call stack of the place where exception is raised ? -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev ...

Delphi XE5 Enterprise FireDAC SQL Server driver not in list
Just installed Delphi XE5 Studio Enterprise. Playing with FireDAC components. When I drop a TFDConnection on my form, I am looking for the driver for Microsoft SQL Server. I do not see it in the list. I see ADS, ASA, FB, IB, MSAcc, MySQL, ODBC, PG, SQLLite. Is there a separate install? Wayne This is a bug. The workaround is to drop TFDPhysMSSQLDriverLink on a form. Then MSSQL will be accessible in the drivers list. -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informi...

Acessing MySQL Server database through FireDAC with my android app XE5 [Edit]
Hi Everybody, Is it possible to connect to a mySQL server database, through FIREDAC of XE5? I am developing an android application in XE5. Is there any other way for my android application acessing MySQL database? Thanks in advance. Best Regards Edited by: Ana Rodrigues on Mar 31, 2014 7:35 AM Edited by: Ana Rodrigues on Mar 31, 2014 7:37 AM You need to use DataSnap to do this. This is because a MySQL client does not exist on mobile platforms. Ana Rodrigues wrote: > Hi Everybody, > Is it possible to connect to a mySQL server database, through FIREDAC of XE5? I am dev...

Firedac and datasnap in XE5
Hi I am trying to use firedac with datasnap. Complete newbie. On the firedac docs web page it speaks of a TADPhysDataSnapDriverLink component from the "FireDAC Links" palette page. I dont have a "Firedac Links" palette in XE5. Where do I find this component? Thanks Godfrey Godfrey Fletcher wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to use firedac with datasnap. Complete newbie. On the firedac > docs web page it speaks of a TADPhysDataSnapDriverLink component from the > "FireDAC Links" palette page. > I dont have a "Firedac Links&qu...

FireDAC Client/Server for RAD Studio XE5 Professional MS SQL Server Driver
Hello, I have purchased the RAD Studio XE5 Professional Edition and the add-on : FireDAC Client/Server for RAD Studio XE5 Professional. I am attempting to create a simple project : File\New\FireMonkey Mobile Application - Delphi. Confirm the blank application template. Now for the FireDAC components ... I simply add a TFDConnection object to the blank form and the "FDConnection1" is created successfully. I right mouse click and choose "Connection Editor..." from the drop down list. I attempt to select the MS SQL Server driver ID, but it is not available ...

FireDAC XE5 with Delphi XE
I have Delphi Enterprise XE5 and XE, and use both for various projects. Is it possible to use the new FireDAC that comes with XE5 (v9.x I believe) with Delphi Enterprise XE? If so, how do I obtain the standalone FireDAC XE5 installer? I have an active RAD Studio Enterprise software assurance plan. I've looked for FireDAC XE5 in my registered users download section, but I can't find anything for FireDAC XE5. I can only find downloads for FireDAC XE4. Regards, -Kevin Hello Kevin > Is it possible to use the new FireDAC that comes with XE5 (v9.x I > believe) wi...

FireDac in Delphi XE5 Pro
Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they are installed on the same PC. Pete K FireDAC does SQLite w/ encryption on Windows. Peter Kane wrote: > Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any > useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer > an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they > are installed on the same PC. > > Pete...

FireDAC folder absent (Delphi XE5)
I'm just poking around with FireDAC for the first time We're using Delphi 5 Enterprise version, so should be able to access MySQL on a remote server. My initial issues are that the files that I'd expect to see (from [this|http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Utilities_(FireDAC)] article) don;t seem to exist. Coupled to this, when I run FireDAC Explorer from C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\bin it deems to be looking for a folder +\RAD Studio\FireDAC+ and so doesn't save the created profiles... Any suggestions? > {quote:title=Dan ...

FireDac with Advantage Database Server
Hello ! I use Delphi XE6 and Windows 7. In my application I'm using Advantage Database Server version 9.1. If I use TTdataset native components (from ADS) to open table with active index this happens quickly, but if I use FireDac components to open table with active index, the operation is slowly. In my tests, to be fast, I need to open table with primary key index active (only) but in my database files there are a lot of index per tables and only one is Primary (per table). How can I open table with index file different of Primary Key and qui ckly? Thanks, Mauricio 1) Use TFD...

FireDAC and FetchBlobs with MySQL 5.5 and Delphi XE5
I try to obtain a stream of blob field stored in MySQL Database. With Oracle and MSSQL, it works great but with MYSQL, it doesn't work. I proceed like it's indicated in the documentation: ms-help://embarcadero.rs_xe5/libraries/FireDAC.Comp.DataSet.TFDDataSet.FetchBlobs.html {code} FDQuery1.FetchOptions.Items := FDQuery1.FetchOptions.Items - [fiBlobs]; FDQuery1.Open; ..... FDQuery1.FetchBlobs; oStr := FDQuery1.CreateBlobStream(FDQuery1.FieldByName('image'), bmRead); try // process image finally oStr.Free; end; {code} Does somebody succeed loading blob in ...

Question about Excel reading into Firebird database using FireDAC
Hi Fellas: I have a problem and I need some ideas. I have my application that reads Excel files using ADO to populate Firebird tables. The process is very simple. First, I open the Excel File, after A long "While...Do" where I validate the fields and finally, I put records into the Firebird GDB. The Excel spreadsheet are big: a long record -several column titles- with 60000 rows... My problems are: * Sometimes my apps freezes. I do not know if it's FireDAC or ADO. * I solve the FireDAC part using ArrayDML, but the process with ADO is slow. Even with...

Creating Database Files using Firedac (Delphi XE7)
I have been able to get Firedac to display and edit the following file types in a simple app using FDConnection, FDTable, FDPhysSQLiteDriverLink (and others according to file type) : sdb, gdb, mdb and xls (with ODBC link and drivers). I have been able to create a SQLLite File (.sdb) from scratch and add tables using roughly: FDTable1.Connection = FDConnection1; (set in form) FDConnection1.Params.Clear; FDConnection1.Params.Add('DriverID=SQLite'); FDConnection1.Params.Add('Database='+DATABASE_FILE); FDConnection1.ResourceOptions.DefaultParamType := ptOutput; ...

Updating data back to datasnap server with FireDac TFDStoredProcedure
I am currently using Delphi XE5 and FireDac to try and create a test app for Datasnap client. I use a standard TFDQuery on the server side to retrieve the data and send the dataset back to the client. On the client side I connect to the datasnap server fine using a TFDStoredProcedure. This all works perfectly, but when I try and use ApplyUpdates to write the data back I get an exception and the client crashes. The questions are: 1. can you use the ApplyUpdates method with FireDac and Datasnap? 2. If so what is the best way of getting the updates back to the datasnap server? Than...

Web resources about - FireDAC as DataSnap Server with Firebird Database XE5 - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

Companies Directory - Job Fusion
D1 Locker D2L D4D Technologies DAA Deutsche Auftragsagentur Dabble Dabble DB Dabee Dabizmo DabKick Dabo Health Dacentec Dachis Group ...

Embarcadero Webinars

David I - Head is in the cloud, feet planted firmly in the ground
... I’s (David Intersimone) Embarcadero blog about programming, languages, databases, history, and more. , and filed under Cloud Computing , DataSnap ...

RAD Studio 2015 Roadmap
Rad Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, and Appmethod 2015 Technology Roadmap from JT at EmbarcaderoTechnologies

FireMonkey Q&A
Questions and answers from a FireMonkey webinar

Contact Us - Ginktage
Home Privacy Policy Contact Us Home .NET Events Microsoft Office SQL Server Tools Gadgets Technology Tips&Tricks Contact Us Ginktage Learn , ...

News Briefs: December 15, 2008 - SD Times: Software Development News
AccuSoft creates an SDK for Web imaging software, while Artisan releases a free version of Artisan Studio. Also, Bredex, Embarcadero, Ilog and ...

Craig Stuntz’s Weblog : Site Map
Craig Stuntz’s Weblog F# • Compilers • Programming Languages • Functional Programming • Web Skip to content Home About Site Map Site Map Share ...

iBeacon Hack Makes It More Efficient To Wait Tables
Here at the 2014 TechCrunch Disrupt SF hackathon two-man hack team, Ray Ho and Mark Watson, showed off a simple but promising concept that combines ...

Te Waka o Delphi · Poll Archives
Keeping Delphi afloat in Aotearoa