FireDAC as Datasnap Client [Edit]

Hi All,

Is it possible to use FireDAC components (FDConnection -> TFDQuery) as DataSnap Client (with out TClientDatatset) ?. I need this option to migrate from IBX to DataSnap make easy.

TFDConnection can connect to DataSnap Server, but cannot connect TFDQuery, get exception "[FireDAC][Phys][TDBX][Datasnap] Remote error: Dbx.SQL is unrecognized command type". I guess I missed something.

Any advice welcome.

Thank you

Edited by: Jayanto Chua on Nov 24, 2013 6:00 PM
1
Jayanto

Hello Jayanto

FireDAC DataSnap supports TFDStoredProc. You can
use it to call DataSnap server methods. A server method
may have parameters with dataset type. Then you can call
TFDStoredProc.Open to open a returned dataset.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

If that does not help, then you should provide more details, showing:
* how your DataSnap server is configured;
* how FireDAC connection is configured;
* what is the error.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
0
Dmitry
3/16/2014 2:04:04 PM
hello Dmitry Arefiev
I'm having the same problem, I can connect to the server using datanap firedac,
however do not know how to fetch data on the server, the server selects running DataSnap
I can only shoot using the methods TFDStoredProc

any help will be welcome.
0
Robson
3/29/2014 2:09:57 PM
> however do not know how to fetch data on the server, the server selects running DataSnap
> I can only shoot using the methods TFDStoredProc

So, you can define some server method parameter as "out par: TDataSet"
and return some dataset. On client side call FDStoredProc.Open. If there
are several server method TDataSet prameters, then call NextRecordSet
on the client.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
0
Dmitry
3/29/2014 6:51:01 PM
> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> > however do not know how to fetch data on the server, the server selects running DataSnap
> > I can only shoot using the methods TFDStoredProc
>
> So, you can define some server method parameter as "out par: TDataSet"
> and return some dataset. On client side call FDStoredProc.Open. If there
> are several server method TDataSet prameters, then call NextRecordSet
> on the client.
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

is there any video showing this feature
0
Robson
4/5/2014 11:18:08 AM
> is there any video showing this feature

Not sure, probably no videos. But the solution is exactly as I described
- simple and natural.