FireDAC and Datasnap

Hi

XE5
MSSql
Windows 7 (Dev machine)
Windows 2008 server (server machine)

I am experimenting with a Multi tier database server and client
applications.  If I run the datasnap server app locally(connecting to local
DB) I can connect from my client app.  When I deploy the server app
to the server online and try and connect I get the following error

Remote error[FireDac][Phys][ODBC][Misrosoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data
source name not found and no default driver specified"

Can someone assist me. Do I have to setup a ODBC driver on the server?

Godfrey

> Can someone assist me. Do I have to setup a ODBC driver on the server?

Yes, it is.

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Connect_to_Microsoft_SQL_Server_(FireDAC)

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

"Dmitry Arefiev" <darefiev@da-soft.com> wrote in message
>> Can someone assist me. Do I have to setup a ODBC driver on the server?
>
> Yes, it is.
>
> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Connect_to_Microsoft_SQL_Server_(FireDAC)
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
> FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
> DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib

0
Godfrey
10/2/2013 2:10:49 PM
> Thanks but not text at link.

Probably last ')' is not put into the link. Type it by hands.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
10/2/2013 2:14:40 PM
> Thanks but not text at link.

Probably last ')' is not put into the link. Type it by hands.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
10/2/2013 2:16:15 PM
Got the article.

When searching for "SQL Server Native Client 11.0" driver download.  I can
only find the "MS ODBC Driver 11 for SQLServer"  Downloaded and installed
it, but still get same error.

Thanks

>> Thanks but not text at link.
>
> Probably last ')' is not put into the link. Type it by hands.
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
> FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
> DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib

0
Godfrey
10/2/2013 2:37:00 PM
Found the correct one.  Installed and working.

"Godfrey Fletcher" <gff@axxess.co.za> wrote in message
> Got the article.
>
> When searching for "SQL Server Native Client 11.0" driver download.  I can
> only find the "MS ODBC Driver 11 for SQLServer"  Downloaded and installed
> it, but still get same error.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Dmitry Arefiev" <darefiev@da-soft.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks but not text at link.
>>
>> Probably last ')' is not put into the link. Type it by hands.
>>
>> --
>> With best regards,
>> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
>> FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
>> DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib

0
Godfrey

FireDac
Hello, I am using Delphi XE4 and facing a problem with FireDac (8.0.5) and MySQL. I'm trying to get the last 100 records from a large table (20 million rows). When I run the following SQL: {code}select * from largetable order by FId limit 100{code} in MySQL Workbench it returns in 0.2 seconds. When I run the above SQL in Delphi through an ADQuery it never returns (Delphi freezes). Any Ideas ? Thank you ...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

FireDAC and DataSnap functions
Hi, I'm using FireDAC to connect my Client application to a DataSnap Server. I'm able to connect to DataSnap and execute Server methods on the Client side using TFDStoredProc. The problem is when I try to execute a Server function on the Client side: I am not able to get the return value from this function. What I tried to do was: var1:= StoredProc.ExecFunc; But I got the Error Message: 'Parameter 'Result' not found' Can someone help me with this problem? Thanks > The problem is when I try to execute a Server function on the Client side: I am not...

It is FireDAC after all
Marco announces FireDAC: http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/firedac_announced.html -- Nick The Buy Now button almost work ;-) > {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote} > Marco announces FireDAC: > > http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/firedac_announced.html > That was fast :) delete this message > What's the price for XE3 Pro licensees? Introductory price is $399 -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/firedac > All the links I found just go to a page that lets you purchase Delp...

FireDAC?
I'm starting a new development initiative and want to pick the tech that will last the longest and have the most complete feature set. Elsewhere someone noted that DBExpress has been deprecated in favour of FireDAC. I seem to have missed the announcement of FireDAC. So I'm looking for any info on what FireDAC is and why I should use it. Any links? I just discovered the FireDAC newsgroup and the first message there is an announcement with links to the product info and documentation. So my basic question (What is it?) is answered. Still don't know the future of DBExpr...

Datasnap Firedac pagination
In Delphi desktop application, i can define rowsetsize of an TFDQuery object and rows fetched by GetNextPacket method. But, when I developed rest application, using TFDJSONDataSets, i can not do pagination of fetched rows. Server site code like below: function TServerMethods1.Get_Dataset: TFDJSONDataSets; begin FDQuery1.Active := False; Result := TFDJSONDataSets.Create; TFDJSONDataSetsWriter.ListAdd(Result, FDQuery1); end; And client site code is procedure Tfrm_Main.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); var LDataSetList: TFDJSONDataSets; begin try // Get data...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source ro remove this issue. I suggest to the FireDAC newgroup. You'll probably get a better response there. Sebastian Kumor wrote: > Hello, > I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, > My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. > It doesn't work. Mayb...

FireDAC for Delphi 2007 ?
Hello, I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. Thanks, Regards, Emmanuel Lion FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE4/XE3, see: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42970 M. E.L. wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack > can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. > > Thanks, > Regards, > > Emmanuel Lion > On 02.10.2013 18:17, quinn wildman wrote: > FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No > FireDAC Client/Server Pack ...

Firedac and datasnap in XE5
Hi I am trying to use firedac with datasnap. Complete newbie. On the firedac docs web page it speaks of a TADPhysDataSnapDriverLink component from the "FireDAC Links" palette page. I dont have a "Firedac Links" palette in XE5. Where do I find this component? Thanks Godfrey Godfrey Fletcher wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to use firedac with datasnap. Complete newbie. On the firedac > docs web page it speaks of a TADPhysDataSnapDriverLink component from the > "FireDAC Links" palette page. > I dont have a "Firedac Links&qu...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source ro remove this issue. I suggest to the FireDAC newgroup. You'll probably get a better response there. Sebastian Kumor wrote: > Hello, > I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, > My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. > It doesn't work. Mayb...

Firedac for Delphi XE Pro
Will the XE4 Client Server Pack for FireDac work properly with Delphi XE Professional? Will that provide the full Firedac functionality or is it limited? Is it dependent on functionality in the Enterprise product which is not in the Professional? And finally, will I have the license rights to market and sell the application I create? I understand it does not require dbexpress which has certain restrictions, correct? I would like to be able to evaluate it in an XE environment without upgrading everything just to try and work with it. Patrick Moloney wrote: > Will the XE4 Client Serve...

FireDAC as Datasnap Client [Edit]
Hi All, Is it possible to use FireDAC components (FDConnection -> TFDQuery) as DataSnap Client (with out TClientDatatset) ?. I need this option to migrate from IBX to DataSnap make easy. TFDConnection can connect to DataSnap Server, but cannot connect TFDQuery, get exception "[FireDAC][Phys][TDBX][Datasnap] Remote error: Dbx.SQL is unrecognized command type". I guess I missed something. Any advice welcome. Thank you J Edited by: Jayanto Chua on Nov 24, 2013 6:00 PM Hello Jayanto FireDAC DataSnap supports TFDStoredProc. You can use it to call DataSnap serve...