FireDAc acess VS IBX in Delphi XE6

Dear Sir,

I've been testing both tecnhologies: IBX  and FireDac access for local and remote acess o Firebase database.
In local access i foud no sucth diference.

However in remote accesse FiraDac takes 10 to 20 time more the IBX and i wonder why?
In both cases i used ZEBEDEE in order to improove access.

Here goes a piece of the code i use:

 With MyFDacConnection Do
  begin

    Params.Add('CharacterSet=WIN1252');
    Params.Add('user_name=' +  Uppercase( User ) ) ;
    Params.Add('Password=' +  Password );
    Params.Add('ExtendedMetadata=True');
    Params.Add('DriverID=FB');

   if IsLocal then
    begin
      Params.Add('Database=C:\TEST\FB25\Data\MyAPPGEST.FDB');
      Params.Add('Protocol=Local');
      Params.Add('Server=localhost');
    end
   else
    begin
      Params.Add('Database=C:\Work\Production\Fb25\Data\MyAPPGEST.FDB'');
      Params.Add('Protocol=TCPIP');
      Params.Add('Server=localhost/3051');   //Remote: Using ZEBEDEE
    end;

    Connected:=True;

  end;

  // with IBX i open mucth more tables assoiated/supporting to the 2 first tables:
 // They are all TFDQuerys

  PeopleTable.Active:=True;
  AssociatesTable.Active:=True;
  PhotosTable.Active:=True;

  Form1.Show.... : It's a form with 3 DbGrids and a DBNavigator.

Windows 7 Pro + Firebird 2.5 + Delphi XE6/32 bits !?

Can you help?

Best regards
0
Utf

> However in remote accesse FiraDac takes 10 to 20 time more the IBX and i wonder why?
> In both cases i used ZEBEDEE in order to improove access.

Without looking into real IBX and FireDAC test applications, I can only
speculate about the performance difference. For example:
- you can set FetchOptions.RowsetSize to 1K, so FireDAC will fetch
1K of records on Open call, but IBX will fetch only records required to
populate the grid;
- you can connect to different servers or in different modes using
IBX and FireDAC;
- ExtendedMetadata=True leads to additional query to Firebird DB
dictionary, while IBX does not do that.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

Firedac: Delphi Pro vs Enterprise
If i understand correctly FIREDAC is present in both Pro and Enterprise version of Delphi but in the Pro version is possible to connect only to a DB server that is running in the same PC where the client is executed. Is it correct ? thanks Roberto Il 02/10/2014 16:44, roberto nicchi ha scritto: > If i understand correctly FIREDAC is present in both Pro and Enterprise > version of Delphi but in the Pro version is possible to connect only to > a DB server that is running in the same PC where the client is executed. > Is it correct ? > > thanks > Roberto &...

Firedac (XE6) performance VS IBX/MDO/DBX
Dmitry, I've bean looking around but i was not able to find any answers. How come the use of *Firedac (XE6) + Firebird + Zebedee on Win7* pro with a remote connection is very much slower than IBX/MDO/DBX connections using the very same files and specifications? Opening a master file and all the suport tables in a forrm takes much more time then the other connections! Can you help? Try to exclude fiMeta from FetchOptions.Items and reduce FetchOptions.RowsetSize to 1-10. -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect ...

Delphi XE6 How to link FastReport components to FireDAC components?
Hi to all. I'm wondering on how to link FastReport componets to FireDAC components. A Delphi XE article "Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAC)" tells about some misterious component called "TfrxComponents" that is used to do de job but I can't find it nowhere. FastReport demos uses ADOTables and ADOQuerys but no FDQueys neither FDTables. Is there any source code example for doing this? I'll appreciate any link than can help me to best understand my trouble. Regards, Hernando. First of all, FastReports has a propensity to uninstall itself. S...

Delphi XE6 How to link FastReport components to FireDAC components?
Hi to all. I'm wondering on how to link FastReport componets to FireDAC components. A Delphi XE article "Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAC)" tells about some misterious component called "TfrxComponents" that is used to do de job but I can't find it nowhere. FastReport demos uses ADOTables and ADOQuerys but no FDQueys neither FDTables. Is there any source code example for doing this? I'll appreciate any link than can help me to best understand my trouble. Regards, Hernando. Please, contact FastReports company regarding FireDAC / FastRepor...

Delphi XE6 FireDAC FDQuery.Prepared turns to False unexpectedly
Hi to all, I'm migrating my source code from DBExpress to FireDAC and have this code: {code} FDQuery1.Close; if not FDQuery1.Prepared then begin FDQuery1.Params.Clear; FDQuery1.SQL.Text := 'SELECT FROM my_table WHERE id >= :limit_a AND id < :limit_b'; FDQuery1.Params.CreateParam(ftInteger, 'limit_a', ptInput); FDQuery1.Params.CreateParam(ftInteger, 'limit_b', ptInput); FDQuery1.Prepared := True; end; FDQuery1.ParamByName('limit_a').AsInteger := SomeInt; FDQuery1.ParamByName('limit_b').AsInteger := SomeInt + ...

Delphi XE6 FireDAC SQLite copy a table from one database to another
How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a simple command to do this? Thanks! > How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a simple command to do this? Thanks! You should use ATTACH command. For example: {code} ATTACH 'c:\secondDB.sdb' AS sec; INSERT INTO SomeTab SELECT * FROM sec.SomeTab; {code} -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect Thanks! > {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote} > > How do I copy a single table from one SQLite database to another? Is there a...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source ro remove this issue. I suggest to the FireDAC newgroup. You'll probably get a better response there. Sebastian Kumor wrote: > Hello, > I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, > My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. > It doesn't work. Mayb...

[...]

FireDAC for Delphi 2007 ?
Hello, I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. Thanks, Regards, Emmanuel Lion FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE4/XE3, see: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42970 M. E.L. wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to know if FireDAC Client/Server Pack > can be installed on Delphi 2007 pro. > > Thanks, > Regards, > > Emmanuel Lion > On 02.10.2013 18:17, quinn wildman wrote: > FireDAC Client/Server Pack for XE5 - No > FireDAC Client/Server Pack ...

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

Delphi Xe6 vs Xe6 update 1
My Delphi Xe6 version # before and after update 1 is: 20.0.15596.9843 Shouldn't the version number have changed? Could anyone reading this who had installed D Xe6 update1 please take a moment and confirm the version number they have installed? Would appreciate it - thanks. Edited by: Steven Brenner on Jun 28, 2014 9:44 AM Steven Brenner wrote: > > {quote:title=Steven Brenner wrote:}{quote} > > My Delphi Xe6 version # before and after update 1 is: 20.0.15596.9843 > > > > XE6 Update 1 build # should be 20.0.16277.1276. > > I had used the...

Web resources about - FireDAc acess VS IBX in Delphi XE6 - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

DSP Engineer - Jobs - CFO World - Finance & Technology
CFOworld.com.au covers accounting, risk management, taxation, technology and financial news from ASX-listed companies.

Embarcadero Launches RAD Studio XE7
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables

Embarcadero Webinars

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 (Delphi, C++Builder): is seven the magic number?
Embarcadero has released version 7 of its XE programming suite. The main products included are Delphi and C++ Builder, RAD development tools ...

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 - Dr Dobb's
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables