FireDAC 8.0.3.3291 U1 (iOS) Delphi XE4 PRO - error load AnyDAC_Dcl_D18.bpl

I own RAD Studio XE4 and after installing FireDAC 8.0.3.3291 Update 1 from here:

ID 29410, FireDAC XE4 for RAD Studio Pro & Delphi Pro w/ Mobile - Update 1
http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29410

.... I get this error ... "Can't load package C:\Users\UserXE4\Documents\RADStudio\11.0\Bpl\AnyDAC_Dcl_D18.bpl ..."  The bpl is definitely not there and it look like the installer didn''t copied/compiled the dpk/bpl for RAD Studio IDE use ....
Any hints/workarounds ?
0
Ciprian

Hello Ciprian

Please check AnyDAC*.bpl's in FireDAC\Dcu\D18\win32 folder.
If the BPL's are there, then:
- copy all BPL's from there to your Default BPL Path:
C:\Users\UserXE4\Documents\RADStudio\11.0\Bpl
- copy all DCP's, BPI's, LIB's from there to you Default DPC Path:
probably C:\Users\UserXE4\Documents\RADStudio\11.0\Dcp

Restart RAD Studio IDE.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

Hmm, I was already executing a wide search for the problematic .bpl on my full C:\ drive  ... without success ...
And under FireDAC\Dcu\D18\ folder I have just "iosDevice" and "iosSimulator" folders ...  :(

> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> Hello Ciprian
>
> Please check AnyDAC*.bpl's in FireDAC\Dcu\D18\win32 folder.
> If the BPL's are there, then:
> - copy all BPL's from there to your Default BPL Path:
> C:\Users\UserXE4\Documents\RADStudio\11.0\Bpl
> - copy all DCP's, BPI's, LIB's from there to you Default DPC Path:
> probably C:\Users\UserXE4\Documents\RADStudio\11.0\Dcp
>
> Restart RAD Studio IDE.
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
> FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
> DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Ciprian
5/16/2013 4:57:57 PM
> Hmm, I was already executing a wide search for the problematic .bpl on my
> full C:\ drive  ... without success ...

So, no AnyDAC_Dcl_D18.bpl on your computer ?

> And under FireDAC\Dcu\D18\ folder I have just "iosDevice" and
> "iosSimulator" folders ...  :(

That is correct, because FireDAC for mobile edition includes
only iOS binaries amd BPL's for design-time. Or do you mean,
that these folders are empty ?

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
5/19/2013 1:17:17 PM
Additional questions:
1) Do you installed RAD Studio for all users or only for current user ?
2) If you will install FireDAC under administrator, do you have BPL's ?
3) Before installing FireDAC do you run at least once RAD Studio IDE ?

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
5/19/2013 1:19:52 PM
Hi Dmitry, see my embeded answers:
> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> That is correct, because FireDAC for mobile edition includes only iOS binaries amd BPL's for design-time. Or do you mean, that these folders are empty ?
I have just these foldesc, including the necessary binaries ... thus not empty....  (but no win32 folder)

> Additional questions:
> 1) Do you installed RAD Studio for all users or only for current user ?
[1] I installed RAD Studio XE4 (Pro) on Windows 8 Pro, just for the current user

> 2) If you will install FireDAC under administrator, do you have BPL's ?
[2] Installed AS Administrator but with no difference

> 3) Before installing FireDAC do you run at least once RAD Studio IDE ?
[3] Already used several components in RAD Studio XE4 (ex: IP*Works!, TeeChart) before installing FireDac ...

Any hints ?
0
Ciprian
5/20/2013 11:16:24 AM
> I have just these foldesc, including the necessary binaries ... thus not
> empty....  (but no win32 folder)

No Win32 - this is correct, as FireDAC mobile installer
installs Win32 BPL's only for design time. No win32 dcu's.
And installer should install them into Default BPL Path.

> [1] I installed RAD Studio XE4 (Pro) on Windows 8 Pro, just for the
> current user

Try reinstall RAD Studio XE4 Pro with default settings.
I believe default is for "all users". Then reinstall FireDAC.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
5/20/2013 6:00:44 PM
I hope you are kidding' .... ?! ...  Waiting for another >3+ hours for a re-install is not an option....
It look like an installer bug  ... as a "sane" workaround, could you attach/send me the needed files (.bpls and the instructions)...

> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> > I have just these foldesc, including the necessary binaries ... thus not
> > empty....  (but no win32 folder)
>
> No Win32 - this is correct, as FireDAC mobile installer
> installs Win32 BPL's only for design time. No win32 dcu's.
> And installer should install them into Default BPL Path.
>
> > [1] I installed RAD Studio XE4 (Pro) on Windows 8 Pro, just for the
> > current user
>
> Try reinstall RAD Studio XE4 Pro with default settings.
> I believe default is for "all users". Then reinstall FireDAC.
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
> FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
> DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Ciprian
5/20/2013 6:11:51 PM
> could you attach/send me the needed files (.bpls and the instructions)...

Please, contact me directly.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
5/21/2013 12:02:27 PM
I sent you an email yesterday ... it may ended up into your spam/junk folder ...

> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> > could you attach/send me the needed files (.bpls and the instructions)...
>
> Please, contact me directly.
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
> FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
> DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Ciprian
5/22/2013 3:40:19 AM
>I sent you an email yesterday ... it may ended up into your spam/junk
>folder ...

I got it and answered today.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib
0
Dmitry
5/22/2013 8:38:31 AM
Hello Ciprian.  I just ran into this issue myself (nearly one month later!).  Is this something that I will need to push up to support, or was it an easy fix?
0
James
6/23/2013 12:04:24 AM
Hello,

I was also missing AnyDAC_Dcl_D18.bpl. So I opened the IDE ignoring the error message, opened  ...\Program Files\Embarcadero\FireDAC\Packages\AnyDAC_D18.groupproj and built the whole group. Restarting the IDE there wasn't any longer an error message.

Regards,

Christian
0
Christian

XE4 entreprise , Firedac 8.0.3.3291 and Datasnap Test
Hello , Newby to Firedac (but BDE and Like user) , I just do a basic test and ran into some problems . server side {code} function TServerMethods1.TableTest: TDataSet; begin // ADTable1.Active; *<< does not work , always got a connexion close gracefully* ADTable1.Open; result:=ADTable1; end; {code} Client side using DBExpress , OK Client side with Firedac {code} type TForm1 = class(TForm) Button1: TButton; DataSource1: TDataSource; DBGrid1: TDBGrid; ADConnection1: TADConnection; ADStoredProc1: TADStoredProc; ADGUIxWaitCursor1: TADGUI...

FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4
Hi, Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4? Thanks, Luk Luk Smolders wrote: >Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where >can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4? I got mine from https://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29369 Cheers, Nick -- Sent from my XanaNews v1.19.1.373 > {quote:title=Nicholas Ring wrote:}{quote} > Luk Smolders wrote: > > >Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where > >can I download FireDAC for Delp...

Where can I find a Delphi XE4 FireDac SQLite for IOS?
Where can I find a good example of using Delphi XE4 FireDac SQLite for IOS? I am unable to use append and edit without getting strange data corruptions. An append is overwriting the last appended or editted record and then all other records are corrupted with foreign characters. Just need a good solid example to get started. Create the database and tables on the device. Do not want to use inserts or updates. Want to use the append, edit, and delete functionality from the client dataset components. Maintain storage on device. Strange that no SQLite examples with IOS are with s...

FireDAC update 8.0.3.3291 even worse on OSX with SQLite
Dmitry said that the problem I and others had reported about query failures, plus many others, would be fixed in Update 1 for FireDAC. However, now things are even worse. With 8.0.1 I was able to open the SQLite database but fail on the query, but now I cannot even open the database. In addition to this, there are strange compile-time problems if I modify my project's .pas file to simply change the value of a hard-coded string. [dccosx Fatal Error] uADGUIxFormsWait.pas(19): F1026 File not found: 'C:\Users\Mike.WIN7U-ONMBP2011\Documents\RAD Studio\Projects\RS4a\Controls.dcu'...

Can I do this with iOS apps developed in Delphi XE4 Pro + iOS?
I still don't have XE4/iOS as I have some questions first. Do I have access to iOS "native" library/system? What do I use for internet (downloading files etc.) - Indy? *If my research is correct, Google maps is available for iOS? Can I use Google maps or Apple's maps solutions in Delphi iOS apps?* If I have XE4 Pro, can I still use database functionality? Any restrictions? (Am I allowed to use what iOS offers or connect with a database on a webserver?) Anyone here developed demo apps I can see available in Apple iTunes store? (Even simple apps is okay as I onl...

FireDac in Delphi XE5 Pro
Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they are installed on the same PC. Pete K FireDAC does SQLite w/ encryption on Windows. Peter Kane wrote: > Does FireDac in delphi xe5 Pro (without any add-ins) provide any > useful functionality ? Based upon what I've read, it seems to offer > an alternative (better)?) means to link to Access and MySQL when they > are installed on the same PC. > > Pete...

Firedac for Delphi XE Pro
Will the XE4 Client Server Pack for FireDac work properly with Delphi XE Professional? Will that provide the full Firedac functionality or is it limited? Is it dependent on functionality in the Enterprise product which is not in the Professional? And finally, will I have the license rights to market and sell the application I create? I understand it does not require dbexpress which has certain restrictions, correct? I would like to be able to evaluate it in an XE environment without upgrading everything just to try and work with it. Patrick Moloney wrote: > Will the XE4 Client Serve...

FireDac XE4 version with Delphi 2006
We recently purchase FireDac XE4 to use with Delphi 2006. After following the instructions for installing (with the /showide parameter) I got it installed fine but I'm unable to use it. If I simple place a TADConnection on a form, run it and close the app I get an exception: --------------------------- Debugger Exception Notification --------------------------- Project testfiredac.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access violation at address 0052D4CA in module 'testfiredac.exe'. Read of address 000000D0'. --------------------------- Break C...

Firedac: Delphi Pro vs Enterprise
If i understand correctly FIREDAC is present in both Pro and Enterprise version of Delphi but in the Pro version is possible to connect only to a DB server that is running in the same PC where the client is executed. Is it correct ? thanks Roberto Il 02/10/2014 16:44, roberto nicchi ha scritto: > If i understand correctly FIREDAC is present in both Pro and Enterprise > version of Delphi but in the Pro version is possible to connect only to > a DB server that is running in the same PC where the client is executed. > Is it correct ? > > thanks > Roberto &...

FireDac Update 1 on Delphi XE4
Ok, I was able to download FireDac on our Mac and at home, so it seems that I can't download update 1 on our regular computers. However, am I mistaken when I say that there is no way to install the new FireDac update into Delphi XE4? If you use the showide parameter, Delphi XE4 will not show up. Thanks > {quote:title=Phillip Woon wrote:}{quote} > Ok, I was able to download FireDac on our Mac and at home, so it seems that I can't download update 1 on our regular computers. > > However, am I mistaken when I say that there is no way to install the new FireDac upd...

Where found Firedac Trial for Delphi Xe4 Trial
In Delphi Xe4 Trial not have Firedac. Where found Firedac Trial for Test? > Where found Firedac Trial for Test? "There is not a trial available" according to: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/firedac-faq -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib ...

IOS Setup in Delphi help
Could someone check this document for me, since I cannot get my Delphi to talk properly anymore with my Mac and compile for my Test, adhoc and App Store. Had to reinstall my laptop, and forgot those settings, and I am at a loss. I added some screens in it, so you know what I all did. Could someone take a look at it, and tell me what's wrong / missing etc? Thank you ...

IOS Setup in Delphi help
Could someone check this document for me, since I cannot get my Delphi to talk properly anymore with my Mac and compile for my Test, adhoc and App Store. Had to reinstall my laptop, and forgot those settings, and I am at a loss. I added some screens in it, so you know what I all did. Could someone take a look at it, and tell me what's wrong / missing etc? Thank you ...

Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7?
Hello Delphi Community, Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7? Thank you, Dean Atteberry. Dean Atteberry wrote: > Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7? Unlikely - my Delphi 8 Architect Upgrade did not. Eric > {quote:title=Dean Atteberry wrote:}{quote} > Does anyone know if Delphi 8 Pro Upgrade (HDB1380WWCS181) contains Delphi 7? It did when it was originally released (actually, Delphi 7.1). I don't know if it still does, however. (The only reason we bought Delphi 8 was that we n...

Web resources about - FireDAC 8.0.3.3291 U1 (iOS) Delphi XE4 PRO - error load AnyDAC_Dcl_D18.bpl - embarcadero.delphi.firedac