Executing DataSnap server methods using FireDAC - Parameter Type

Hi,

I am using FireDAC to connect my client application to a DataSnap Server and I am using TFDStoredProc to execute server methods. This works fine.
I am having a problem because one of the server methods has a TStream parameter, Does anyone know if it is possible to pass this type of parameter to the server side using TFDStoredProc?

Thanks in advance.
0
Utf

> I am having a problem because one of the server methods has a TStream parameter, Does anyone know if it is possible to pass this type of parameter to the server side using TFDStoredProc?

TFDStoredProc does not support TStream as a parameter value.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> > I am having a problem because one of the server methods has a TStream parameter, Does anyone know if it is possible to pass this type of parameter to the server side using TFDStoredProc?
>
> TFDStoredProc does not support TStream as a parameter value.
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
0
Utf
7/9/2014 11:16:57 AM
> Is there any other way to execute a server method with a TStream or TDBXStream parameter using FireDAC?

No other ways. You should use DataSnap directly.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
0
Dmitry
7/11/2014 11:41:26 AM
> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> > Is there any other way to execute a server method with a TStream or TDBXStream parameter using FireDAC?
>
> No other ways. You should use DataSnap directly.
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

I am relatively new to DataSnap architecture, but wouldn't it be necessary a connection component (like TFDConnection) to connect to a DataSnap Server?

Utf

Can FireDac be used with DataSnap?
Most references to DataSnap use dbExpress. Can FireDac be used in its place, XE6? Keith <Keith Marbach> wrote in message news:671072@forums.embarcadero.com... > Most references to DataSnap use dbExpress. Can FireDac be used in its > place, XE6? > Yes Keith Marbach wrote: > Most references to DataSnap use dbExpress. Can FireDac be used in its place, XE6? > > Keith Any TDataset descendant that implements IProviderSupport2 can work with DataSnap. All components that ship with RAD Studio (DBX, FireDAC, IBX, ADO, BDE) implement it. -- Jeff Over...

FireDAC with DataSnap, use Indy?
AS all know, the big problem of DataSnap is the ridiculous Indy framework.. FireDAC when using DataSnap connector, use Indy? > FireDAC when using DataSnap connector, use Indy? FireDAC DataSnap driver just uses DataSnap client components. If DataSnap uses Indy, then FireDAC uses Indy too. -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib There`s any plan to use other component instead Indy? > {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}...

DBD::Proxy::db table_info failed: Server returned error: Failed to execute method CallMethod: Can't use string ("1") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2BB46.4379CEA8 Content-Type: multipart/related; type="multipart/alternative"; boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C2BB46.4379CEA8" ------_=_NextPart_002_01C2BB46.4379CEA8 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_003_01C2BB46.4379CEA8" ------_=_NextPart_003_01C2BB46.4379CEA8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having a problem using the table_info() via ProxyServer... I'm = getting the following error messages: I am us...

How do I set up a datasnap nested dataset using FireDAC
Delphi XE5, converting application from Delphi XE. In dbEXpress to return nested datasets would use a TSQLDataset for master dataset, link a Datasource to the master dataset, create a second dataset for the nested dataset and link to the Datasource for the master dataset. I do not see a datasource property for the TFDQuery component. How do you link a detail dataset that is to be nested with the master TFDQuery? Thanks, Wayne Hello Wayne > I do not see a datasource property for the TFDQuery component. FireDAC datasets have MasterSource property. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com...

FireDAC as DataSnap Server with Firebird Database XE5
Hi, I use Firebird Database with Firedac as Server for DataSnap and I don't see my alias on client side. For example, a query like this don't provide me the TEST Field. SELECT MU.*, MU.NAME!!' '!!MU.FIRSTNAME AS TEST FROM MYUSERS MU With dbexpress, it works well. Somebody notice this ? Hello Hugues > SELECT MU.*, MU.NAME!!' '!!MU.FIRSTNAME AS TEST FROM MYUSERS MU 1) What "!!" means there ? 2) Still if the SQL syntax is correct, then you should set ResourceOptions.MacroCreate and MacroExpand to False: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/R...

Datasnap
Hi All, Database: Firebird 1.5 Server: TADConnection -> TADQuery -> TDatasetProvider Client: SQLConnection -> TDSProviderConnection -> TClientDataset I get "Remote Error: Access violation" when executing ApplyUpdates(-1), but I don't get error on my development Notebook. When I trace on server the error raise between BeforeApply and AfterApply. Any suggestion welcome. Thanks Jay Hello Jayanto This information is not sufficient. Could you provide the call stack of the place where exception is raised ? -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev ...

Passing FireDAC connection details to DataSnap Methods Container
Hi all, I'm working on a DataSnap service that connects to a MS SQLExpress database. The main Server Container DataModule uses a function to read in the database connection details (at the moment I'm storing these in a TFDConnection control but I can just as easily store them in some sort of record structure. Within the Server Methods Container, which I believe is instanciated for each incoming connection, I also have a TFDConnection which is needed to make the connection to SQLExpress. What I'm struggling with is passing the connection details from the Main Server Contain...

Creating Database Files using Firedac (Delphi XE7)
I have been able to get Firedac to display and edit the following file types in a simple app using FDConnection, FDTable, FDPhysSQLiteDriverLink (and others according to file type) : sdb, gdb, mdb and xls (with ODBC link and drivers). I have been able to create a SQLLite File (.sdb) from scratch and add tables using roughly: FDTable1.Connection = FDConnection1; (set in form) FDConnection1.Params.Clear; FDConnection1.Params.Add('DriverID=SQLite'); FDConnection1.Params.Add('Database='+DATABASE_FILE); FDConnection1.ResourceOptions.DefaultParamType := ptOutput; ...

FireDAC suitable as data-access component in DataSnap server?
Hello Folks! In Delphi XE3, when FireDAC became available, I tested it as a possible replacement for +dbExpress+ on the app server side (DataSnap server). I discovered that the IProviderSupport methods of +TADDataSet+ implemented the method +PSUpdateRecord+ by opening the query again, positioning itself on the correct record, go into edit mode and apply the change. This is in stark contrast to +TCustomSQLDataSet.PSUpdateRecord+, which just returns False and forces the +TSQLResolver+ to generate the appropriate update SQL command in +TSQLResolver.InternalDoUpdate+. Obviously opening the da...

How to use SQLConnection.Execute onto DataSnap Server? [Edit]
Hi, I'm creating a tool for import data from DBF to SQLServer using DataSnap; In my client side I created a routine for send a SQL instruction and Params (TParams). For exemplo: {code} procedure Import; var Params : TParams; _sql : String; begin Params := TParams.Create(Self); Params.CreateParam(ftString, 'Param1', ptInput).Value := 'Adriano'; Params.CreateParam(ftString, 'Param2', ptInput).Value := 'Santos'; _sql := 'INSERT INTO TABLE (FIELD1, FIELD2) VALUES (:PARAM1, :PARAM2)'; //Call server method MyProxy...

Updating data back to datasnap server with FireDac TFDStoredProcedure
I am currently using Delphi XE5 and FireDac to try and create a test app for Datasnap client. I use a standard TFDQuery on the server side to retrieve the data and send the dataset back to the client. On the client side I connect to the datasnap server fine using a TFDStoredProcedure. This all works perfectly, but when I try and use ApplyUpdates to write the data back I get an exception and the client crashes. The questions are: 1. can you use the ApplyUpdates method with FireDac and Datasnap? 2. If so what is the best way of getting the updates back to the datasnap server? Than...

How to return multiple datasets with datasnap using FireDac? [Edit]
Hi again, i am working on a client/server software using DelphiXE4 and FireDac, i have a MySQL Database on a remote server, and i have a Datasnap Server (that uses a TCP Transporter) that communicate and exchange data between the Database and clients. I would like that the server returns multiple datasets to clients in only one request. I saw this samples on internet: *Server:* {code} function TServerMethods1.GetData(SQL: string): OleVariant; var cds: TClientDataSet; begin cds := TClientDataSet.Create(nil); try { setup 'cds' to connect to database } { pull...

DataSnap: How to use consume in process server method [Edit]
Hi, I define a server method: {code} TServerMethod = class(TPersistent) public function EchoString(Value: string): string; end; {code} The method EchoString return an equivalent Value string. I then use TDSTCPServerTransport with TDSServer and TDSServerClass to wrap the server methods. In client side, I create a DataSnap TSQLConnection and generate a TServerMethodProxy client class: {code} function TServerMethodClient.EchoString(Value: string): string; begin if FEchoStringCommand = nil then begin FEchoStringCommand := FDBXConnection.CreateCommand; ...

Indy 10
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" The udp client component would be used in the datasnap server. The udp server component would be used in the datasnap client. --JivePart=_39eb5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="UDPDSClinetstub.zip" UEs...

Web resources about - Executing DataSnap server methods using FireDAC - Parameter Type - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

Self-executing rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The self-executing rule , also known as " deem and pass ", is procedural measure used by the U.S. House of Representatives to approve legislation. ...

'What use will executing us be?': Bali Nine member Myuran Sukumaran speaks out after bid for clemency ...
Myuran Sukumaran is one step closer to the firing squad after the Indonesian president rejected his clemency bid.

Parramatta shooting: police leave empty-handed after executing search warrant at mosque
Police executed a search warrant at a Parramatta mosque overnight as part of their investigations into the fatal shooting on Friday of a civilian ...

US states having trouble executing their citizens
Despite a Supreme Court ruling allowing a controversial drug to be used for lethal injections in Oklahoma, death-penalty states are finding it ...

Islamic State video purports to show boy executing 'Russian spies'
Islamic State releases video that purports to show a young boy executing two men accused of working for Russian intelligence.

Purported video shows ISIS executing Syrian soldiers in Palmyra
The Islamic State group posted a video online on Saturday showing Islamic State fighters killing some 25 Syrian government soldiers in the historic ...

New iOS security exploit lets apps read users’ information by executing unsigned code
Security expert Charlie Miller has found a flaw in code signing on iOS devices (via Forbes) that allows developers to sneak malware apps onto ...

Law Journal Apologizes For Article About Executing Law Professors, Professor Resigns
Insane law review article prompts professor's resignation... but how did he get hired in the first place?