Delphi XE6 How to link FastReport components to FireDAC components?

Hi to all.

I'm wondering on how to link FastReport componets to FireDAC components. A Delphi XE article "Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAC)" tells about some misterious component called "TfrxComponents" that is used to do de job but I can't find it nowhere.

FastReport demos uses ADOTables and ADOQuerys but no FDQueys neither FDTables. Is there any source code example for doing this?

I'll appreciate any link than can help me to best understand my trouble.

Regards,

Hernando.
0
Hernando

Please, contact FastReports company regarding FireDAC / FastReports intregration components.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

1. http://members.embarcadero.com
2. Login using the same credentials you used to register your product
3. Agree to export terms if prompted to do so.
4. Click My registered user downloads link.

Once you have FastReport installed, use FireDAC is the same as using any
other DataSet. All you need to so is set the DataSet property of a
TfrxReport.

If you have more questions about the FastReports that are included with
your product please post to Delphi.Third Party Tools.

Hernando Duque wrote:
> Hi to all.
>
> I'm wondering on how to link FastReport componets to FireDAC components. A Delphi XE article "Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAC)" tells about some misterious component called "TfrxComponents" that is used to do de job but I can't find it nowhere.
>
> FastReport demos uses ADOTables and ADOQuerys but no FDQueys neither FDTables. Is there any source code example for doing this?
>
> I'll appreciate any link than can help me to best understand my trouble.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hernando.

0
quinn
1/20/2015 5:28:18 PM
Thank you very much for your help.

Anyway after posting in Fast Report forums it seems to be that Fast Report Embarcadero edition does not support internal datasets, so you must purchase FastReport 5 VCL for having full functionallity

Regards,

Hernando.

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> First of all, FastReports has a propensity to uninstall itself. So, you
> might need to download it and reinstall it. Most versions (likely all)
> that are included with RAD Studio are available for download separately
> from the registered users download area. Here is how to get there:
>
> 1. http://members.embarcadero.com
> 2. Login using the same credentials you used to register your product
> 3. Agree to export terms if prompted to do so.
> 4. Click My registered user downloads link.
>
> Once you have FastReport installed, use FireDAC is the same as using any
> other DataSet. All you need to so is set the DataSet property of a
> TfrxReport.
>
> If you have more questions about the FastReports that are included with
> your product please post to Delphi.Third Party Tools.
>

> Hernando Duque wrote:
> > Hi to all.
> >
> > I'm wondering on how to link FastReport componets to FireDAC components. A Delphi XE article "Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAC)" tells about some misterious component called "TfrxComponents" that is used to do de job but I can't find it nowhere.
> >
> > FastReport demos uses ADOTables and ADOQuerys but no FDQueys neither FDTables. Is there any source code example for doing this?
> >
> > I'll appreciate any link than can help me to best understand my trouble.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Hernando.

0
Hernando

.net component to Delphi component ?
Hello, Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > >> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? > > http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. > I was hoping for a free tool but thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008...

Delphi XE5: Missing Propery Editors sources For Firedac Components
I'm developing in Delphi XE5 Enterprise edition. I'm looking for Firedac's Components Editors source file in source/Property Editors folder and i'm not able to find them. Component Editor is an object that usually extends TComponentEditor. Do you confirm that Embarcadero has not release the source code for Firedac's Components Editors in Delphi XE5? Hello Federico Most design time property editors and several component editors source files are not delivered. But several "major" component editors source files are delivered: * FireDAC.VCLUI.ConnEdit.pas - TF...

Delphi XE6: Where is TfrxFDComponents component?
Hi to all, I'm following the Delphi XE6 Wiki Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAc) as described in: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE6/en/Creating_Reports_with_FastReport_(FireDAC) But I can't find the described component TfrxFDComponents in my Delphi ToolPalette. Is something I missed to install? Any help will be appreciated. Regards, Hernando. Hi, You should download it from EDN. 07.01.2015 17:51, Hernando Duque wrote: > Hi to all, > > I'm following the Delphi XE6 Wiki Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAc) as described in:...

Delphi XE6: Where is TfrxFDComponents component?
Hi to all, I'm following the Delphi XE6 Wiki Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAc) as described in: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE6/en/Creating_Reports_with_FastReport_(FireDAC) But I can't find the described component TfrxFDComponents in my Delphi ToolPalette. Is something I missed to install? Any help will be appreciated. Regards, Hernando. Hi, You should download it from EDN. 07.01.2015 17:51, Hernando Duque wrote: > Hi to all, > > I'm following the Delphi XE6 Wiki Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAc) as described in:...

Component toolbar in Delphi XE4 missing tabs and components
I installed my custom components package in the RAD Studio XE4 "personality" (both Delphi and C++Builder). It seemed to work fine and I could create a VCL test app for both Delphi and C++Builder with one of the components dropped on a form. But now I am investigating this further and I find that a lot of components are missing.. :-( I managed to get the components displayed as a tabbed ribbon across the top similar to in Delphi7 by going to View/Toolbars/Components. Then I could also drag it to a place on the screen where it could use the full width of the IDE. I then...

Database Query and other components inside complex Delphi component
Hi! I am trying to develop Delphi DB component for displaying and editing customer data. Many tables (like, carts) in my database references customer using foreign key (like carts.fk_customer) and users want to see a lot of data about customer in diferent forms. So - I am planning to make the component (apparently - derived from TPanel) with the usual properties - DataSource, DataField (for FK_CUSTOMER) and this component should process the changes of its data field (usually fk_customer) by reading addional d ata from the query (component has DataSource property, so, this is possible to fi...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Components in Components
I'm finishing up on a component that I've been creating at run-time but thought I'd go ahead and compile it and add it to my palette. The component contains a number of TPersistent components and a couple of TComponents. It's working well, and it compiles OK, but in the Object Inspector each of the TComponent properties has a drop-down control next to it, as if I was supposed to pick a component from a list. What is going on with this? Do I need to define the owner differently, or specify a parent-lik e object? I'd rather it just list the name of the class, like how i...

FireDAc acess VS IBX in Delphi XE6
Dear Sir, I've been testing both tecnhologies: IBX and FireDac access for local and remote acess o Firebase database. In local access i foud no sucth diference. However in remote accesse FiraDac takes 10 to 20 time more the IBX and i wonder why? In both cases i used ZEBEDEE in order to improove access. Here goes a piece of the code i use: With MyFDacConnection Do begin Params.Add('CharacterSet=WIN1252'); Params.Add('user_name=' + Uppercase( User ) ) ; Params.Add('Password=' + Password ); Params.Add('ExtendedMetadata=...

Linking a component to another component
Hi, I'm trying to link a component to another one by its pointer, wich means that whe I create the component it creates 3 other components, and when I destroy it it destroys the other compoents associated example: I'm using this: type TSystem = class(TComponent) private F1, F2, F2: TButton; FPanel: TPanel; procedure SetPanel(Panel: TPanel); public constructor Create(AOwner: TComponent); override; destructor Destroy; override; published property Panel: TPanel read FPanel write SetPanel; <- when I get a new panel, it crea...

ANN: Bricksoft IM VCL Component v8.2 released. All components support Delphi 2009!
All components support Delphi 2009! Please download the trial version(http://www.imcomponents.com/bsimtrial.zip) if you like. -- Bricksoft Support Bricksoft IM(MSN+YAHOO+AIM+ICQ+Jabber/GTalk) SDK For NET/VCL/COM/SOAP - http://www.imcomponents.com/ "Jianmin Wu" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:72535@forums.codegear.com... > All components support Delphi 2009! with D2009 support, do you still require TNT controls for unicode ? Also do you have any plans to support emoticons ? Regards, Danny Component and demo for D2009 don't need TNT cont...

Web resources about - Delphi XE6 How to link FastReport components to FireDAC components? - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Corvette Stingray gets optional Z06 components
Filed under: Chevrolet , Coupe , Performance Chevrolet announces a series of upgrades available for the Corvette Stingray derived from the equipment ...

Lumentum, Fabrinet: Component Makers at Start of 5-Year Boom, Says Needham
Needham & Co .’s Alex Henderson today advises fiber optics enthusiasts to look to component makers , such as Lumentum ( LITE ), in 2016, more ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Solar Power Is Booming and Its Biggest Component Is Dirt Cheap
Prices for polysilicon, the main ingredient in solar cells, have dropped to a record low amid a supply glut that won’t end soon.

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people